News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Superheroes too "super"

Started by Arachobia, August 20, 2014, 07:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arachobia

Title is a bit silly, but was unsure what else to call it.

Basically the problem is that I recently decided I wanted to start a new campaign in  :ffvstr:. On the first level, I immediately notice all of Alchemiss' powers are unlocked and available. Using the console cheat to win the mission, I see the other characters are fine and Alchemiss attributes are still the normal you get at the start, and El Diablo, Mentor and Minuteman seem to be as normal for the beginning of the game

I am not sure if inveterate and amateur tinkering is to blame, but does anyone know how I can 'reset' this so that I start with her normal 5 powers?

Thanks

spydermann93

Quote from: Arachobia on August 20, 2014, 07:19:28 PM
Title is a bit silly, but was unsure what else to call it.

Basically the problem is that I recently decided I wanted to start a new campaign in  :ffvstr:. On the first level, I immediately notice all of Alchemiss' powers are unlocked and available. Using the console cheat to win the mission, I see the other characters are fine and Alchemiss attributes are still the normal you get at the start, and El Diablo, Mentor and Minuteman seem to be as normal for the beginning of the game

I am not sure if inveterate and amateur tinkering is to blame, but does anyone know how I can 'reset' this so that I start with her normal 5 powers?

Thanks

2 ways:

1. Use FFEdit to change the starting powers and attributes of the character
2. Delete any save games that you have.  Sometimes saves from one mod will mess with another.

Arachobia

Well at least it's an easy fix.

I will try the fixes in that order

catwhowalksbyhimself

Instead of deleting your save files, you might want to just move them to another folder somewhere.  Same effect, but you can always undo it later.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.