Alex's Freedom Fortress [2022-06-04] Twenty Years baby!

Started by abenavides, August 22, 2014, 01:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

That's cool! I've recently started running a lot of my gog games off a usb stick.
Didn't do the FF games because re-learning how to mod was tricky enough :)

But will probably switch to usb eventually - so convenient.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

SuperPoweredYank

This is just what I needed to get back into the game. Thanks!

Shogunn2517

Even though I kinda always keep the game on the background, peddle around with it every once and then... thought I'd come back add a few characters  over the last week...

But my Birthday was Thursday...

abenavides

Yes, I have now doubled the number of 2019 updates.
First, a minor (but useful) change to the site. The EZ Search feature now appears right at the top of all Skins & Meshes pages, saving you clicks if you're looking for something.

Alex's Atlas has 49 new map entries: including the 4 "blank" terrains from the original Freedom Force game (they came with the original FF editor) and the all the FFv3R maps! It's just one long page with pics right now, but hope to make it filterable soon.

And finally, more offerings from our resident artists:
- A sweet new Wonder Woman mesh and 5-skin pack from DaGlob

- Still cleaning out my folders all these years later. Here are 11 more meshes and 24 keyframes files by Beyonder.

- Two more skins by Courtnall6

- Two meshes by Renegade (with skins by Courtnall6)

get it all at http://alexff.com
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

DoctorRuina

Great! The Awesome Android! And I like very much the male_chef mesh!

DoctorRuina

I've been a long time without being able to install and play the freedom force game and it is good to see that you are still active.

SuperPoweredYank

I can't seem to find the keyframes by Beyonder you mentioned. Are they listed on the site yet?

abenavides

Oops, sorry about that.
Hadn't added them to my db.
They are there now.
www.alexff.com

SuperPoweredYank

abenavides

Probably been years since I did 3 updates in a month but here we are! First up, more works by our resident artists!

Ten more from the very prolific DaGlob!

Three more classic meshes released from Renegade's Toybox

But wait ! There's more! The first new EZ Hero in 4 years!
This new 4.0 version adds some significant new features:
NIF Convert - yes, you can now convert a mesh from FF to FFv3R format directly in EZ Hero. It leaves your old mesh as a backup (renamed with an "ff_" prefix). It does not require NET framework to be installed and also supports stumpy's lighting fix as an option

Mesh Install - instantly install a mesh to the right folder! Great for newbs or lazy people like me! Select a mesh to install with the button or, EVEN  BETTER, just drag and drop a mesh (or multiple meshes at once!) onto the EZ Hero screen to get them all installed. EZ Hero will warn you if a mesh folder already exists. Also, for mesh archives that have FF and FFv3R files in them - it will even install only the ones you need for the game you have listed in your settings. Check out the EZ Hero page for more info! NOTE: The vast majority (I'd guess 90-95%) of mesh archives will work but those that use uncommon folder structures or multi-packs won't. Always have backups!
www.alexff.com

abenavides

With summer coming up, I'm back with another Fortress update! For starters, I've added a little slide show of Freedom Force pics at the top of this homepage. Will add more pics in the future as this initial attempt was just a quick test of some code .

Also in this update, I post more classic stuff from Renegade's Toybox!

And finally, I've created a new version of the FF Classic Mod, the first one since 2016! Version 5 has a number of changes, including:
Fix for missing truck error in mission 4
Fix for crash in mission 5 when Nick speaks and for clicking on "dead" Nick
Fix for turrets in mission 4
Fix for some missing caption text
Adjusted Mission1 point awards so MinuteMan can purchase power in mission 2 tutorial (FFv3R has different pt calculations than FF, which causes a problem)
Added the original menu screens from FF
Added the opening Irrational animation (Sea Urchin) from FF
Added the credits from FF
Added the start intro from FF
Relabeled TEAM button to TRAIN and RUMBLE ROOM to DANGER ROOM
New, cleaner launch shortcut

There are likely still bugs left to find, but this version is much closer to the classic FF experience. Grab it on the MODS page!

www.alexff.com

SickAlice

Ah the good old Ren meshes, I feel so young again (I said while coughing up real cobwebs).

abenavides

A quick but historic update today. It only took about 18 years, but I've now posted the remaining Beyonder meshes I had on my hard drive. His X-Men Evolution collection is now complete. I've also split the generic male mesh packs into individual downloads with keyframes (over 70 meshes). Finally, I've added the female generic meshes (more than 50, featuring standard skins by Firestorm!) If there are other Beyonder meshes I'm unaware of, let me know!

Note that all the downloads in the artist sections now indicate SKIN or MESH, so you know what to expect.

www.alexff.com

daglob

El1jahSnowFan

With the Yahoo Groups gone, this is such a valuable resource. Those Beyonder base meshes are so useful/adaptable for when various characters would change hairstyles and appearances, and it's just so amazing that they're all in one place

abenavides

For the 4th of July, I'm posting the rest of Renegade's classic Captain America meshes as well as a few other shield-slingers from his ToyBox. Thanks to Cyber Burn for providing me a few of these.

The ever-creative DaGlob is also back with 7 more creations! Three of them (Triumph, Tarantula, and The Phantasm) feature skopes by Cyber_Burn.

Also in this update, I've posted an updated Freedom Force Classic Mod (v6) to correct a problem with the installer. Thanks to spydermann93 for catching it.

Finally, a special thanks to DaGlob for creating FFv3R fixes for some older meshes by Greycount (Flare, Lamprey, Lightning Lass, Phantom Girl). Thanks to him, we can now enjoy them in FFv3R. He has also sent me some fixes for a few KennX meshes which I will add to my next update.
www.alexff.com

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

abenavides

Keeping the streak alive, here's another update for all you Freedom Force fans out there!

First up, there's a new update of the Freedom Force Classic Mod (now at version 7). This latest update fixes some missing NIFs that cause a crash on the Prehistoric Panic mission. (And I double-tested the installer to avoid my usual mistake when I build this mod for distribution!)

Also this month, the EZFX credits pages have been updated to show the version of EZFX that a specific FX was first released in. I also changed the formatting to make it a bit easier to read and corrected a database problem that was causing the page to not always show all the FX. I am still working on EZFX version 6.2.

Thanks to DaGlob for putting together FFv3R versions of some KennX meshes that would not convert to FFv3R. They are actually found in Lightning Man's Gallery, as Kenn did them for LM. We can now enjoy them in FFv3R!

And finally, we have some newly uploaded skins and meshes from the Fortress' resident artists.

Courtnall6

Renegade

www.alexff.com

daglob

naitvalis

Nice update, its good to see this stuff saved and sure at the fortress, thank you .

abenavides

First post of 2021. With the everything going on in the world the last few months, haven't played around with FF lately, but I do have some updates in the works!

A quick one today - a new update of the Freedom Force Classic Mod (now at version 8). Even though I'd added missing NIFs for the Prehistoric Panic mission in v7, a lack of mesh bounding boxes meant it as impossible to complete the mission. Thanks to NyDedes for sending me a fixed NIF file. I've also patched up problems in Missions 10, 14, and 16. I am aware of an issue in Mission 19 (that will require a fixed NIF file - I just have to make the time to fix it). There's also a minor issue in Level 1 if you're doing the tutorial. Other than that, FF Classic should be playable up to 19, so we're almost 100%. Get it on the Mods page!
www.alexff.com

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

abenavides

Just a quick note - have updated the look of the site. It's been the same for years now so I thought I'd make a change. Nothing radical, just color, fonts, and the layout of the toolbar. May make other changes in the future, but this will do for now. Hoping to have some more content soon.
www.alexff.com

BentonGrey

Oh wow, that surprised me!  It's going to take some getting used to with the toolbars moved, ha! 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

I like it. It makes everything jump off and is easier to pick up with the eyes. Good work as always. I should probably follow your lead on my mess of an index page.

abenavides

As part of my ongoing quest to organize my Freedom Force files, I'm posting a bunch of 15 meshes/skins by resident artist - Interceptor. All of these should work in FF or FFv3R. I have been going through all existing meshes on my site to make sure they work for both games, including conversions when needed.

www.alexff.com

SuperPoweredYank

Quote from: abenavides on November 29, 2021, 02:42:17 AM
As part of my ongoing quest to organize my Freedom Force files, I'm posting a bunch of 15 meshes/skins by resident artist - Interceptor. All of these should work in FF or FFv3R. I have been going through all existing meshes on my site to make sure they work for both games, including conversions when needed.

Great update! I've been looking for Male_Alpha_Effects for awhile now. Though I'm not sure I care for the Fortress being white...

SuperPoweredYank

Huh, weird. It seems for some reason the Freedom Fortress displays the normal black colors on my computer, but white on my phone. I don't suppose that matters but it's worth pointing out.