Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Mania's design?

5 - Love it!
4 - Like it
3 - Meh, no strong feelings
2 - Dislike it
1 - Hate it!

Podmark

Closing off this weeks Costume Rating we turn our eye to the newest symbiote hero, Mania:

Andi Benton was a neighbor and high school student of Flash Thompson (aka Agent Venom). When Venom's arch nemesis Jack O'Lantern came after Flash, Andi was caught in the cross fire. To protect her Flash sent a portion of his symbiote to her and she became Mania, and acted as Flash's sidekick until he joined the Guardians of the Galaxy.

So what do you think?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

I like it more than the Agent Venom look. A lot more actually. I kind of wish this was Flash's look minus the hair part. I give it a 4

That name though. Ouch. :doh:

bat1987

She's a cool sidekick to Flash. Not big on the hair though.

Glitch Girl

I actually like it.  It looks like something a highschooler would come up with as a superhero form which is why I think it works.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Podmark

I like the Mania design. It's nothing ground breaking but combines elements of the classic Venom and Agent Venom with some fancy anime hair into something I think works. It's a little on the complicated side with the spikes and accessories, and I'd be interested in seeing more artists tackle to see how it holds up, but for today I give it a mild 4.

For those curious Andi only has the spikey hair in her symbiote form.

I thought Mania was a good addition to the Venom book, it's just too bad she was added so late into the run just before the cancellation. It is redundant to have yet another symbiote character in the comics, but she was interesting and I'm disappointed that little will probably be done with the character in the future. Hopefully I'll be wrong.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

I originally gave it a 3 vote, but on reflection I'd give it a 4. It's not a bad design at all, about the only thing I'd change is maybe tone down the spikes in a few areas... but that could be the artwork as much as the design itself.