News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Scribblenauts Unmasked Thread

Started by trebean, September 08, 2014, 07:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trebean

My PC just got recently upgraded, unfortunately my FFvTTR (Along with most of my works, both shown and unshown) was saved in another drive which my father has no idea where it ended up to, to psych myself up for the tedious work in setting the game up again, I decided to get this game.
Welp, that plan totally backfired on me since now I'm busy trying to create other Comic Book Characters in the Hero Creator.

Anyone else played this game? Tons of fun, I can have a Slightly Small Joker fight a Neurotic Angry Mini Firebreathing Robin while zombie Justice League is being held off by Red Lantern Guy Gardner

abenavides

Been meaning to check this one out. the hero builder does look like tons of fun.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

trebean

It's a bit tedious looking for the right parts and the hero creator itself is pretty thorough. Scripting and Fiddling the AI takes lot of work. It took me a solid hour just to come up with Iron Man, Capt, and Hulk (I was gonna start on Thor but I lost the name of the guy who's parts I was gonna borrow)
Though there's a lot of times where Steam Workshop saves a lot of times.

lugaru

Now does the content of Workshop apply to Unmasked? Like the previous scribblenaughts, anything you want, somebody has made.

Can I download pre-made heroes in Unmasked?

trebean

Yep!
But if you're like me I try to do more obscure heroes or just random stuff (One minute I'm doing Loki, then the next it's Walter White)

BentonGrey

Ohh my gosh, I have totally been missing out!  So...it's possible that I've become moderately obsessed with/addicted to, Scribblenauts Unmasked.  This thing is so darn fun, charming, and UNBELIEVABLY thorough in its adaptation of the DC Universe that I can't get enough of it!  This, minus a few dumb characters and the New 52 stuff, is pretty much, in breadth, what I wanted the DCUG to be.  Amazingly enough, I think they've out DCed me! :D  Ha, anyway, this is a ton of fun, and if you haven't gotten it yet, it's definitely worth picking up, especially if you can get it on sale like I did.

I was astonished that they had all kinds of characters that even I had never encountered outside of a Who's Who issue.  In fact, it rather seems like the folks behind it just went through Who's Who and put in every character they came across, which is especially remarkable because we're not two different continuities removed from when a lot of these Silver Age characters were around.  Imagine my surprise when I came across, not only G.I. Robot, but the Ghost Patrol as well!  It's hard to get much more obscure than those guys. 

The Aqua Family comes off especially well, with the game featuring Aquaman, Mera, Vulko, Tempest, and the new Aqualad and Aguagirl, but surprisingly, it also features the CLASSIC Aquagirl!  All of that makes it odd that they don't also have the classic Aqualad.  Of course, I couldn't let an injustice like that stand, so I whipped up my own custom, and I went ahead and brought all of their aquatic steeds and finny friends to life too.  Check it out!

And, perhaps even more impressive, the Aqua-Foes aren't neglected either:

I have a question for the Scribblenauts veterans, though.  How can you make custom characters behave like they're supposed to?  I've got a custom Scavenger and Gentleman Ghost, but they cower and act like cowards when they come out.  They've each got behaviors that have them target protectors, but they still wuss out.  Any pointers?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

trebean

I just build them over characters that act the way they do (Maybe you built them over civilians?"), did you also make them target other stuff?