News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 3

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, September 20, 2014, 02:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

Fanatic is flying over the city on patrol when she hears a disturbance.  Arriving at the edge of the city, she passes a stagecoach with no driver, its horses racing in fear as they try to outrun the raptor behind it.  Meanwhile a small group of cowboys is having a shootout against a heavily armed robot.  A rockets explodes out of the shadows, destroying the robot.  Fanatic quickly spots Expatriette taking cover behind a Greek statue.

As she lands, a mini-van pulls up, and the Sentinels pile out of it.  Having dealt with time rifts before, they were called in by the mayor to investigate.

As the six heroes gather together, another figure appears in a bright burst of light.

"Howdy.  You all seem to be having a bit of a problem here" Chronoranger states.  "What we have here is a time paradox about to happen.  Con says its a big one.  It's already messing up time bad, and it hasn't even happened yet.  We can stop it, but best keep your eyes peeled.  Whatever's about to happen should be pretty obvious."

Just then a small tear appears in the sky, and a figure falls out of it, that everyone immediately recognizes from all news footage.  It's Legacy's father, the Legacy from World War II.

"Yep, that ought to do it.  If he dies here, that would mess up time good and proper."

Legacy flies in a confusion for a moment, then flies further in toward the time disturbance.  As the heroes race to catch up, they see a floating fortress.  It is one of Baron Blade's Mobile Defense Platforms!  An energy beam is emerging from the top and the entire thing is enclosed in a glowing energy field.  A Hologram appears on the field's surface.

"Greeting, Legacy.  You can't possibly understand how delighted I am to see you here.  My father's notes, plus my own genius intellect, indicated that your brief disappearance during the war could only have resulted in your arrival here.  Finally, I will have you revenge on you for killing my father!  Or rather your would have, for you die here and now, if I have to bring down the continent to make it happen.  Which is exactly what I plan on doing.  Ha ha ha!"

Effects in play:

Side:TerraLunar Impulsion Beam Inventor
HP: 40 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play: Mobile Defense Platform, 10 hp
Spoiler

Mobile Defense Platform: 10 hp, Device--Baron Blade is immune to Damage.
Trash: 0/15

HP: 29
Available Powers:
Load: Play a card

Cards in Play: None
Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Reload:One-Shot--Take an Ammo card from your trash and put it into play or into your hand.
Speed Loading:Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, you may take 1 Ammo card from your trash and put it on the top of
your deck. At the start of your turn, you may play an Ammo card.
Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card
may be in play next to this card at a time.
Unload: One-Shot--This turn, you may use as many Powers as you have Guns in play.

HP: 31 Highest Hero Target
Available Powers:
Redeem--Fanatic regains 1 hp.  Draw 1 card.

In Play: None

Hand:
Spoiler

Final Dive:One-Shot--Destroy a Target with 4 or fewer HP, other than a Character card.
Fanatic deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = the destroyed Target's current HP before it was destroyed.
Brutal Censure:One-Shot--Fanatic deals 1 Target 2 Radiant Damage.You may draw a card.
Sanctifying Strike:One-Shot--Fanatic deals 1 Target 1 Melee Damage.You may draw a card.Fanatic regains 1 HP.
Prayer of Desperation: One-Shot--Draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.Immediately end your turn.

HP: 30
Available Powers
Gung-Ho: 1 Hero regains 1 hp and may use a Power now.

Hand:
Spoiler

Bolster Allies:One-Shot--Each player draws a card.
Motivational Charge:Ongoing,Limited--Power: Legacy deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Take Down:Ongoing--Villain cards cannot be played.At the end of your turn, the Villain Target with the highest HP deals Legacy 2 Energy Damage.At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
"Thokk!":One-Shot--Legacy deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.Draw a card.

Dr Medico
13 hp
Power--M.D.: 1 Hero target regains 3 hp.

Mainstay
14 hp
Power--Block: Reduce damage dealt to all your Hero targets by 1 until the start of your next turn.

The Idealist
11 hp Lowest Hero Target
Power--Telekinetic Jab: The idealist deals 1 target 2 Psychic damage.

Writh
14 hp
POwer--Extract: Reveal the bottom card of a deck. Discard it or put it on the top of that deck.

Hand
Spoiler

Human Shield:Ongoing--If Mainstay is active, you may redirect any Damage that would be dealt to a Hero Target to Mainstay.At the start of your turn, either discard 2 cards or destroy this card.
Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and Writhe is active, destroy that Target.
Second Chance: One-Shot--Flip one of your Character cards from its incapacitated side to its active side.Restore it to 6 HP.
Restorative Burst: One-Shot--If Dr. Medico is active, you may flip one of your incapacitated Heroes and restore it to 3 HP.Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.

HP: 28

It is Baron Blade's turn

Baron Blade play Backlash Field: Ongoing--The first time Baron Blade is dealt Damage by a Target each turn, Baron Blade deals that Target 3 Lightning Damage.

Some notes on Baron Blade:

On this side, he wins if he gets 15 cards in his trash, which means is terrluna beam is done charging and he crashes the Moon into the Earth.
Knock him to 0 hp, and he flips and revives back to 30 as he hops in his power armor and takes on the heroes personally.

It is now Expatriette's turn.

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Reload:One-Shot--Take an Ammo card from your trash and put it into play or into your hand.
Speed Loading:Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, you may take 1 Ammo card from your trash and put it on the top of
Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card
Unload: One-Shot--This turn, you may use as many Powers as you have Guns in play.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Deaths Jester

I'll draw 2 cards and end my turn.

"That bloody scum's got up a field of pain waiting for us.  Stinking chicken!"
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You draw

Spoiler

Liquid Nitrogen Rounds:Equipment,Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.Change that card's Damage type to Cold. After that card's Power is used to Damage a Target, reduce Damage dealt by that Target by 1 until the start of your next turn. After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Tactical Shotgun:Equipment,Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

It is now Fanatic's turn

Available Powers:

Hand:
Spoiler

Final Dive:One-Shot--Destroy a Target with 4 or fewer HP, other than a Character card.Fanatic deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = the destroyed Target's current HP before it was destroyed.
Brutal Censure:One-Shot--Fanatic deals 1 Target 2 Radiant Damage. You may draw a card.
Sanctifying Strike:One-Shot--Fanatic deals 1 Target 1 Melee Damage. You may draw a card. Fanatic regains 1 HP.
Prayer of Desperation: One-Shot--Draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand. Immediately end your turn.

Glitch Girl

QuoteArriving at the edge of the city, she passes a stagecoach with no driver, its horses racing in fear as they try to outrun the raptor behind it.  Meanwhile a small group of cowboys is having a shootout against a heavily armed robot.
(thinks "Hmmm... must be Tuesday.")

Fanatic dives towards the Baron.  "Yield, villain!  Or face the Wrath of Heaven itself!"

I use Brutal Censure against him (since I think he's the only target) and activate Redeem.

Does that latter part kick in before or after  Backlash Field activates?

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

The Baron is currently immune to damage due to the effects of his Mobile Defence Platform. (10 hp) Would you like to attack it insead?

Glitch Girl

Yes.

On the plus side, I think that means that the Backlash Field doesn't go into effect yet. 

Forgot to mention that yes I do want to draw a card this round from Brutal Censure in addition to the one for Redeem.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

To answer your earlier quest, you play cards before you use powers, so the backlash field will kick in first.

Also, be it known that I have a card in my hand that will let me use a power every time the backlash field goes off, meaning I'll be able to eventually pay him back with interest every time he does that.

That knocks MDF down to 8 hp.

You Draw

Spoiler

Aegis of Resurrection: Equipment,Relic,Limited--When Fanatic drops to 0 or fewer HP, restore Fanatic to 10 HP, then, destroy this card.
End of Days: Ongoing--At the start of the Environment turn, destroy all cards in play, other than this card, Character cards, and Relics.Then, destroy this card.
Zealous Offense: Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, select up to 2 non-Character card targets. Those Targets cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.At the end of your turn, if you have not dealt at least 3 Damage this turn, destroy this card.

Current status

Effects in play:

Cards in Play: Mobile Defense Platform--8 hp, Backlash Field
Spoiler

Backlash Field: Ongoing--The first time Baron Blade is dealt Damage by a Target each turn, Baron Blade deals that Target 3

Lightning Damage.

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Liquid Nitrogen Rounds:Equipment,Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.Change that card's Damage type to Cold. After that

card's Power is used to Damage a Target, reduce Damage dealt by that Target by 1 until the start of your next turn. After that

Power is used, destroy this card.
Tactical Shotgun:Equipment,
Limited,
Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage.
Only 1 Ammo card may be in

play next to this card at a time.

Available Powers:

Hand:
Spoiler

Final Dive:One-Shot--Destroy a Target with 4 or fewer HP, other than a Character card.
Fanatic deals 1 Target X Projectile

Damage, where X = the destroyed Target's current HP before it was destroyed.
Sanctifying Strike:One-Shot--Fanatic deals 1 Target 1 Melee Damage.You may draw a card.Fanatic regains 1 HP.
Prayer of Desperation: One-Shot--Draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.Immediately end your turn.
Aegis of Resurrection: Equipment,Relic,Limited--When Fanatic drops to 0 or fewer HP, restore Fanatic to 10 HP, then,

destroy this card.
End of Days: Ongoing--At the start of the Environment turn, destroy all cards in play, other than this card, Character

cards, and Relics.Then, destroy this card.
Zealous Offense: Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, select up to 2 non-Character card targets. Those Targets

cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.At the end of your turn, if you have not dealt at least 3 Damage this turn,

destroy this card.

Available Powers

Hand:
Spoiler

Motivational Charge:Ongoing,Limited--Power: Legacy deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Take Down:Ongoing--Villain cards cannot be played.At the end of your turn, the Villain Target with the highest HP deals

Legacy 2 Energy Damage.At the start of your turn, destroy this card.

Dr Medico
13 hp

Mainstay
14 hp
Power--Block: Reduce damage dealt to all your Hero targets by 1 until the start of your next turn.

The Idealist
11 hp Lowest Hero Target

Writh
14 hp
POwer--Extract: Reveal the bottom card of a deck. Discard it or put it on the top of that deck.

Hand
Spoiler

Human Shield:Ongoing--If Mainstay is active, you may redirect any Damage that would be dealt to a Hero Target to

Mainstay.At the start of your turn, either discard 2 cards or destroy this card.
Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and

Writhe is active, destroy that Target.
Second Chance: One-Shot--Flip one of your Character cards from its incapacitated side to its active side.Restore it to 6

HP.
Restorative Burst: One-Shot--If Dr. Medico is active, you may flip one of your incapacitated Heroes and restore it to 3

HP.Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.

It is now Legacy's turn

Available Powers

Hand:
Spoiler

Take Down:Ongoing--Villain cards cannot be played.At the end of your turn, the Villain Target with the highest HP deals  Legacy 2 Energy Damage.At the start of your turn, destroy this card.

Reepicheep

"Bring down the continent? Tell it to the chaplain, Pal!"

"Well, I know a bad guy when I see one." Legacy uses Bolster Allies to unify the heroes, "...and I know how to take sides!"

He then uses Gung Ho - If I can choose who gets the power use, then it would be Expatriette. "Give him your best shot, Doll!"

And draw a card.

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteHe then uses Gung Ho - If I can choose who gets the power use, then it would be Expatriette.

You can indeed.  You can even choose yourself, if you have another power you want to activate.

Everyone draws a card, plus Legacy draws one for the end of his turn.

Expatriette:

Spoiler

Submachine Gun: Equipment,Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals each non-Hero Target 1 Projectile Damage.Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

Fanatic:
Spoiler

"Absolution": Equipment,Relic,Limited--When this card enters play, Fanatic regains 1 HP.Power: Select Melee, Fire, or Radiant as this card's Damage type. Fanatic deals 1 Target 3 Damage of that type.

Legacy:
Spoiler

Danger Sense: Ongoing--Legacy is immune to Damage from Environment cards.
Next Evolution: Ongoing   Power: Legacy is immune to the Damage type of your choice until the start of your next turn.

The Sentinels:
Spoiler

Positive Energy: One-Shot--Each Hero Target regains 1 HP. ;If the Idealist is active, she deals each Villain Target 2 Psychic Damage.

Expatriette, you may use a power now.

Deaths Jester

Well, seeing as the only power I've got to play right now is "Load", I'll use it to play "Shotgun".  If possible, I'll target Blade's Mobile Defense Platform...if not, that's okay.

"Don't have to tell me twice, old man."

catwhowalksbyhimself

Load only lets you put the gun into play.  You'd need a second power to fire it, which is fine, since it saves you a turn of set up.

Effects in play:

Cards in Play: Mobile Defense Platform--8 hp, Backlash Field
Spoiler

Backlash Field: Ongoing--The first time Baron Blade is dealt Damage by a Target each turn, Baron Blade deals that Target 3

Lightning Damage.

Available Powers:
Tactical Shotgun: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage.
Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a

time.

Cards in Play: Tactical Shotgun
Spoiler

Limited,

Hand:
Spoiler

Liquid Nitrogen Rounds:Equipment,Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.Change that card's Damage type to Cold. After that

card's Power is used to Damage a Target, reduce Damage dealt by that Target by 1 until the start of your next turn. After that

Power is used, destroy this card.
Submachine Gun: Equipment,Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals each non-Hero Target 1 Projectile Damage.Only 1 Ammo card

Available Powers:

Hand:
Spoiler

"Absolution": Equipment,Relic,Limited--When this card enters play, Fanatic regains 1 HP.Power: Select Melee, Fire, or

Radiant as this card's Damage type. Fanatic deals 1 Target 3 Damage of that type.

Aegis of Resurrection: Equipment,Relic,Limited--When Fanatic drops to 0 or fewer HP, restore Fanatic to 10 HP, then,

destroy this card.
End of Days: Ongoing--At the start of the Environment turn, destroy all cards in play, other than this card, Character

Zealous Offense: Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, select up to 2 non-Character card targets. Those Targets

cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.At the end of your turn, if you have not dealt at least 3 Damage this turn,

destroy this card.

Available Powers

Hand:
Spoiler

Next Evolution: Ongoing   Power: Legacy is immune to the Damage type of your choice until the start of your next turn.
Take Down:Ongoing--Villain cards cannot be played.At the end of your turn, the Villain Target with the highest HP deals 

Dr Medico
13 hp

Mainstay
14 hp

The Idealist
11 hp Lowest Hero Target

Writh
14 hp

Hand
Spoiler

Positive Energy: One-Shot--Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.;If the Idealist is active, she deals each Villain Target 2

Psychic Damage.
Human Shield:Ongoing--If Mainstay is active, you may redirect any Damage that would be dealt to a Hero Target to

Mainstay.At the start of your turn, either discard 2 cards or destroy this card.
Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and

Second Chance: One-Shot--Flip one of your Character cards from its incapacitated side to its active side.Restore it to 6

HP.
Restorative Burst: One-Shot--If Dr. Medico is active, you may flip one of your incapacitated Heroes and restore it to 3

It is now the Sentinels' turn.  As a reminder, while you do have 4 different characters, you can still only use one of their powers during your powers phase.  You do, however, have more options to start with.

Dr Medico
13 hp

Mainstay
14 hp

The Idealist
11 hp Lowest Hero Target

Writh
14 hp

Hand
Spoiler

Positive Energy: One-Shot--Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.;If the Idealist is active, she deals each Villain Target 2 Psychic Damage.
Human Shield:Ongoing--If Mainstay is active, you may redirect any Damage that would be dealt to a Hero Target to Mainstay.At the start of your turn, either discard 2 cards or destroy this card.
Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and Writhe is active, destroy that Target.
Second Chance: One-Shot--Flip one of your Character cards from its incapacitated side to its active side.Restore it to 6 HP.
Restorative Burst: One-Shot--If Dr. Medico is active, you may flip one of your incapacitated Heroes and restore it to 3 HP.Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.

Outcast

Will Idealist's Telekinetic Jab (2 psychic damage) have any effect on Baron's Mobile Defense Platform?

If yes, I'll use that and play Fling into Darkness to reduce it 3hp (2 pyschic + 3 melee), which should completely destroy it since Writhe is still active. Then draw a card to end my turn.

If it will have no effect, i'll just use Block to Reduce damage to all Hero targets, then draw a card to end my turn. (I'd rather not play and waste any of the cards i have at the moment.)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Damage is damage, so it would harm the platform.  You must, however, use a card before using a power, so that won't actually work.

Would you still like to just block and not play?

Outcast

In that case, i'll use Telekinetic Jab to weaken the mobile platform and just draw a card to end my turn.

catwhowalksbyhimself

That brings the mdp down to 6 hp.  You draw

Spoiler
Aura of Vision: Ongoing, Signature--At the start of your turn, if the Idealist is active, select 1 Player. That Player may draw 1 card.

That makes it my turn.

A hologram projects from the Chrono-ranger's wrist communicator, depicting a wanted poster.  It has a picture of a Baron Blade on it and says "Wanted for creation of a dangerous time paradox.  Stop with all diligence and speed.  Alive if possible.  Subject is consider the Ultimate Target and is extremely dangerous."

I play "The Ultimate Target": Ongoing,Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target.Increase Damage dealt by Chrono-Ranger to that Target by 1.The first time that Target deals Damage each turn, you may use a Power.

I will put it next to Baron Blade.  I will then deal the MDP 1 damage, reducing it to 5 and draw a card.

It is now the Time Cataclysm's turn

The environment plays

Crushing Hallway: Anomaly,Trial--At the end of the Environment turn, 1 Player may discard their hand to destroy this card.At the start of the Environment turn, deal each Target 4 Melee Damage and destroy all Hero Ongoing cards.

So the question is, does anyone want to discard their hand to get rid of it before it goes off?  I'd rather not, since I have a good hand setup and would be the only one to lose an Ongoing, but it will keep hitting us every round, which would not be so good, so yeah.  I suppose I can if absolutely essential though.  Up to you guys.

Deaths Jester

I guess I could discard my hand because other than "Unload", I don't have anything exactly special.

Outcast

Since i didnt play any card during my turn, I could discard my Human Shield card. It won't feel such a waste, since it's purpose is to protect a Hero target after all.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Outcast on October 14, 2014, 04:03:10 PM
Since i didnt play any card during my turn, I could discard my Human Shield card. It won't feel such a waste, since it's purpose is to protect a Hero target after all.

Except that you would be required to discard your entire hand not just that one card.  Doesn't matter.  DJ has volunteer, so I'll take him up on that.

Crushing Hallway is destroyed then.

For simplicy's sake, I'm not going to be typing out all the hps every time they change.  I'll just repost everyone's status instead.

Baron Blade plays

Hasten Doom: One-Shot--Baron Blade deals each Hero Target 2 Toxic Damage.Play the top card of the Villain deck.

He then plays

"Consider the Price of Victory": One-Shot--Each player discards 1 card.Baron Blade deals each Hero Target 2 Sonic Damage.Discard X cards from the top of the Villain deck, where X = the number of Hero cards discarded this turn.

So that's a total of 4 points of damage to all heroes (sorry, Sentinels) and everyone who still has a hand must pick one to discard. 

Since there are four of us with cards, he discards the top 4.  That makes 6 in his discard pile.  9 more to go.

Effects in play:

Cards in Play: Mobile Defense Platform--6 hp, Backlash Field
Spoiler

Backlash Field: Ongoing--The first time Baron Blade is dealt Damage by a Target each turn, Baron Blade deals that Target 3 Lightning Damage.
Trash: 6/15

HP: 25
Available Powers:
Tactical Shotgun: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

Spoiler

Limited,

Hand: Nothing

HP: 27 Highest Hero Target
Available Powers:

Hand:
Spoiler

"Absolution": Equipment,Relic,Limited--When this card enters play, Fanatic regains 1 HP.Power: Select Melee, Fire, or

Radiant as this card's Damage type. Fanatic deals 1 Target 3 Damage of that type.

destroy this card.

destroy this card.

HP: 26
Available Powers

Hand:
Spoiler

Dr Medico
9 hp

Mainstay
10 hp

The Idealist
7 hp Lowest Hero Target

Writh
10 hp

Hand
Spoiler

Positive Energy: One-Shot--Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.;If the Idealist is active, she deals each Villain Target 2

Psychic Damage.

HP.

Aura of Vision: Ongoing, Signature--At the start of your turn, if the Idealist is active, select 1 Player. That Player may

draw 1 card.

HP: 24

It is now Expat's turn

Available Powers:

time.

Spoiler

Limited,

Deaths Jester

I'll use shotgun on Blade's MDF, draw a card, and end my turn.

Outcast

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on October 15, 2014, 01:14:34 AM
Except that you would be required to discard your entire hand not just that one card.  Doesn't matter.  DJ has volunteer, so I'll take him up on that.

:doh: Sorry i guess i just read too quickly and misunderstood.

He then plays

"Consider the Price of Victory": One-Shot--Each player discards 1 card.Baron Blade deals each Hero Target 2 Sonic Damage.Discard X cards from the top of the Villain deck, where X = the number of Hero cards discarded this turn.

Since there are four of us with cards, he discards the top 4.  That makes 6 in his discard pile.  9 more to go.

That's the one card that i had wished wouldn't come up since it piles up his trash/discard pile. :banghead:

So that's a total of 4 points of damage to all heroes (sorry, Sentinels) and everyone who still has a hand must pick one to discard.

"Argh!" I think i'll need all the healing cards i can get. I'll discard Human Shield now.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I forgot to shoot something when Baron Blade does damage, so I hit the mdp at all.  It's only got 1 hp left.

Expat draws

Spoiler

Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

It is now Fanatic's turn. Don't forget to discard one card before you do anything else.

HP: 27 Highest Hero Target
Available Powers:

Hand:
Spoiler

"Absolution": Equipment,Relic,Limited--When this card enters play, Fanatic regains 1 HP.Power: Select Melee, Fire, or Radiant as this card's Damage type. Fanatic deals 1 Target 3 Damage of that type.
Fanatic deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = the destroyed Target's current HP before it was destroyed.
Aegis of Resurrection: Equipment,Relic,Limited--When Fanatic drops to 0 or fewer HP, restore Fanatic to 10 HP, then, destroy this card.
End of Days: Ongoing--At the start of the Environment turn, destroy all cards in play, other than this card, Character cards, and Relics.Then, destroy this card.
Zealous Offense: Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, select up to 2 non-Character card targets. Those Targets cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.At the end of your turn, if you have not dealt at least 3 Damage this turn, destroy this card.

Glitch Girl

I'll discard End of Days since I don't want to feed his discard pile. 

Then I'll play Absolution to call down the fires of heaven on the mobile platform.  Redeem should still be in effect.

-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

Redeem and Absolution are both powers, so you can only use one or the other.  Just playing Absolution does heal you for 1 hp.

(even if you choose to use Redeem as your powers, you can still put Absolution into play for use later and will still get the healing)

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

So you heal for 2 points total and draw a total of two cards

Spoiler

Wrathful Retribution: One-Shot--Discard 3 cards.If you do, Fanatic deals 1 Target X Radiant Damage, where X = Fanatic's maximum HP minus her current HP.

Effects in play:

Cards in Play: Mobile Defense Platform--1 hp, Backlash Field
Spoiler

Lightning Damage.
Trash: 6/15

Available Powers:

time.

Spoiler

Limited,

HP: 29 Highest Hero Target
Available Powers:
Absolution: Select Melee, Fire, or Radiant as this card's Damage type. Fanatic deals 1 Target 3 Damage of that type.

In Play: Absolution
Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

destroy this card.

destroy this card.

Wrathful Retribution: One-Shot--Discard 3 cards.If you do, Fanatic deals 1 Target X Radiant Damage, where X = Fanatic's

maximum HP minus her current HP.

Available Powers

Hand:
Spoiler

Dr Medico
9 hp

Mainstay
10 hp

The Idealist
7 hp Lowest Hero Target

Writh
10 hp

Hand
Spoiler

Psychic Damage.

HP.

Aura of Vision: Ongoing, Signature--At the start of your turn, if the Idealist is active, select 1 Player. That Player may

draw 1 card.

HP: 24

It is now Legacy's turn

Available Powers

Hand:
Spoiler

Take Down:Ongoing--Villain cards cannot be played.At the end of your turn, the Villain Target with the highest HP deals  Legacy 2 Energy Damage.At the start of your turn, destroy this card.

Reepicheep

Tough choice, but I think I'll discard Danger Sense. Bring it, environment!

With the MDP almost destroyed, I'll play Take Down (On Baron Blade, if I have to specify). "This Jerry won't get a chance to strike back! He won't know what hit him, see?"

I'll then use Gung Ho for The Sentinels. What are the implications of that in terms of healing? If I have to specify an individual, it would be The Idealist.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yes, the Sentinels are four separate heroes, so you must pick one and only that particular one may use their power.  In terms of raw healing, Medico's the most efficient, as his power heals, so he'd heal for 1 and then could heal anyone for 3.  Idealist is fine two since it would allow idealist to kill the mdp, but would leave the Sentinels vulnerable to the Backlash field as they will be forced to hit Blade if they use several of their cards.

It's pretty much up to you though.

Reepicheep

I'll stick with my choice of Idealist - we'd only be in that same situation later anyway, right?

In future, with a combination of my Gung Ho and Medico's power, we can easily counteract that Backlash effect.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Backlash hurts the Sentinels more than it does anyone else due to their low hp, but we would indeed run into that next round anyway, unless we destroy it.

In any case, my bounty lets me shoot back at him whenever he backlashes, so it's all good.

So Idealist heals one and can now use a power.

Legacy draws
Spoiler
Inspiring Presence: Ongoing,Limited--When this card enters play, each Hero Target regains 1 HP.Increase Damage dealt by Hero Targets by 1.

And then it is the Sentinels turn.  Note: Idealist's power use is on Legacies turn.  On your own turn, you can still use her power if you like, since it's a different turn.

Dr Medico
9 hp

Mainstay
10 hp

The Idealist
8 hp Lowest Hero Target

Writhe
10 hp

Hand
Spoiler

Positive Energy: One-Shot--Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.;If the Idealist is active, she deals each Villain Target 2 Psychic Damage.
Aura of Vision: Ongoing, Signature--At the start of your turn, if the Idealist is active, select 1 Player. That Player may draw 1 card.

Deaths Jester

Wait....didn't my discarding my hand destroy the environment effect? Or do we have to go one turn with it before it's gone?