Questions about editing particle emitters...

Started by daglob, September 24, 2014, 09:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

First, can you turn them off? I know that with some meshes, each emitter has a separate texture, but some all use the same one. So, can some of these be turned off, without just deleting them?

Second, are there ways of speeding up or slowing down the rate of emission? There are a couple of meshes that seem to have a rapid stream of particles, while most are just kind of average. I've looked at 'em in Nifscope, but I don't want to just go messing around with them.

hoss20

Keep in mind that I am using male_basic_FX as an example. Go to the FX_(body part) that is under the Scene Root node. Just right click on the node you want to hide, click on 'Flags', and then check the 'Hidden' box. Doing this on the FX_Emitter branch located on the skeleton (branches listed under the Bip01 node) won't do anything.

I have been able to reduce the size and rate of emission of an FX. I did this for the cigar smoke on the Pip the Troll skope I did with Djfredski. I can't remember where I made the adjustments, but I thought I found where to do this in a thread somewhere.

Cyber Burn

For your first question, you should be able to hide a particle emitter, same as you would any other Mesh piece, but it may depend on which Mesh that you're using. I only tried "IG_Starbolt_Gren" by Grenadier, and was able to hide a Particle Emitter without breaking the Mesh.

For your second question, I think AA had posted something about this, but I could be wrong.

Arghh!!! Ninja'd by Hoss!

daglob

SickAlice

In need of knowledge on pacing emitters for a current project as well. In my case I'd like them to start and stop in sequence, like a geyser rather plume or flame. At worst I plan on trying an animated texture effect against them (I've never tried this with emitters but I don't see why it would be any different than a mesh) but I'd rather not have that many textures in the folder.