News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Liberty Bay stuff

Started by Arachobia, October 05, 2014, 12:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arachobia

Liberty bay is rapidly turning into my nemesis.

So, I have been playing  :ff: again, making my way through The Strangers and related mods. But wanted to go back to  :ffvstr: recently and check out some of those mods.

I got hold of liberty bay from the site again, mostly as I wanted to have a look at the characters in it. But once again I am having weird issues with the shortcut. This time, although the shortcut target F:\Games\GOG.com\FFvTTR\ffvt3r.exe -game liberty_bay -log and the start in location is F:\Games\GOG.com\FFvTTR\ffx3\..\, the game keeps opening up regular  :ffvstr: with FFX squared applied.

Anyone have any idea why I can't seem to access the mod itself?

spydermann93

Change the start location from "F:\Games\GOG.com\FFvTTR\ffx3\..\" to "F:\Games\GOG.com\FFvTTR\liberty_bay\..\"

And you should be good to go :)

Arachobia

Thanks spydermann, but it still is having the same issue :/. Also, weirdly, when it loads it had no sound and the options menu has only "no sound" available.

Was also downloading the Patriot city mod and have the same issue.

DC Universe and Marvel Adventures mods work fine, as does the FFX3 one.

I'm wondering if I somehow fouled the Install up... Maybe it should be extracted into the FFX3 folder?

I got Liberty City to work a while ago, but I had to re-install  :ffvstr:, so I deleted all the left-over mods for a clean install. Wish I could remember what I did differently

spydermann93

You made sure to extract all files in the "libertybayissue1.zip" to it's own mod folder, right?

Because, other than that, the mod should work fine (it does for me).

Also, make sure the name that you're putting in your shortcut property lines is the name of the mod folder, if you're not already doing that.

Arachobia

Turns out the download was corrupt. It quite badly messed up my copy of the game and I've had to re-install literally everything from scratch.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway