News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 4

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, October 20, 2014, 01:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Yuan

Looking at Infections - OX has 2 Disruptive Flechettes, each will zap 2.  If he uses Electro-deployment Unit to play a card he can zap all four remaining on his turn and deal a total of 4 damage to Plague Rat.  (And if his own Infection is still in play at the beginning of his turn his retribution attack will deal another 2).  Alternately, Visionary can zap one with Mental Divergence and Legacy can Gung Ho her for a second. That means OX will only need to play one Flechettes.  I'm inclined more towards the first scenario as that will result in more damage dealt to Rat.  Other thoughts?
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Reepicheep

Happy to deal with all 4 infections, but would prefer that visionary clears mine and I can get rid of shadow ambush + 3 others instead. Any objections?

Edit: ignore me. Happy to take the infection hit to deal PR a couple hp. I'll hit all 4 infections.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on December 04, 2014, 11:33:25 AM
Hmm, I think I'm mistaken.  The healing effect for Plague Rat is still listed in the summary, but his HP is correct at least based on the previous summary posted.  Your summary doesn't list maximum HPs for characters, just current, and since PR's HPs are currently on a round number (70) I assumed he was at full health.

His max is 85.  I'll remove Plague Locus's effect, but in fact I have not been applying it.  I've made a few errors, but the rat's hp is not one of them.  At least not at the moment.

Also Surge of Strength was your draw, which I did post.  You discarded the extra motivational charge, so that's where it is.

The rat dies horribly.  I mean the small one.  The big one takes a total of 5 points of damage and one Infection is gone.  Yay!

Expat draws
Spoiler

Hollow Points: Equipment, Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.  Increase the Damage of that card's Power by 2.  After that Power is used, destroy this card.

It is now Wraith's turn

Effects in play:
If Expat would be deal 3 or more damage, prevent it
All damage reduced by 1
All damage increased by 1 and turned into Toxic
Legacy and Wraith may use an extra power on their turn

Side:Plaguebearer
Spoiler

Side A--Plaguebearer
At the start of the Villain turn, if all active Heroes are Infected, flip Plague Rat's Villain Character card. Whenever a card named Infection is destroyed, Plague Rat deals each Hero Target (H) Toxic Damage.At the end of the Villain turn, Plague Rat deals each Hero Target 1 Irreducible Melee Damage.

Side B--Filthy Vermin
At the start of the Villain turn, Plague Rat deals each Infected Hero 2 Toxic Damage.At the start of the Villain turn, if any active Heroes are not Infected, flip Plague Rat's Villain Character card.Infected Heroes have these powers:Power: Your Hero deals a Hero Target 3 Toxic Damage. Your Hero regains 3 HP.Power: Your Hero deals themself (H) Toxic Damage. Destroy a card named Infection.At the end of the Villain turn, Plague Rat deals each Hero Target 1 Irreducible Melee Damage.
HP: 65 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
Shadowy Ambush
Infection(4)--Legacy, Expatriette, Omnitron-X, Legacy
Spoiler

Shadowy Ambush: Ongoing--Whenever Plague Rat deals 5 or more Damage to a single Target, play the top card of the Villain deck.
Infection: Ongoing--When this card is played, if all active Heroes are Infected, discard this card and play the top card of the Villain deck. Play this card next to an active Hero who is not Infected. That Hero is Infected. At the start of that Hero's turn, they deal themselves 1 Irreducible Toxic Damage.

HP: 11 Lowest Hero Target
Available Powers:
Load: Play a card
Submachine Gun: Expatriette deals each non-Hero Target 1 Projectile Damage.Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time. Cards in Play: Submachine Gun, Flak Jacket
Assault Rifle: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

In Play: Submachine Gun, Assault Rifle, Flack Jacket, Hollow Poins(Submachine Gun)
Spoiler

Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Submachine Gun: Equipment,Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals each non-Hero Target 1 Projectile Damage.Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Flak Jacket:Equipment, Limited--If Expatriette would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, prevent all of it and destroy this card.

Hand:
Spoiler

Hollow Points: Equipment, Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.  Increase the Damage of that card's Power by 2.  After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Liquid Nitrogen Rounds: Equipment,Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.Change that card's Damage type to Cold. After that card's Power is used to Damage a Target, reduce Damage dealt by that Target by 1 until the start of your next turn. After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Liquid Nitrogen Rounds: Equipment,Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.Change that card's Damage type to Cold. After that card's Power is used to Damage a Target, reduce Damage dealt by that Target by 1 until the start of your next turn. After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Reload:One-Shot--Take an Ammo card from your trash and put it into play or into your hand.
Quick Draw: One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either "Pride" or "Prejudice" and put it into play.If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.
Quick Draw: One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either "Pride" or "Prejudice" and put it into play.If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.

Available Powers:
Sleuth: Reveal the top card of the Environment deck.  Discard it or play it.
Infrared Eyepiece: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.
Stun Bolt: The Wraith deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. Until the start of your next turn, reduce all Damage dealt by that Target by 1.

In Play: Inrared Eyepiece, Stun Bolt, Utiity Belt
Spoiler

Utility Belt: Equipment, Limited--You may use an additional power during your power phase.
Infrared Eyepiece: Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.
Stun Bolt: Equipment--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. Until the start of your next turn, reduce all Damage dealt by that Target by 1.

Hand:
Spoiler

Mega Computer:Equipment--Reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 1.
Throat Jab:One-Shot--The Wraith deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. The Target dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.
Inventory Barrage: One-Shot--Destroy all of your Equipment cards. The Wraith deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed this way.
Combat Stance:Ongoing,Limited--The first time The Wraith is dealt Damage by a Target each turn, The Wraith deals that Target 2 Melee Damage.
Combat Stance:Ongoing,Limited--The first time The Wraith is dealt Damage by a Target each turn, The Wraith deals that Target 2 Melee Damage.
Trust Fund:One-Shot--Draw 4 cards, then discard 2 cards.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment, Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP. Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.
Micro Targeting Computer:Equipment,Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.

Available Powers
Enlighten: 1 Player draws 2 cards then discards 1 card.
Mental Divergence: Destroy 1 Ongoing card, or take 1 Ongoing card from a Hero trash and put it on top of that Hero's deck.

In Play: Mental Divergence
Spoiler

Mental Divergence: Ongoing,Limited--Power: Destroy 1 Ongoing card, or take 1 Ongoing card from a Hero trash and put it on top of that Hero's deck.

Hand:
Spoiler

Mass Levitation: Ongoing--Power: Until the start of your next turn, reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 3.
Mental Divergence: Ongoing,Limited--Power: Destroy 1 Ongoing card, or take 1 Ongoing card from a Hero trash and put it on top of that Hero's deck.
Demoralization: Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, The Visionary deals each Villain Target 1 Psychic Damage.
Psychic Maelstrom: One-Shot--The Visionary deals each non-Hero Target 2 Psychic Damage.
Precognition: One-Shot--Look at the top 3 cards of the Villain deck.Put 1 on top of the Villain deck and 2 on the bottom of the Villain deck.
Wrest The Mind: Ongoing,Limited--Play this card next to a Target, other than a Character card.Whenever that Target deals  Damage, you may redirect that Damage to another Target. If you do, The Visionary deals this card's Target and herself 3 Psychic Damage each.If the Target leaves play, destroy this card.

HP: 19 color=green]Highest Hero Target[/color]

Available Powers
Timeshift: Reveal the top card of a deck.  Put it into play or into the trash.
Rocket Punch: Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. Omnitron-X may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.

In Play: Rocket Punch, Reactive Plating Subroutine, Ablative Coating, Electro-Deployment Unit, Focused Plasma Cannon, Innervation Ray
Spoiler

Innervation Ray: Equipment,Component--At the start of your turn, up to 3 Hero Targets regain 1 HP each.If Omnitron-X is dealt 5 or more Damage in one turn, destroy this card.
Focused Plasma Cannon: Equipment,Component--At the start of your turn, Omnitron-X may deal 1 Target 2 Irreducible Fire Damage.If Omnitron-X is dealt 5 or more Damage in one turn, destroy this card.Rocket Punch: Equipment--Power: Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. Omnitron-X may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.
Electro-Deployment Unit: Equipment,Component--At the start of your turn, either draw a card or play a card.If Omnitron-X is dealt 5 or more Damage in one turn, destroy this card.
Rocket Punch: Equipment--Power: Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. Omnitron-X may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.
Ablative Coating: Equipment,Plating--Reduce Melee, Projectile, and Toxic Damage dealt to Omnitron-X by 2.When this card enters play, return all other Plating cards to your hand.
Reactive Plating Subroutine: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever Omnitron-X is dealt Damage of a type currently reduced by a Plating card, Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Damage of that type.

Hand
Spoiler

Disruptive Flechettes: One-Shot--Destroy up to 2 Ongoing cards.Omnitron-X deals each non-Hero Target 2 Projectile Damage.
Disruptive Flechettes: One-Shot--Destroy up to 2 Ongoing cards.Omnitron-X deals each non-Hero Target 2 Projectile Damage.
Reactive Plating Subroutine: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever Omnitron-X is dealt Damage of a type currently reduced by a Plating card, Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Damage of that type.
Self Sabotage: One-Shot--Destroy any number of Component cards.Omnitron-X deals 1 Target X Energy Damage, where X = the number of Component cards destroyed by this card times 2.
Singularity: One-Shot--Destroy any number of Equipment cards.Omnitron-X deals each non-Hero Target X Lightning Damage, where X = the number of Equipment cards destroyed by this card.

HP: 13

In Play: Danger Sense, Motivational Charge, Lead from the Front, The Legacy Ring
Spoiler

The Legacy Ring: Equipment,Limited--You may use an additional power during your power phase.
Danger Sense: Ongoing--Legacy is immune to Damage from Environment cards.
Motivational Charge:Ongoing,Limited--Power: Legacy deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Lead from the Front: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt Damage by a Villain card, you may redirect that Damage to Legacy.

Hand
Spoiler

Surge of Strength: Ongoing,Limited--Increase Damage dealt by Legacy by 1.
The Legacy Ring: Equipment,Limited--You may use an additional power during your power phase.
Take Down:Ongoing--Villain cards cannot be played.At the end of your turn, the Villain Target with the highest HP deals Legacy 2 Energy Damage.At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
"Thokk!": One-Shot--Legacy deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.Draw a card.
Fortitude: Ongoing,Limited--Reduce Damage dealt to Legacy by 1.
Flying Smash: One-Shot--Legacy deals up to 3 Targets 3 Melee Damage each.

Cards in Play: Biometric Plasma Vat, Irradiated Cyclohexane Vat

Spoiler

Irradiated Cyclohexane Vat: Vat--Convert all Damage to Toxic Damage.Increase all Damage by 1.
Biometric Plasma Vat: Vat--At the end of the Environment turn, each Target regains 1 HP.Reduce all Damage by 1.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Reepicheep on December 04, 2014, 07:09:14 PM
Happy to deal with all 4 infections, but would prefer that visionary clears mine and I can get rid of shadow ambush + 3 others instead. Any objections?

Edit: ignore me. Happy to take the infection hit to deal PR a couple hp. I'll hit all 4 infections.

Perhaps Visionary can take out Shadowy Ambush?

Also, I also have a Motivational Charge in my trash (as well as in play and in my hand).  I'm not sure where that goof up occurred, but I certainly don't need it and can put it back in my deck.

Outcast

If Omnitron X will take care of all 4 remaining infections, i can certainly destroy Shadowy Ambush. I'll most likely play Mass Levitation next, to protect all of us from any further "accidents" that could happen in the Lab.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Outcast on December 05, 2014, 01:17:58 AM
If Omnitron X will take care of all 4 remaining infections, i can certainly destroy Shadowy Ambush. I'll most likely play Mass Levitation next, to protect all of us from any further "accidents" that could happen in the Lab.

Too bad you can't leave the Rat behind.  Exploding vats can do a bunch of damage.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Glitch Girl

Busy weekend, apologies.  Think I'm caught up.

Playing  Micro Targeting Computer, Hitting Plague Rat with Stun Bolt, and Scanning him with Infrared Eyepiece.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Glitch Girl on December 08, 2014, 05:22:35 PM
Busy weekend, apologies.  Think I'm caught up.

Playing  Micro Targeting Computer, Hitting Plague Rat with Stun Bolt, and Scanning him with Infrared Eyepiece.

Nice!  Micro Targeting Computer turns Stun Bolt from a decent attack into a great attack.  I see a Gung Ho in Wraith's future . . .

catwhowalksbyhimself

So that's 3 points of damage to the rat, reducing his damage by 1.

His deck gives you

Spoiler

Noxious Bite:One-Shot--Plague Rat deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP (H) Toxic Damage.Search the Villain deck for a copy of the card Infection. Put it into play. Shuffle the Villain deck.
Afflicted Frenzy: Ongoing--At the start of each Hero turn, if the Hero is Infected, they deal X Melee Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP, where X = the number of Infected Heroes.

Choose 1 to put on the top of his deck and one on the bottom.

Outcast

If we get to destroy all the infections this round, Afflicted Frenzy would be another time waster for Plague Rat. As it would have little effect if we're no longer infected. And being an ongoing card, i can easily destroy it after Plague Rat plays it next round. It would give some of us time to heal, and a chance to properly get some more cards set up or just catch up in the race of dealing more damage first.

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on December 05, 2014, 02:20:57 AM
Quote from: Outcast on December 05, 2014, 01:17:58 AM

Too bad you can't leave the Rat behind.  Exploding vats can do a bunch of damage.

I know the environment could probably help us out in dealing more damage to the Plague Rat. But as of the moment, i don't think we're ready or equip to handle additional damage from the environment.

Maybe if you had Heroic Interception, i can choose to destroy Mass Levitation myself (since i can always return it on top of my deck) to have the environment help us out in dealing Plague Rat more damage.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You don't have to destroy Mass Levitation.  It's a Power and does nothing unless you use it.

Outcast

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on December 09, 2014, 03:47:29 AM
You don't have to destroy Mass Levitation.  It's a Power and does nothing unless you use it.

Oh yeah you're right. :doh: I thought it was an ongoing effect or something, because Uncle Yuan seemed concerned if i played it. So i didn't notice it was a power. Good to know.

On the other hand, that would mean if i use it's power this round, i can't destroy Plague Rat's Shadowy Ambush this turn.

Glitch Girl

If Outcast is right, then put Afflicted Frenzy on top and Noxious Bite on the bottom.

Wraith may be feverish and achey, but she's not giving up yet.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

If the infections are gone, Frenzy will indeed do nothing.

Wraith draws
Spoiler

Throat Jab:One-Shot--The Wraith deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. The Target dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.
Micro Targeting Computer:Equipment,Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.

It is now Visionary's turn.  At the beginning of her turn, she deals herself 2 Toxic damage.  By the way, I checked and Mass Levitation hasn't been played yet anyway.  It's still merely in your hand.

Effects in play:
All damage reduced by 1
Plague Rat's damage is reduced by 1

Spoiler

Side A--Plaguebearer
At the start of the Villain turn, if all active Heroes are Infected, flip Plague Rat's Villain Character card. Whenever a card named Infection is destroyed, Plague Rat deals each Hero Target (H) Toxic Damage.At the end of the Villain turn, Plague Rat deals each Hero Target 1 Irreducible Melee Damage.

Side B--Filthy Vermin
At the start of the Villain turn, Plague Rat deals each Infected Hero 2 Toxic Damage.At the start of the Villain turn, if any active Heroes are not Infected, flip Plague Rat's Villain Character card.Infected Heroes have these powers:Power: Your Hero deals a Hero Target 3 Toxic Damage. Your Hero regains 3 HP.Power: Your Hero deals themself (H) Toxic Damage. Destroy a card named Infection.At the end of the Villain turn, Plague Rat deals each Hero Target 1 Irreducible Melee Damage.
HP: 62 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
Shadowy Ambush
Spoiler

Shadowy Ambush: Ongoing--Whenever Plague Rat deals 5 or more Damage to a single Target, play the top card of the Villain deck.
Infection: Ongoing--When this card is played, if all active Heroes are Infected, discard this card and play the top card of the Villain deck. Play this card next to an active Hero who is not Infected. That Hero is Infected. At the start of that Hero's turn, they deal themselves 1 Irreducible Toxic Damage.

HP: 11
Available Powers:
Submachine Gun: Expatriette deals each non-Hero Target 1 Projectile Damage.Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time. Cards in Play: Submachine Gun, Flak Jacket
Assault Rifle: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

In Play: Submachine Gun, Assault Rifle, Flack Jacket, Hollow Poins(Submachine Gun)
Spoiler

Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Submachine Gun: Equipment,Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals each non-Hero Target 1 Projectile Damage.Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Flak Jacket:Equipment, Limited--If Expatriette would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, prevent all of it and destroy this card.

Hand:
Spoiler

Reload:One-Shot--Take an Ammo card from your trash and put it into play or into your hand.

Available Powers:
Infrared Eyepiece: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.
Stun Bolt: The Wraith deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. Until the start of your next turn, reduce all Damage dealt by that Target by 1.

In Play: Inrared Eyepiece, Stun Bolt, Utiity Belt, Micro Targeting Computer
Spoiler

Utility Belt: Equipment, Limited--You may use an additional power during your power phase.
Infrared Eyepiece: Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.
Stun Bolt: Equipment--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. Until the start of your next turn, reduce all Damage dealt by that Target by 1.

Hand:
Spoiler

Inventory Barrage: One-Shot--Destroy all of your Equipment cards. The Wraith deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = 2 times the number of cards destroyed this way.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment, Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP. Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.

HP: 9 Lowest Hero Target
Available Powers
Mental Divergence: Destroy 1 Ongoing card, or take 1 Ongoing card from a Hero trash and put it on top of that Hero's deck.

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Mass Levitation: Ongoing--Power: Until the start of your next turn, reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 3.
Demoralization: Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, The Visionary deals each Villain Target 1 Psychic Damage.
Psychic Maelstrom: One-Shot--The Visionary deals each non-Hero Target 2 Psychic Damage.
Precognition: One-Shot--Look at the top 3 cards of the Villain deck.Put 1 on top of the Villain deck and 2 on the bottom of the Villain deck.
Wrest The Mind: Ongoing,Limited--Play this card next to a Target, other than a Character card.Whenever that Target deals  Damage, you may redirect that Damage to another Target. If you do, The Visionary deals this card's Target and herself 3 Psychic Damage each.If the Target leaves play, destroy this card.

HP: 19 color=green]Highest Hero Target[/color]

Available Powers
Rocket Punch: Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. Omnitron-X may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.

In Play: Rocket Punch, Reactive Plating Subroutine, Ablative Coating, Electro-Deployment Unit, Focused Plasma Cannon, Innervation Ray
Spoiler

Innervation Ray: Equipment,Component--At the start of your turn, up to 3 Hero Targets regain 1 HP each.If Omnitron-X is dealt 5 or more Damage in one turn, destroy this card.
Focused Plasma Cannon: Equipment,Component--At the start of your turn, Omnitron-X may deal 1 Target 2 Irreducible Fire Damage.If Omnitron-X is dealt 5 or more Damage in one turn, destroy this card.Rocket Punch: Equipment--Power: Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. Omnitron-X may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.
Electro-Deployment Unit: Equipment,Component--At the start of your turn, either draw a card or play a card.If Omnitron-X is dealt 5 or more Damage in one turn, destroy this card.
Rocket Punch: Equipment--Power: Omnitron-X deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. Omnitron-X may deal 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage.
Ablative Coating: Equipment,Plating--Reduce Melee, Projectile, and Toxic Damage dealt to Omnitron-X by 2.When this card enters play, return all other Plating cards to your hand.

Hand
Spoiler

Self Sabotage: One-Shot--Destroy any number of Component cards.Omnitron-X deals 1 Target X Energy Damage, where X = the number of Component cards destroyed by this card times 2.
Singularity: One-Shot--Destroy any number of Equipment cards.Omnitron-X deals each non-Hero Target X Lightning Damage, where X = the number of Equipment cards destroyed by this card.

In Play: Danger Sense, Motivational Charge, Lead from the Front, The Legacy Ring
Spoiler

Motivational Charge:Ongoing,Limited--Power: Legacy deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Lead from the Front: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt Damage by a Villain card, you may redirect that Damage to Legacy.

Hand
Spoiler

Take Down:Ongoing--Villain cards cannot be played.At the end of your turn, the Villain Target with the highest HP deals Legacy 2 Energy Damage.At the start of your turn, destroy this card.

Spoiler

Irradiated Cyclohexane Vat: Vat--Convert all Damage to Toxic Damage.Increase all Damage by 1.
Biometric Plasma Vat: Vat--At the end of the Environment turn, each Target regains 1 HP.Reduce all Damage by 1.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Outcast on December 09, 2014, 04:02:54 AM
Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on December 09, 2014, 03:47:29 AM

Oh yeah you're right. :doh: I thought it was an ongoing effect or something, because Uncle Yuan seemed concerned if i played it. So i didn't notice it was a power. Good to know.

On the other hand, that would mean if i use it's power this round, i can't destroy Plague Rat's Shadowy Ambush this turn.

Well, there is a way to get to use two powers this round if you feel it's really important.  What do you feel the odds are of getting a vat explosion this round?  On the other hand, my plan for this round was to Gung Ho the Wraith so she can hit PR with a second stun bolt, meaning his odds of being able to do 5 damage to any one target are nil.  Plus, Legacy can take a slice of damage from PR if he's picking too much on one person.  In other words, I think keeping Shadowy Ambush in play is very low risk.

Outcast

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on December 09, 2014, 11:50:26 AM
Well, there is a way to get to use two powers this round if you feel it's really important.  What do you feel the odds are of getting a vat explosion this round?  On the other hand, my plan for this round was to Gung Ho the Wraith so she can hit PR with a second stun bolt, meaning his odds of being able to do 5 damage to any one target are nil.  Plus, Legacy can take a slice of damage from PR if he's picking too much on one person.  In other words, I think keeping Shadowy Ambush in play is very low risk.

Hmmm, you maybe right about Shadowy Ambush being low risk at the moment. I think the odds of getting a vat explosion this round is high since i think there's only 15 cards in the Environment Deck and there are 3 copies of it in the deck. We've already seen 1, so that means there's 2 more in there. So, i don't want to risk it at the moment.

QuoteCat: By the way, I checked and Mass Levitation hasn't been played yet anyway.  It's still merely in your hand.

Yes i know, i was meaning to play the card and thought the effects would automatically go in effect. But now that i know it's a power. I'll just play the card and then choose to use that power instead. Then draw a card to end my turn.

Although feeling herself slowly succumbing to the effects of the Plague Rat's poisonous infection, Visionary chooses to use her power of Mass Levitation to try and keep the vats in the industrial complex from doing further damage to her teammates.

"You guys just concentrate on taking care of the Plague Rat, i'll try and do what i can to prevent the vats from causing further damage just in case they explode or anything."

catwhowalksbyhimself

Done and done.  You draw

Spoiler
Prophetic Vision: One-Shot--Look at the top 3 cards of the Environment deck.Put 1 on top of the Environment deck and 2 on the bottom of the Environment deck.

It is now Omnitron's turn.  At the start of his turn, he deals himself 2 damage.  As he has taken toxic damage, he hits Plague Rat for 2.

You may now play 1 card or draw 1 card.  Then choose the targets of Innervation Ray and Focused Plasma Cannon and continue your turn.

Effects in play:
All damage reduced by 1
Damage by Environment Cards reduced by 3

Spoiler

Side A--Plaguebearer

Side B--Filthy Vermin
HP: 60 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
Shadowy Ambush
Spoiler

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

HP: 9 Lowest Hero Target
Available Powers
Mass Levitation: Until the start of your next turn, reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 3.

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Prophetic Vision: One-Shot--Look at the top 3 cards of the Environment deck.Put 1 on top of the Environment deck and 2 on the bottom of the Environment deck.

HP: 17 color=green]Highest Hero Target[/color]

Available Powers

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Spoiler

Reepicheep

Omnitron clicks play on his inbuilt jukebox.

Having already dealt two damage, Omni piles on another three (2+vat, irreducible) on Plague Rat from Focused Plasma Cannon.

He then heals Visionary, Expat and Wraith for 1hp each ... Ladies.

Using Electro Deployment Unit, plays one set of Disruptive Flechettes to heal his own infection as well as Expat's. He places his weapon against his own head, fires them in his own face and then is like, :cool: 'that's better.'

The projectiles cure Expat (???), then ricochet off the wall and do 2 damage to Plague Rat. Omni hasn't even started his turn yet.

Omnitron-MD then repeats the process for Legacy and Visionary. Curing them. With, like, a shotgun. Plague rat takes another 2 damage.

When you're on a roll, you're on a roll. Omnitron uses Rocket Punch to deal an additional 3 damage to Plague Rat.

He then drops the mic and moonwalks out.

catwhowalksbyhimself

That was as hillarious as it was awesome.

That's a grant total of 12 damage to the Rat including the 2 from earlier.  Ouch.

You draw
Spoiler

It is now Legacy's turn

Effects in play:
All damage reduced by 1

Spoiler

Side A--Plaguebearer

Side B--Filthy Vermin
HP: 50 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
Shadowy Ambush
Spoiler

HP: 12
Available Powers:

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

HP: 12
Available Powers:

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

HP: 10 Lowest Hero Target
Available Powers
Mass Levitation: Until the start of your next turn, reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 3.

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Spoiler

Glitch Girl

Wraith watches the scene that just transpired and thinks to herself,  "daaaaaaayyyyyyum."
-Glitch Girl

Uncle Yuan

"Well done, Omnitron-X, well done!  You think you're tough, Rat?  You haven't seen tough yet!" (Play Fortitude.  New standing order - all instances of 1 point of "non-irriducible" damage to be redirected to Legacy.)
"We've got him on the ropes, team!  Keep up the pressure!" (Motivational Charge)
"I think he really felt that Stun Bolt, Wraith. Hit him again!" (Gung Ho for the Wraith)

Glitch Girl

Wraith uses the opening to fire another Stun Bolt at Plague Rat.

(does that damage reduction stack?)
-Glitch Girl

Outcast

As Plague Rat's next card to play is Afflicted Frenzy, his only means of attack for next round would be his (1+1)irreducible melee damage for each Hero Target. So i don't think Wraith's stun bolt would have any effect on it.

But in the end, i think most of us ended up breaking even with the damage we received or will receive. Legacy having used Motivational Charge to heal (1) every Hero Target. And every one gets to heal (1) as well thanks to the Biometrical Vat. Not to mention Omnitron-X's Innervation Ray for a few select heroes.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Glitch Girl on December 11, 2014, 04:44:55 AM
Wraith uses the opening to fire another Stun Bolt at Plague Rat.

(does that damage reduction stack?)

Why yes, it does.

Quote from: Outcast on December 11, 2014, 06:20:06 AM
As Plague Rat's next card to play is Afflicted Frenzy, his only means of attack for next round would be his (1+1)irreducible melee damage for each Hero Target. So i don't think Wraith's stun bolt would have any effect on it.

But in the end, i think most of us ended up breaking even with the damage we received or will receive. Legacy having used Motivational Charge to heal (1) every Hero Target. And every one gets to heal (1) as well thanks to the Biometrical Vat. Not to mention Omnitron-X's Innervation Ray for a few select heroes.

He's still on his flip side, so he'll hit you all for 2 regular damage before he flips, then hit you with the irreducible later.  The first lot of damage can be reduced.

Anyhow, Wraith deals 3 damage to Plague Rat.

Legacy draws

Spoiler
Next Evolution: Ongoing   Power: Legacy is immune to the Damage type of your choice until the start of your next turn.

That ought to make you happy.

It is now the Environment's turn.

Pike plays Chemical Explosion--Destroy all Vat cards. Deal all Targets X Toxic Damage, where X = the number of cards destroyed by this card plus 3.At the end of the Environment turn, destroy this card.

All vats are destroyed.  Chemical explosion deals a total of 2 damage to everybody thanks to Visionary.  Legacy is immune and Omnitron's armor reduces it to 0, so only Plague Rat and the three ladies take it.

It is now Plague Rat's turn.

He first hits all heroes for 0 points of damage thanks to double Stun Bolts, then, as at least one hero is unInfected, he flips back.  He then flips back to the Plaguebearer side, and hits everyone for 1 irreducible damage.  Omnitron, having taken Toxic damage, hits him back for 2.

It is now Expat's turn.

Effects in play:
All damage reduced by 1
Damage to Legacy reduced by 1

Spoiler

Side A--Plaguebearer

Side B--Filthy Vermin
HP: 41 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
Shadowy Ambush
Spoiler

HP: 10
Available Powers:

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

HP: 8 Lowest Hero Target
Available Powers

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

In Play: Danger Sense, Motivational Charge, Lead from the Front, The Legacy Ring, Fortitude
Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Next Evolution: Ongoing   Power: Legacy is immune to the Damage type of your choice until the start of your next turn.

Cards in Play: None

Spoiler

Uncle Yuan

Yes!  Next Evolution is the capstone to this build.  For those who don't know, it allows Legacy to use a power to become immune to any one damage type.  Being immune to a damage type is NOT reducing it, it is simply not being affected by it.  So, Legacy could declare himself immune to toxic damage and safely "take" everybody's toxic damage, irreducible or not.

And well played with the Mass Levitation!  You were spot on in your timing with that, Outcast!

Uncle Yuan

Expatriette ducks behind a chunk of still smoking vat debris and working with the calm efficiency of the truly expert, pulls a handgun of impressive size out of her pack, inserts a magazine and chambers a round.  (Play - Quick Draw and put Pride into play) She sets this within easy reach on the floor next to her, unholsters a compact submachine gun from a specially designed holster across the small of her back, pops up from her makeshift cover and unleashes a hail of hollow-point hell at Plague Rat. (Power - Submachine Gun) Popping up from behind her cover she takes aim at Plague Rat and fires.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Hollow Points should have been destroyed when you used them last turn.  Sigh.  I could have sword I removed them from the list.  You do have another copy in your hand.

Uncle Yuan

I should have remembered that myself. I'll use Pride, instead.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Pride goes into play and is used to do 2 damage to Plague Rat.

You draw

Spoiler

Unload: One-Shot--This turn, you may use as many Powers as you have Guns in play.

It is now Wraith's turn

Effects in play:
Damage to Legacy reduced by 1

Spoiler

Side A--Plaguebearer

Side B--Filthy Vermin
HP: 39 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
Shadowy Ambush
Spoiler

HP: 10

In Play: Submachine Gun, Assault Rifle, Flack Jacket, Pride
Spoiler

"Pride":Equipment, Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. If ""Prejudice"" is in play, you may use its Power. Up to 2 Ammo cards may be in play next to this card at a time.

Hand:
Spoiler

Unload: One-Shot--This turn, you may use as many Powers as you have Guns in play.

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

HP: 8 Lowest Hero Target
Available Powers

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

In Play: Danger Sense, Motivational Charge, Lead from the Front, The Legacy Ring, Fortitude
Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Cards in Play: None

Spoiler