News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 54: New 52 Reverse Flash

Started by Podmark, October 21, 2014, 04:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the New 52 Reverse Flash's design?

5 - Love it!
4 - Like it
3 - Meh, no strong feelings
2 - Dislike it
1 - Hate it!

Podmark

Recently the current New 52 Flash comics introduced their own Reverse Flash:

I believe this version was Danny West, though I'm not really aware of much else about him. So what do you think?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

1. Though I wish I could give it a negative 100, this is just horrible. Whoever designed this should be embarrassed.

Liefeld could have created something better.

Now that I've seen this, I can never un-see it, and that's enough to ruin what's left of my day.

Tomato

Lacks all the charm of the original Reverse Flash. 2, and that's being nice.

hoss20

If Marvel owned the Flash, this would be their "Dark Flash". He looks like he was created 20 years ago, when everybody had to have claws.

BentonGrey

1: On the plus side, it brings some variation to the standard 'way overdesigned' critique by also being awful in a number of other ways!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

This design just doesn't seem to make any sense for a Reverse Flash, but it might okay for a villain with rock powers of some kind. As it is it's some weird mishmash of rock and Flash parts.
I'm actually very curious about the New 52 Flash. I'd like to know what his deal is, should probably do some research.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Glitch Girl

Blarg.

That is all.

okay, that is NOT all... the more I look at it, the more it feels like Venom-Flash, like the sybiote is covering him or something.  This is NOT a good thing, especially for a character supposedly the "Reverse Flash".
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Tomato

Quote from: Podmark on October 24, 2014, 07:33:34 PM
This design just doesn't seem to make any sense for a Reverse Flash, but it might okay for a villain with rock powers of some kind. As it is it's some weird mishmash of rock and Flash parts.
I'm actually very curious about the New 52 Flash. I'd like to know what his deal is, should probably do some research.

He's Iris' brother, and frankly... he's just kinda lame in terms of backstory. He broke his father's back in a fight during his teenage years... and then when he gained superpowers he tried to steal the speed force to go back in time and correct his mistake... by killing his father before his teenage self could break his back. Yeah... compared to the FAR more interesting Hunter Zolomon and Eobard Thawne incarnations, he's just a really lame villain.

bat1987

Not familiar with this particular version. But the costume is awful, doesn't make sense really. 2

murs47

C'mon you guys, this is clearly just flash breaking out of an obsidian shell after getting covered in lava and letting it cool down, duh! So much ignorance here...