Community Forums > Film, Television, Video and Music Discussion

Marvel Movies

<< < (152/163) > >>

stumpy:
SS, regarding Thor's weapon summoning: Agreed and that's bothered me for a while. Obviously, it is more than just rude to have Thor's gear destroying walls and so on as it answers his call. These are often occupied areas. The odds that someone gets smooshed by a flying hammer or axe get pretty high after a while. Maybe the idea is that these weapons are smart enough to do some path planning around obstacles, which I would find totally believable and which I think I have seen in the comics. But, I don't recall ever being shown that in the MCU, and it would have been easy (and kind of cool) to have shown.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)BTW, I think the continuity issue with Cap can be resolved by applying the time-travel rules roughed out during the movie. As others have said, the Cap issue should have taken 30 seconds to explain. Really just old Cap saying, "I came back yesterday. I've been away for a long time."

And, I also agree that it would be beyond odd for Cap to have lived decades somewhere and sat out every major event, knowing he could have helped. Since the "other" Cap arguably would have been frozen in ice, it's not like it would have been that disruptive, at least until he left just as the "new" (original to that timeline) Cap showed up. I haven't read what the Russo brothers have said about it. And, I don't care. They had every opportunity to clarify what they thought happened in the movie. If it's not in there, then their version is no more official than any fan speculation based on what actually made the final cut. That said, there is still potential for extended scenes and director's cut versions, so I guess they do get another bite at the apple, if they care enough to take it.

kkhohoho:

--- Quote from: BentonGrey on May 06, 2019, 04:10:34 PM ---Yeah...I don't know how I feel about that.  It looks like fun, but that seems like rather a big departure if, as SS says, they're telling the truth.  Hmm.  Also:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Spider-Man having these connections to Fury/Happy, while thematically appropriate, sort of undermine the whole "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" thing.  It fits in their universe, but it isn't really all that fitting for the comic character, at least to me.  This isn't necessarily a problem, just a discordant note that I notice.
--- End quote ---

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Spidey hasn't really been a 'Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman' for a while now. He was a fulltime Avenger for over 10 years or so, and he was a millionaire for a few years too. I think they've tried to scale it back somewhat, but he's not that much of a smalltime hero anymore.

Tomato:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)That's fine, but his entire arc in Homecoming was about how he wanted to be a friendly neighborhood Superhero and catch street level baddies. He turned down the Avengers gig so he could stay where he was.

Admittedly, Sam Jackson's response is an appropriate criticism of that mentality, but still.

HarryTrotter:
Well,I saw Captain Marvel.It was...a thing.Nick Fury was the highpoint as everyone said.Oh and Skrulls are a metaphor for illegal immigration.In case you missed that.Im not sure how you could,but thats the whole point.

BentonGrey:
Ehh, I don't think it's nearly as hamfisted as all of that. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version