Marvel Movies

Started by JeyNyce, October 28, 2014, 06:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/28/marvel-confirms-movies-for-black-panther-captain-marvel-more?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

QuoteMarvel boss Kevin Feige is holding court at a big announcement event right now in Los Angeles, where he has already unveiled the dates and titles for a bunch of upcoming Marvel films. And they are amazing.

New titles to be confirmed include Black Panther, Captain Marvel (the Carol Danvers version), The Inhumans, and Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1 and Part 2.

Additionally, Cap 3 and Thor 3 both have new titles in Captain America: Civil War and Thor: Ragnarok, as well as confirmed release dates along with Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Check it out:

November 3, 2017...Black Panther.

July 6, 2018... Captain Marvel.

November 2, 2018... The Inhumans.

Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1: May 4, 2018

Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2: May 3, 2019

Captain America 3 is now Captain America: Civil War and arrives on May 6, 2016.

Doctor Strange is now confirmed and has a date at November 4, 2016.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will hit on May 5, 2017.

Thor 3 is now called Thor: Ragnarok and is scheduled for July 28, 2017.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Talavar

Black Panther and Captain Marvel!  Excellent, particularly that she's going to be Captain, rather than Miss!  Infinity War 2 parter! A lot of recent rumours were on the money.

Shogunn2517

Damn Jey.  You beat me to it.  But you forgot to add something.  I'll add it in the appropriate thread though.

BTW, I do have to say I am more partial to "Miss" and and do miss the days of either other Marvel's Captain Marvels, but to each her own.  It's neither here, nor there.

Figure Fan

I just can't even. I couldn't be more excited to go to the movies.

Shogunn2517

bat1987

Good stuff! Looking forward to pretty much everything announced but really curious on how they pull off Civil War.

Podmark

This is pretty exciting. Civil War and Infinity War are the highlights for me. I can't imagine a world where I don't see those in theatres.

Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doc Strange, and Inhumans are the question marks for me. I'm not huge on any of those characters so it will really depend how they handle the movies if I go to see them at the cinema. Still great to see Marvel expanding their universe.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

This is a very, very interesting list.  Some of this we've heard before, though now we have it confirmed.  I'm particularly curious about how the Inhumans movie might take shape.  Doctor Strange and Black Panther both have the potential to be really awesome.  I think the only one of these that doesn't really interest me is the Captain Marvel movie, if it really is Carol Danvers.  I've just never known or cared too much about her, and I rather wish it was the classic Captain Marvel, as I really like that character.  His story is one that would work particularly well as a movie, methinks.  Still, the fact that the worst thing I can say about this is that one of the movies announced doesn't completely thrill me is just absolutely incredible! 

I'm super excited about Infinity War!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

I was a kid of the 80's and Marvel movies then were...well * rubs elbow back and forth on desk *. Needless to say this era of superhero live-action is mind blowing.

BentonGrey

Urg.  This is the kind of thing I keep talking about:
http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-reasons-last-weeks-marvel-announcement-might-destroy-them/
I wonder if the morons at Cracked ever get tired of being proven wrong about the imminent collapse of the superhero "bubble."

Every new piece of news leads them to pontificate about how such and such is totally going to destroy the superhero movie genre.  Bah.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Talavar

I know what you mean, Benton.  Not only that, but I wouldn't even categorize all of Marvel's films as 'superhero' movies at this point.  Take Guardians of the Galaxy - what does it have in common with most superhero movies?  Almost nothing.  It's space opera, and it's awesome.  Diversity of genre (or subgenre) and quality are sure roads to staying popular.

lugaru

Well everyone knows that having comics come out on a regular basis, and having lots of them to choose from, are what killed comics. People hate having lots of fun escapist entertainment that they can rely on coming out regularly.  :doh:

I think that would be the sarcasm emote...

XStream

Meanwhile each superhero movie that comes out only grows in popularity... I don't believe these critics know what they are talking about.

This news is very exciting. The larger story is very intriguing. I can not wait for each and every one of these to come out.

I believe I am most excited about Captain Marvel. I know many would like to see Katee Sackhoff, but my preference is Yvonne Strahovski. Both would be an excellent Carol Danvers.

I am least excited about Inhumans, but Marvel has plenty of time to change my mind... They did with Guardians.
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

HarryTrotter

There are a lott of rumors,but still nothing official about Thunderbolts?I mean come on,everything else gott a movie...
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Tomato

In order to justify Thunderbolts, they have to have established the villains-turned-heroes as antagonists in other films, otherwise you lose a lot of what made thunderbolts interesting in the first place. Plus, part of the origins of the Thunderbolts are that they happened at a time where all the other heroes weren't around... meaning the world latched onto them in place of the missing heroes. Even if thunderbolts is in the cards (and I hope it is, because I love the original series) it'll be waaaaay down the line.

Podmark

I actually believe Marvel is prepping a Tbolts film for Phase 4. There are signs. Zemo is rumoured to be in Civil War. Crossbones has a multi-film deal. Andy Serkis is likely playing Klaw who does have a connection to Songbird. I wouldn't be shocked if Moonstone was the villain of Captain Marvel. Hawkeye could use a bigger role in a film. I think Thunderbolts is a very real possibility down the line.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

HarryTrotter

James Gunn did say he would like to do T-bolts movie,and Marvel did say they are going to consider it if GotG does good. And all heroes missing requirement isnt that hard to acomplish,possibly after Avengers 3?
P.S There is a lott of fan-casting around the internet,so here is the one I liked but is almost impossible now.
http://ifanboy.com/articles/comic-book-casting-the-thunderbolts-movie/
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

You probably know this by now,but Daniel Bruhl will be Baron Zemo.Nice...
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

I was browsing IMBD the other day,and I noticed 2 projects set for  next year,namely X-force and Punisher.So is that real?
Jon Farmer

Tomato

X-force is for sure, but I hadn't heard about a new Punisher film. But then, I don't like the Punisher in general, so I'm not exactly the most reliable source of information.

JeyNyce

I don't know if the Punisher can translate well into a movie and still have it's "thing".  A Punisher movie would be a basic shoot'em up type move.  I think it may be better as a series like DD on Netflix.

Talavar

A listing on IMDB is in no way an accurate source of news.  Now, these may turn out to be accurate, but just because it's on IMDB doesn't make it true.  They'll create entries entirely based on rumours.

HarryTrotter

^Thats kinda why Im sceptical about it.Probably not true.
Jon Farmer

bat1987

Ryan Reynolds' official Deadpool costume reveal
Spoiler

Best comic based movie costume? I think so. Also heard that they're gonna use CGI for his eyes so they could mimic what he does in the comics. 

JeyNyce

A Deadpool movie will have a lot of violence in it so what do you think it's going to be rated?  R? PG-13?  Also if they are going to use CGI for the eyes, then I'm expecting it's going to have humor in it too.  I hope he breaks the 4th wall in the movie too.

GhostMachine

If the Captain Marvel movie is anyone other than Mar-Vell or Carol Danvers, I'll be giving it a pass. And personally, I don't care for Carol's costume as Captain Marvel, so hopefully it will translate better to film....or be completely different.

Podmark

The Deadpool costume is perfect. I'm actually suspicious that Deadpool might end up being the most accurate Marvel movie.

GhostMachine, Captain Marvel will star Carol Danvers.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

So... I came across something in my constant toy searches that's... interesting. New images just hit the net of Tamashi Nation's SH Figuarts Avengers figures, along with a listing for the Iron Man "Mark 45." I initially dismissed this as being a typo (Most of the images are of the Mark 43, the main armor we've been seeing in the film) but there's one image in there... a comparison shot of the Mark 43 alongside another Iron Man armor I haven't seen before. If it's a comic based one that I just happened to overlooked that's fine, but the whole "Mark 45" thing makes me a bit suspicious.

Spoiler

catwhowalksbyhimself

I didn't know Figuarts did Western superheros.  Their models are gorgeous--I may have to check that out.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Tomato

They've been doing figures for the marvel films for awhile... They've just stuck to Iron Man armors for the most part