Marvel Movies

Started by JeyNyce, October 28, 2014, 06:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat1987

Ya, they did some Injustice stuff as well.

JeyNyce

ok guys, back to MARVEL MOVIES!!!   :D
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Tomato

Well, back to my original point, is that armor something from the comics (the last armor I saw him in was back post-AvX, which was the black/gold thing) or could it be the MCU's Mark 45 like the listing indicates? We saw Tony upgrade during Avengers 1, and it wouldn't be that great a stretch that the Mark 43 gets compromised somehow during the film and has to be replaced. If you figure Mark 44 is Hulkbuster, the 45 would logically be the next armor in line.

HarryTrotter

Any news on the X-force?Anything?
Oh,yeah Morena Baccarin will play Copycat in Deadpool.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Tomato

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUEkqZxLyrg

Ryan Reynolds addresses "PG13" rating for Deadpool.

JeyNyce

Now this whole Deadpool movie got me thinking.....

Do we really need Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.  He mostly wears a mask, so you're not going to see his face.  It could be anybody in a Deadpool suit.  When DP takes off his mask, his face is fubar, so you STILL won't be able to tell it's Reynolds, so why was it so important that he plays Deadpool??

Don't get me wrong, I like the actor and I liked him as DP in the Wolverine movie, but fanboys made it seems that they couldn't have a DP movie without Ryan Reynolds.

crimsonquill

Quote from: JeyNyce on April 02, 2015, 06:42:44 PM
Now this whole Deadpool movie got me thinking.....

Do we really need Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.  He mostly wears a mask, so you're not going to see his face.  It could be anybody in a Deadpool suit.  When DP takes off his mask, his face is fubar, so you STILL won't be able to tell it's Reynolds, so why was it so important that he plays Deadpool??

Don't get me wrong, I like the actor and I liked him as DP in the Wolverine movie, but fanboys made it seems that they couldn't have a DP movie without Ryan Reynolds.

Let me put it this way.. FOX wouldn't be doing a Deadpool without Ryan Reynolds rallying for the version fans wanted. FOX executives didn't care which actor played him or if it was the comic version or Barakapool (swords in the arms??!?!?!?!?!? SWORDS?!?!?) they just wanted the profits. After X-Men The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine fell on their faces without a leader behind their Marvel movies they were very done with the franchise. It took Matthew Vaugh, Bryan Singer, and Ryan Reynolds as a group to return to the FOX offices after most of the former executives were fired to try to reboot the franchise.

The Wolverine failed only because the ending of the movie didn't make sense and much of it was due to the ending being rewritten and the R rating it had being toned down to a PG-13 by the studio. Singer needed to find a way to clean the slate for future movies and prove that X-Men could work while bringing back old and new fans. Days Of Future Past was a success and now allowed Singer to push ahead with Apocalypse but it also opened the door for Ryan Reynolds to bring the fan created CGI concept to the studio (yes, the leaked one from Comic-Con) and show them just how out of the box his character would have been if done right.

Reynolds was a fan of Deadpool and he knew he spoke for the fans of the character because they got cheated out of it by studio executives who didn't understand the character at all (there was a studio note found that said "Reynolds isn't that funny, why don't you find a way to tape his mouth shut." which they actually did by letting Reynolds go and then filming the final battle with a stunt double. Barakapool was designed with no mouth so he couldn't talk so they could get away with not using Reynolds. They only got busted after a workprint was leaked which showed the horrible ending and FOX was forced to scrambled to do reshoots as damage control and even ask Reynolds to come back just to film the after credit scene to open the door for Deadpool still being alive). FOX couldn't really argue with comic accuracy after looking at Guardians Of The Galaxy (a raccoon and a tree as heroes) so they gave Reynolds the chance.

By the way Ryan Reynolds is a producer AND actor for this new Deadpool. Yup, He is the one who sat with the writers to do the script.. worked with the costume designers to make sure the costume was the comic version.. and even convinced the studio to make Deadpool the first R rated comic movie since BLADE and THE PUNISHER. Without Ryan behind it.. well, we would probably just only have Barakapool because FOX would have been very happy just letting X-Men Origins: Wolverine being his resting place forever.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

JeyNyce

I thank you kindly for that good sir!  Now that I know this, I hope the movie makes Spider-man money!

Tomato

Yeah, I give mad props to Ryan for sticking to his guns on this whole thing... it feels like he's been campaigning for this film for longer than Edgar Wright was attached to Antman. To give it to someone else would be a huge disservice to the dedication that man has to the character.

HarryTrotter

Avengers 2 apparently wont have a stinger at the end.
Jon Farmer

Talavar

Quote from: Spade on April 08, 2015, 05:10:25 PM
Avengers 2 apparently wont have a stinger at the end.

That's the word, though it will still have a mid-credits scene.

JeyNyce

So correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the end of phase 2, right?  The rest of the Marvel movies (Black Panther, Inhumans, Cap3, etc) will all be part of phase 3 until the next Avengers movie.

Talavar

Quote from: JeyNyce on April 09, 2015, 07:33:53 PM
So correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the end of phase 2, right?  The rest of the Marvel movies (Black Panther, Inhumans, Cap3, etc) will all be part of phase 3 until the next Avengers movie.

Ant-man is technically the end of phase 2, I believe, but given the relative stakes of Avengers 2 vs. Ant-man, I think it's safe to think of it as more of an epilogue or coda.

JeyNyce

New Ant-man trailer is out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdKf3MneyI

I think this is going to be pretty good, I least I hope it will be good.  It seems like they are going the route of Guardians and making it an action/ comedy type movie.

Outcast

Ant-man looks good to me. But then again, i don't think i'm all that picky when it comes to superhero movies.

There are a few inconsistencies that i seem to notice. Like did i hear it right? He gains super strength when he shrinks? I thought that kinda sounds like the Atom to me. Can't recall if Ant-man had super strength before.

And his enemy Darren Cross doesn't seem to be faithful to how he was in the comics. Here, he seems to be fighting Ant-man as Yellow Jacket.

And of course Hank Pym being portrayed as a very old man....

Well, then again it's the movies/hollywood. They don't always follow the comics. :P

Tomato

So much better than the last one. I can actually defend it again now.

JeyNyce

I believe it was when Ant-man shrinks that he keeps his same strength, speed, etc.  So if he could lift 100lbs when he's normal, he could lift 100lbs when he ant size.  Strength and speed proportion as a spid.....uh, ant 

Podmark

Much better trailer this time. I see potential...
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

thalaw2

The Conan trailer was hilarious!  :thumbup:
革命不会被电视转播

HarryTrotter

Spider-mans MCU movie will not be an origin story,since well, everyone knows the story already.
Jon Farmer

spydermann93

Quote from: Spade on April 21, 2015, 05:19:19 AM
Spider-mans MCU movie will not be an origin story,since well, everyone knows the story already.

Wait, Spider-Man? Who's that?

HarryTrotter

Quote from: spydermann93 on April 21, 2015, 05:27:53 AM

Said no one ever!  :thumbup:
Jon Farmer

XStream

Quote from: spydermann93 on April 21, 2015, 05:27:53 AM

You made me blow a booger on my macbook screen...
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

BentonGrey

Haha, how perfectly 80s.  Jubilee looks great.  Jean is obviously not as distinctive in non-costumed appearance, so I don't have much to say about her, though I wonder how old the actress is.  She seems a bit young.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Talavar

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 05, 2015, 08:06:46 PM
Haha, how perfectly 80s.  Jubilee looks great.  Jean is obviously not as distinctive in non-costumed appearance, so I don't have much to say about her, though I wonder how old the actress is.  She seems a bit young.

That's Sophie Turner from Game of Thrones, age 19.

BentonGrey

Hmm, I suppose the X-Men were originally supposed to be teenagers, after all.  I guess I'm just used to thinking of them as a bit older.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

HarryTrotter

Apocalypse will show both Havok and Cyclops on screen,together.And they are brothers,since apparently Wolverine: Origins isnt in continuity with the new movies.Havok is older here.
Jon Farmer

Shogunn2517

Did anyone catch this?

Spoiler
http://nukethefridge.com/2014/12/07/thanos-josh-brolin-booked-marvel-2016-2017/

Apparently Josh Broilin will be working in 2016 and 2017?  Does this mean he'll be voicing Thanos in Doctor Strange or Thor 3?  Is he a certain bet for GotG2?  Is it certain he won't be in CA:CW?  I mean I'm sure we could have expected his inclusion prior to Infinity War, but this gives us an idea where.   

HarryTrotter

A bad picture of Storm and Apocalypse.They look okay,IMO.
Magneto: Who the Fu** are you?
Apocalypse: Come and see!
Haha,biblical reference.By Apocalypse,not by Magneto.  :unsure:

Deadpools trailer was...odd?I cant really find a word.
Jon Farmer