Marvel Movies

Started by JeyNyce, October 28, 2014, 06:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

Yea, it looks awesome, but can she act?
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Talavar

Quote from: Shogunn2517 on August 16, 2015, 02:43:29 AM
So this was pretty awesome:

https://instagram.com/p/6aSI2yBEWk/

I like Ronda Rousey, I think she's a great UFC fighter, and I absolutely do not want her as Captain Marvel.  This is similar to all those fan WWE castings, like people wanting Triple H for Thor a few years ago, and it's not a good idea.  She's been in a couple of movies, sure, but she's not an actor.  The fan art is cool though.

HarryTrotter

Well,phase 3 doesnt look that impresive.No offense to people who like it.I hear Blade and Runaways are in the work for phase 4.Thou we have over 5 years till that.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Tomato

This is based on...? Because Dr Strange looks ok, Civil War looks really good, and nothing else is far enough along to say that.

HarryTrotter

Quote from: Tomato on August 18, 2015, 05:51:08 AM
This is based on...? Because Dr Strange looks ok, Civil War looks really good, and nothing else is far enough along to say that.

My personal taste?Okay and Impressive  are very different things.
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

There's really nothing concrete to base phase 3 on.  All we have is a list of movies, which can change at any time, and a lot of hype and pics about Civil War.  You can't tell if phase 3 is going to be good or not just by those things.  I think the best thing to do is to hold judgement until Marvel gives out more information. 

thalaw2

My vote for Rowdy Ronda as Ms. Marvel!  My only problem is that Carol is so strong that you won't be able to see much of the hand to hand fighting that makes Ronda so dangerous.
革命不会被电视转播

HarryTrotter

^not gonna happen.So not gonna happen.
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

Quote from: thalaw2 on August 18, 2015, 01:33:18 PM
My vote for Rowdy Ronda as Ms. Marvel!  My only problem is that Carol is so strong that you won't be able to see much of the hand to hand fighting that makes Ronda so dangerous.

Found this:
http://www.people.com/article/ronda-rousey-captain-marvel-superheroes-movie-role

I think she would better as Black Carney or the new Thor.  At least as BC she can show off her skills.  I still want to see Gina Carano play a Super hero

thalaw2

Quote from: JeyNyce on August 18, 2015, 01:50:12 PM
Quote from: thalaw2 on August 18, 2015, 01:33:18 PM

Found this:
http://www.people.com/article/ronda-rousey-captain-marvel-superheroes-movie-role

I think she would better as Black Carney or the new Thor.  At least as BC she can show off her skills.  I still want to see Gina Carano play a Super hero

BC is DC so maybe Ronda would make a good Mocking Bird.  I loves me some Mocking Bird.
革命不会被电视转播

HarryTrotter

I think Mocking Bird already debuted,so thats not gonna happen either.
Jon Farmer

Talavar

Please, no athletes as major characters, unless they show they can actually act somewhere first.

JeyNyce

I know BC is DC, she should keep her options open.

HarryTrotter

Is anyone else a bit tired of seeing teenage Spider-man in every adaptation?  :unsure:
Why cant we ever get an adult Peter who works as a school teacher?(Please refrain from pointing out how that ended.Thank you)
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

Quote from: Spade on August 18, 2015, 03:26:12 PM
Is anyone else a bit tired of seeing teenage Spider-man in every adaptation?  :unsure:
Why cant we ever get an adult Peter who works as a school teacher?(Please refrain from pointing out how that ended.Thank you)

Because you would have to re-tell the whole story of how he became Spidey and then explained why he was never mention before during all the other Marvel movies.  Also I think they want Spidey to be the rookie of the MCU.  Back in the day, other heroes always seen him as a kid and I guess they want to project that in to the MCU.  I would like to see Spidey grown up and holding his own with Cap and Tony, but it will take a while for the movie to catch up with the comics.

HarryTrotter

Thats what I was thinking.But yeah,there was never any hope,really.
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Spade, I think you missed the point of my question... everyone else was talking about a *fake* picture of a wrestler dressed as Captain Marvel, when suddenly "Yeah, it looks like Phase 3 is gonna be bad." There was no context for the statement, no reason behind it, nothing. In the context of the conversation, it appeared as though you were saying it was gonna suck because of the Captain Marvel thing, which was, again, fake. Since I was pretty sure that wasn't the case, I asked for clarification, because it's entirely possible you were basing that statement on something you had just heard from another website and I was curious what that could be.

The simple fact is, we're WAAAAAAY too early in the game to blow off all of phase 3 based on what we know. Phase 2 had IM3 and Thor 2 as its first outings, and neither was terribly impressive... especially not when compared to CA2, GotG, Avengers 2, or Ant-Man. We don't even have an actress for Captain Marvel yet, let alone any knowledge of how those films are gonna work.

That said... while I understand how everyone is burnt out on Spider-man, I feel like shaming Marvel for it isn't really fair. They can't really tell Sony to stop making Spiderman films on their own, since Sony has a completely separate set of studios and directors to work with that one character. Marvel, on the other hand, is trying to juggle 20+ main characters in one studio, and is doing a lot of movies with ensemble casts as a result. Even with that, we've got Jessica Jones well into production, Captain Marvel is coming 2018, etc.

HarryTrotter

Really,that again.From the top.
From what I have seen about the movies in P3 Im not impressed.You know,Im not really that excited about it.Nothing cathes my fancy as of now.
I said I would like to see ADULT Spider-man in any adaptation.And thats all.No context.I would like to see Peter Parker as an adult in a movie or an animated show.But like I said chances are very slim at best.
Jon Farmer

Talavar

Quote from: Tomato on August 18, 2015, 04:32:57 PM
Spade, I think you missed the point of my question... everyone else was talking about a *fake* picture of a wrestler dressed as Captain Marvel, when suddenly "Yeah, it looks like Phase 3 is gonna be bad." There was no context for the statement, no reason behind it, nothing. In the context of the conversation, it appeared as though you were saying it was gonna suck because of the Captain Marvel thing, which was, again, fake. Since I was pretty sure that wasn't the case, I asked for clarification, because it's entirely possible you were basing that statement on something you had just heard from another website and I was curious what that could be.

The simple fact is, we're WAAAAAAY too early in the game to blow off all of phase 3 based on what we know. Phase 2 had IM3 and Thor 2 as its first outings, and neither was terribly impressive... especially not when compared to CA2, GotG, Avengers 2, or Ant-Man. We don't even have an actress for Captain Marvel yet, let alone any knowledge of how those films are gonna work.

That said... while I understand how everyone is burnt out on Spider-man, I feel like shaming Marvel for it isn't really fair. They can't really tell Sony to stop making Spiderman films on their own, since Sony has a completely separate set of studios and directors to work with that one character. Marvel, on the other hand, is trying to juggle 20+ main characters in one studio, and is doing a lot of movies with ensemble casts as a result. Even with that, we've got Jessica Jones well into production, Captain Marvel is coming 2018, etc.

He hasn't been impressed with any of the MCU.  Why be surprised when someone who doesn't like seafood complains about the fish?  Someone who's more excited about more Blade movies over Black Panther or Captain Marvel clearly cannot be trusted  :P

HarryTrotter

You didnt read my response,did you?Why the hell do I bother with you people?Your bullies who gang up on everyone who doesnt like the same things like you.
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Spade, calm down. I apologize for assuming your comment meant more than it did. I thought that there's no reason you would randomly post a comment dismissing an entire slew of movies in the middle of a conversation that other people were having for no apparent reason, because surely you realize that that's rude. I apologize for thinking that maybe, just maybe, the reason you'd posted had been because of some news no one else had posted yet... and that I was admittedly curious what that could be, especially since the D25 expo was happening and there was news from that.

The fact is, we ALL know your opinion about the Marvel movies. And in and of itself, that's fine. You don't have to like the marvel movies, and you're not wrong to point out the problems in them. But when you make random posts in the middle of conversations JUST to reiterate that you hate what people are discussing... that's rude. You pulled this same nonsense in the Agents of Shield thread, where everyone else was talking about the latter half of the season and all the new developments, and you posted just to say it was stupid based on the 3 episodes you watched. If there's something NEW that you want to express your opinion on, that's all well and good, but randomly posting a negative opinion that has nothing to do with the topic people are discussing is rude, and it's not appreciated.

If you want to complain about the concept art coming out on Dr. Strange, or the fact that CA3 is now doing re-shoots to add more Spiderman, or something that's relevant... yeah, that's a proper point of discussion. But please, for all our sanity, be mindful of proper social etiquette when you post.

Now then, back onto actual news about actual things that happened, a trailer came out of D25 for CA3 (apparently everyone had to put their phones in bags during the whole thing, so no leaked versions as yet) and there's been some Dr. Strange concept art floating around. I'll be honest, I'm not sure about the streaks of gray on Cumberbatch in the concept art... It's something they tried to do for Reed Richards in the previous set of F4 movies, and it looked silly there too.

That said, in more recent news, there's apparently a good reason Hope will not be appearing as Wasp in Civil War... apparently her actress was late into her pregnancy during principle photography. She has, however, been scanned for her superhero costume, so it's a good bet she'll be appearing soon enough.

BWPS

Quote from: Spade on August 18, 2015, 06:32:17 PM
You didnt read my response,did you?Why the hell do I bother with you people?Your bullies who gang up on everyone who doesnt like the same things like you.

That definitely applies to me. I can't believe you don't like the MCU and I consider you inferior because of it which in turn makes me feel better about myself. Textbook bullying mentality.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

HarryTrotter

There are rumors about Fury MAX movie in the works.
I guess we could either see Nick Fury Sr. or they will move the timeline to ...ehm... newer events. I only mention that because its highly unlikely that current Nick Fury is old enough to have fought in WW2.
Jon Farmer

Talavar

There's also been a lot of talk about a potential new Blade project, one based on a similar premise to the upcoming comic, where he has a daughter who's a vampire slayer as well.  A lot of sites have reported it as a potential movie, (which I'm curious about, given Marvel's very full slate for the next few years) but it could also be a future tv show.

HarryTrotter

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/marvel-abc-comedy-tv-series-damage-control-1201608690/
Damage Control will be Marvels new TV show.What an interesting concept. :|
New Wolverine movie might actually be an X-23 movie according to some rumors.Yey?
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

A Damage Control movie would be funny.  It can take place right after the first Avengers movie.

JeyNyce

More news from Marvel;

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/08/marvel-announces-three-new-movies-in-2020/

The only bad thing is that they keep pushing back Black Panther and the other Marvel movies.  Yes, there is now a phase 4 of the MCU

Talavar

Quote from: JeyNyce on October 08, 2015, 04:33:28 PM
More news from Marvel;

The only bad thing is that they keep pushing back Black Panther and the other Marvel movies.  Yes, there is now a phase 4 of the MCU

Actually, Black Panther is getting pushed forward - it's coming out sooner now, with a February release.  I'm sad about Captain Marvel, which is now getting pushed back for the second time, but I enjoyed Ant-man, and look forward to Ant-man and the Wasp.

Shogunn2517

Quote from: Talavar on October 08, 2015, 11:14:53 PM
Quote from: JeyNyce on October 08, 2015, 04:33:28 PM
More news from Marvel;

Actually, Black Panther is getting pushed forward - it's coming out sooner now, with a February release.  I'm sad about Captain Marvel, which is now getting pushed back for the second time, but I enjoyed Ant-man, and look forward to Ant-man and the Wasp.

On one hand, the one movie with a female lead they had is getting pushed back.  On the other, another movie comes with a female in the title but not top billing.

JeyNyce

This brings me back to what I was saying before; I don't think Marvel have a set story in mind for their MCU.  I think they had one in the past, but since their movies are becoming popular, they are going to expand on it.  This must be hard for the writers.