Marvel Movies

Started by JeyNyce, October 28, 2014, 06:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryTrotter

Maybe something Dark Reign related?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

There's now a rumor the Inhuman's movie may be canceled, due to heavy use of Inhumans in Agents of SHIELD, plus the fact that the TV and movie series are now controlled by completely different people.  When the shift in control of the movie universe around, they neglected to do so for the TV properties, so there is no longer any coordinating control between the two, although they are still trying to be consistent.  With that being the case, both doing the same subject matter is going to be nearly impossible to keep consistent.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

Take this with a grain of salt, but if this is true, I'm excited for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqKJSGzEaLs&feature=em-uploademail

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Talavar

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on October 10, 2015, 04:03:37 AM
There's now a rumor the Inhuman's movie may be canceled, due to heavy use of Inhumans in Agents of SHIELD, plus the fact that the TV and movie series are now controlled by completely different people.  When the shift in control of the movie universe around, they neglected to do so for the TV properties, so there is no longer any coordinating control between the two, although they are still trying to be consistent.  With that being the case, both doing the same subject matter is going to be nearly impossible to keep consistent.

Whether or not this ends up being true, it's being denied at the moment.

crimsonquill

It's more or less of Marvel Studios waiting to see how this season of Agents Of SHIELD goes with their full introduction. Since Marvel Studios is pushing for making Inhumans the cinemaverse "mutants" (thanks Fox for making that word taboo) er.. Enhanced then it's really hard to see how even the Royal Family should be handled if something goes south with how fans handle more Inhuman background details within the context of the show. It's NOT canceled or put on indefinite hold just more of keeping it's date locked so enough time can be allowed to expand on the cast or try something different with the movie versions.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

catwhowalksbyhimself

After some rumors, it has more or less been confirmed that Hulk will show up in Thor 3.  It's not as good as a new Hulk film, but it will do for now.

http://screenrant.com/thor-3-mark-ruffalo-hulk-cast/

HarryTrotter

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=19l2Qqf9Evs
Another paint by numbers movie with a disposable villain.Only its sometimes funny.Tiny Iron Man as HT puts it.
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

Quote from: Spade on December 11, 2015, 06:51:30 AM
Another paint by numbers movie with a disposable villain.Only its sometimes funny.Tiny Iron Man as HT puts it.

It's all true, but I still like the movie anyway.... :)

HarryTrotter

Quote from: JeyNyce on December 11, 2015, 11:53:10 AM
Quote from: Spade on December 11, 2015, 06:51:30 AM

It's all true, but I still like the movie anyway.... :)
That is the strange part.It works for some reason.But really something has to be done about the villains.Bryan Cranston said he wanted to play a villain in MCU,so I guess there is some hope.
Jon Farmer

BWPS

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on October 16, 2015, 09:38:45 AM
After some rumors, it has more or less been confirmed that Hulk will show up in Thor 3.  It's not as good as a new Hulk film, but it will do for now.

http://screenrant.com/thor-3-mark-ruffalo-hulk-cast/

I think it's better than a solo Hulk movie, these characters together are often greater than the sum of their parts. I can't wait.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

JeyNyce

I can understand why people may want a solo Hulk movie, but do we really need one?  What would the story be about?  I figure that the next Thor movie would explain what happen to Hulk after Age of Ultron.  What I really would like to see is a Black Widow/ Hawkeye movie.  A movie that would go into their past and how they met.  Something like that.

HarryTrotter

Quote from: JeyNyce on December 11, 2015, 03:03:18 PM
I can understand why people may want a solo Hulk movie, but do we really need one?  What would the story be about?  I figure that the next Thor movie would explain what happen to Hulk after Age of Ultron.  What I really would like to see is a Black Widow/ Hawkeye movie.  A movie that would go into their past and how they met.  Something like that.
Solo Hulk movie wont happen because-legal issues.
It would be Planet Hulk.Why is that a discussion?  :)
Jon Farmer

BentonGrey

I would be all kinds of on board for a Hawkeye/Blackwidow team-up movie!  I've been saying since the beginning that they needed to do that, and I think it would be awesome. 

A solo Hulk movie could certainly be good, but you'd just need the right story.  It doesn't write itself like some of these others.

And yes, Ant-Man is still quite awesome despite its problems, and Darren Cross was at least a little bit interesting.  Still, they do need to bring in some better villains, which is sort of crazy, because Marvel has pretty much all the best villains that aren't in Batman's rogue's gallery or named Darkseid.  If they had given us an actual Mandarin or given Maleketh some more screen time and development, they could have countered that trend, as both of them are good characters.  I'd love to see them dig into their villains a bit more.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

HarryTrotter

Legal issues,again,keep us from a number of villains.And those we have are one dimensional.
From big names I would like to see Kang.Or Mephisto(maybe that Spider-man movie has it covered).Well thats pretty much it from the Marvel Studios owned characters.
Wait,Mephisto was actually introduced as an enemy of Silver Surfer,so Im not sure Marvel owns him.Kang,just Kand.
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

I'm not sure how they would do it, but I would like to see the Wrecking Crew and Titania, which would a cool way to introduce She-Hulk into the MCU

JeyNyce

Has anybody seen the winter final of Agents of SHIELD?  It seems like they are getting into magic and mystic stuff.  Could this be a setup to get the MCU ready for Doctor Strange?

HarryTrotter

Tv shows and Movies cant actually crossover because of an internal feud in Marvel.Feige and Perlmutter have issues.That really kill any intention I had about watching the Tv shows.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

I'd love to see the Avengers go up against Kang in a movie. However I remember reading that Fox has the movie rights to Kang because of his ties to the Fantastic Four.  :(
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

BentonGrey

Bah, they had gotten past this nonsense with Marvel Studios, and now they're miring themselves in legal issues again. 

Obviously, the other studio-owned characters were already a problem, but come on, Marvel.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

HarryTrotter

Quote from: Silver Shocker on December 11, 2015, 10:38:51 PM
I'd love to see the Avengers go up against Kang in a movie. However I remember reading that Fox has the movie rights to Kang because of his ties to the Fantastic Four.  :(
Fox owns all the cool villains.Maybe,just maybe,if they made a deal about sharing characters like with Quicksilver.
Otherwise,after Thanos,Avengers will be fighting Egghead.I guess there is still Super-Adaptoid,but that wouldnt be much of movie either.
Jon Farmer

Talavar

Quote from: Spade on December 11, 2015, 06:03:21 PM
Tv shows and Movies cant actually crossover because of an internal feud in Marvel.Feige and Perlmutter have issues.That really kill any intention I had about watching the Tv shows.

Rumours only.  The biggest obstacle to Marvel's movies and TV crossing over is one of scheduling logistics.  Network shows film for months at a time with a hiatus, while the Netflix shows and movies film in intensive blocks of time, with reshoots scheduled later for the movies.  Any serious plot crossover, like the first season of Agents of Shield, needs significant planning, and lead to most of the first season being boring due to pattern holding.  Everything interesting had to be held to the release of the Winter Soldier.  The movie actors are contracted for set numbers of films, but TV isn't largely mentioned, so appearances on shows need to be negotiated specifically, and timed to be when the actor is both available, and not filming for a movie.

There have been some crossovers: Nick Fury, Maria Hill and Sif have all been on Agents of Shield, as well as the shadowy council leader from Avengers this season; some plot events on Agents of Shield led up to Avengers 2, and obviously Agent Carter and Howard Stark have been on Agent Carter, along with Dum-Dum Dugan.  Luke Cage was on Jessica Jones, as well as Rosario Dawson's character from Daredevil.  But I wouldn't hold my breath for Tony Stark or Captain America to show up on any of them.  The actors aren't under contract to appear in TV series, they would cost an awful lot for little gain, and they're busy.  From Robert Downey Jr's perspective, what reason would he have to appear on a middling to low-rated ABC drama?

HarryTrotter

Still wouldnt expect Defenders in any movie.Marvel really needs to invest more into TV if they hope to go against DC.I mean Damage Control?Really?30 minutes comedy?
Jon Farmer

BentonGrey

I don't know, Spade, Daredevil all by its lonesome beats all of DC's offerings hollow.
God Bless

HarryTrotter

Quote from: BentonGrey on December 13, 2015, 04:37:25 PM
I don't know, Spade, Daredevil all by its lonesome beats all of DC's offerings hollow.
I would argue that Flash is the best superhero show on TV now,but thats not the point here.Point was that Marvel should invest more(in every sense) into TV department.Come on,Damage Control?
Just saying that I would like to see something bigger on TV by Marvel.Like Secret Avengers or Thunderbolts or Superior Foes.I know its not gonna happen,those are just examples.
Jon Farmer

Talavar

Agreed.

Quote from: Spade on December 13, 2015, 05:10:18 PM
I would argue that Flash is the best superhero show on TV now,but thats not the point here.Point was that Marvel should invest more(in every sense) into TV department.Come on,Damage Control?
Just saying that I would like to see something bigger on TV by Marvel.Like Secret Avengers or Thunderbolts or Superior Foes.I know its not gonna happen,those are just examples.

What's your hang-up about a proposed Damage Control show?  We've already got, or are getting, Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and their version of the Defenders.  So they're trying something with a different take on superheroes - it's not like there's a shortage of standard ones.

HarryTrotter

You know,just saying I would like something bigger.All of those are a bit low key.
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Spade on December 13, 2015, 06:19:09 PM
You know,just saying I would like something bigger.All of those are a bit low key.

In other words, they are all doable on a TV budget.  Plus anything really big will be reserved for the movies, since that's where the real money is to be made.

Big stuff for movies, small stuff for TV.  That's how it is and how it is going to be.

JeyNyce

The Incredible Hulk came on today and I was wonder: How come they never follow up on the story?  It seems like the only thing they pulled from that movie was General Ross.  They mention the abomination 1 time in another movie, but you don't what happen to Betty or the guy who we all knew that was going to become the Leader, none of it.  Was it because the movie wasn't a big hit or the whole thing with Ed Norton and Marvel?

crimsonquill

Quote from: JeyNyce on December 13, 2015, 08:01:52 PM
The Incredible Hulk came on today and I was wonder: How come they never follow up on the story?  It seems like the only thing they pulled from that movie was General Ross.  They mention the abomination 1 time in another movie, but you don't what happen to Betty or the guy who we all knew that was going to become the Leader, none of it.  Was it because the movie wasn't a big hit or the whole thing with Ed Norton and Marvel?

The huge part of the problem is with Universal owning the distribution rights with solo Hulk movies which means they have say on how it's promoted and released (plus they some some of the profits in the deal). All of the plot points with Incredible Hulk were put on the back burner after Ruffalo's HULK took off big time in the Avengers films. Joss Whedon and Kevin Feige agreed that Hulk worked so much better as part of the Science Brothers (Banner and Stark) and the love/hate relationship that Hulk and Thor had with each other. They removed Hulk from Captain America: Civil War because he was too powerful (Banner has a cameo but probably just with General Ross) and they had plans with Thor in his third movie dealing with Loki and the Ragnarok storyline so they decided to adjust the storyline to make it a Hulk/Thor team up. Feige has said that he loved the idea of doing a Planet Hulk storyline but it just didn't make sense in the cinematic universe at this time but maybe they could have Banner join Thor on his quest to understand the Infinity Stones and maybe it might lead them into finding his World Breakers to help with Thanos.

The Leader, Abomination, and Betty Ross most likely will get to appear in Avengers Infinity War or somewhere in the Phase 4 films (Universal's distribution rights end in several years so they just might be waiting until they expire to do his next solo film).

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."