Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Celebrate Freedom!

Author Topic: Marvel Movies  (Read 23034 times)

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
Re: Marvel Movies
« Reply #630 on: May 02, 2018, 12:20:45 AM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out my DC voicepacks at my yahoo group.
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey/
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/bentongrey2

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
  • May the Porg be with you.
« Reply #631 on: May 02, 2018, 12:52:36 PM »
Returning to something from earlier:

Shogunn:

In general:

« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 01:35:00 PM by Silver Shocker »
"If you put out a story that needs supplementary reading in order for it to be coherent, then's it's a BAD story! If you thought it was that important, you shoulda put it in the actual damn comic!"
~Linkara, Atop the Fourth Wall Final Crisis review

Offline crimsonquill

• Sound Master
  • One Voice To Rule Them All
    • CrimsonQuill Productions
« Reply #632 on: May 02, 2018, 04:22:36 PM »
Another thing branching off about the theory of the Avengers team collected in Avengers 4...

Plus a group of YouTubers I follow decided to do a deep dive in speculation also had these theories..

So much speculating will be done over the next year and each film to come next.. Antman 2 and Captain Marvel will add more teases to fuel the fire.

- CQ
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:41:22 PM by crimsonquill »
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
« Reply #633 on: May 02, 2018, 05:13:25 PM »
Quill nice finds!

"If you put out a story that needs supplementary reading in order for it to be coherent, then's it's a BAD story! If you thought it was that important, you shoulda put it in the actual damn comic!"

Offline Shogunn2517

• He's Got Your Hero Right Here
« Reply #634 on: May 03, 2018, 02:06:53 AM »

In general:

Not sure if anyone's watching but I think all I've seen so far was to the effect "Hey you heard about what's going on in New York?  Pretty wild, right?"

And the reason that's not in spoiler tags because I think Agents of SHIELD was avoiding spoilers with such a vague reference too.  Like what's going on in New York?  They found Luke Cage?  Jessica Jones outed herself with powers?  Think it was purposely vague.  But I gotta imagine there's more to MAOS because they've always tied in the movies SOMEHOW like revealing it was Coulson who got Fury the Helicarriers in Age of Ultron or Asgardians showing up after Thor and of course the big Hydra reveal from Winter Soldier.  No way that can just let this go.

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
« Reply #635 on: May 03, 2018, 05:19:33 AM »
Oh sure. "Heard what's going on in New York? Pretty Wild, right" could refer to "A big honking spaceship showed up" which you can clearly see in the trailers.

Yeah, those Shield tie-ins were great. I was a little let down by the Civil War One, and the Doctor Strange one was pretty underwhelming as a tie-in IMO.

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #636 on: May 03, 2018, 05:29:07 PM »
What was the Dr. Strange one?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Offline catwhowalksbyhimself

• Lord of Procrastination
    • Freedom Force Forever
« Reply #637 on: May 03, 2018, 10:15:55 PM »
What was the Dr. Strange one?

None.  Dr. Strange happened behind the scenes, so nobody much even knew it was happening.  There was a vague thematic tie in with Ghost Rider and a magic book, but that was about it.

My guess is that Thanos will be involved with the alien alliance, possibly just chasing it away, but possible it's part of his forces all along and he invades when their quieter takeover fails.  I predict the season will end where Infinity War begins.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
« Reply #638 on: May 04, 2018, 12:28:10 AM »
That shadow dimension they went to was apparently considered a Dr. Strange tie-in, which I thought was a stretch.

Offline crimsonquill

• Sound Master
  • One Voice To Rule Them All
    • CrimsonQuill Productions
« Reply #639 on: May 04, 2018, 05:17:47 AM »
AOS's Doctor Strange connection was mostly just the Darkholme being the missing book from Wong's library (it's very clearly framed in a shot that a book was missing and the chains were broken) and Ghost Rider having learned to use his chain like a slingring to create portals. Robbie also mentions that he got involved with huge conflict where he spent years outside of time (the mirror dimension?) learning how to control the supernatural powers that Rider gives him without letting the demon control him fully. Could this be a seed of his own spin-off show? Or a cameo in the next Doctor Strange (who better then to teach Robbie and maybe we get an appearance of Johnny Blaze and/or Blade as other soldiers).

The shadow dimension is connected to the Darkholme because it deals with Death Magic and how to weave spells between life and death (which I assume that AIDA used to build her body and other more advanced LMDs). It's a book that would be very very dangerous if it got into the hands of Mordo.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Offline HarryTrotter

« Reply #640 on: May 04, 2018, 12:23:19 PM »
Random thought,could we ever see Starfox in the MCU?
Probably not,since Dan Slott made him unusable.Not that it matters actually,since most of the audience never ever heard of him.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
« Reply #641 on: May 04, 2018, 01:49:01 PM »
To be fair, there's a lot of characters that most of the audience never heard of. That's a big part of the reason why Guardians was considered such an oddball wild card choice prior to release. They were a very niche property and now they're beloved movie characters that people expect to see appear in subsequent installments. I wouldn't be surprised if someone out there said about Infinity War "I'll watch it for the Guardians".

Now Starfox would have to be reworked from the ground up, but so were Yondu and Mantis (and Ego, kinda) , so it's really not outside the realm of possibility.

Offline kkhohoho

• Evil (but a hero) Santa Claus look-a-like
  • "He sees you when you're sleeping...
    • The Golden Age: Not Your Ordinary Fanfic
« Reply #642 on: May 04, 2018, 03:12:10 PM »
Random thought,could we ever see Starfox in the MCU?
Probably not,since Dan Slott made him unusable.Not that it matters actually,since most of the audience never ever heard of him.

What the heck did Slott do to Starfox?
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

Offline HarryTrotter

« Reply #643 on: May 04, 2018, 04:12:28 PM »
In Slotts She-Hulk,several women sue Starfox because he,possibly,used his euphoria powers to date defile them.
Its never proven,but it kinda leaves a big Henry-Pym-sized mark on the character.
Jon Farmer

Offline Tomato

• The Original AA
  • Titans
  • Hufflepuff Pride
    • Hero Force
« Reply #644 on: May 05, 2018, 01:31:24 AM »
I don't think Starfox would have been likely regardless, if for no other reason then he's a white dude whose brother is a giant purple alien. Yes, I know Thanos is supposed to be a freak of nature and it's part of his backstory, but it's something they'd have to waste time explaining and the film barely had time for the content it had.

I'd have been cool with Eros being a purple alien with stupid hair showing up for a flashback to Thanos' past though. Nod and wink and all that.

Offline HarryTrotter

« Reply #645 on: May 05, 2018, 05:07:14 AM »
Yes,thats the part that really strains the suspension of disbelief.
Jon Farmer

Offline Tomato

• The Original AA
  • Titans
  • Hufflepuff Pride
    • Hero Force
« Reply #646 on: May 05, 2018, 10:41:22 AM »
As much as I appreciate the sarcasm, I'm being serious. It's the same reason Drax went from "Zombie human brought back to kill Thanos by Thanos' cosmic entity grandpa" to "alien with a funny speech quirk." There's aliens all over the place in the GotG, the fact that there's a big Hulk looking purple dude doesn't even have to be mentioned, they can just show him in space and people unfamiliar with the comics will take him as just another type of alien.

Showing his white, human looking brother would raise questions, which the filmmakers can either not answer (in which case why include Eros and Thanos' race at all, since all they'll do is confuse audience members), give the explanation from the comics (which takes time away from the rest of the film as I said) or make him and the rest of Thanos' race "normal looking" purple dudes in contrast to Thanos' hulking appearance. The last option leaves no questions for audience members other then "who is that dude with the red hair?", leaves things open for Thanos to still be a freak due to his size, and even allows for a white Eros in later films, if the filmmakers choose, by having his appearance be somewhat tied to his powerset.

Offline HarryTrotter

« Reply #647 on: May 05, 2018, 01:19:44 PM »
Wait,aliens are belivable,but a white guy isnt?This a new level,even for you. :D
Jon Farmer

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #648 on: May 05, 2018, 07:23:03 PM »
Consistency with the world established is what matters, and what differs from that gives an audience pause.
God Bless

Offline daglob

• Shape-Shifting Silly-Putty Android
  • Da Glob
« Reply #649 on: May 05, 2018, 10:38:51 PM »
Seems like I remember a point where Starfox and Mentor were purple.

Offline BWPS

• Poke!
  • Poke!
« Reply #650 on: May 15, 2018, 06:33:25 PM »
Consistency with the world established is what matters, and what differs from that gives an audience pause.

While I agree with that 100%, I think it's a matter of finding a way to make whatever you want to put in work for your world. MCU has added aliens and magic and completely different tones i'n their movies and it has always worked, even if a couple of the movies were below par. No offense to anyone here, but I remember a time when we were talking about Galactus and people said an audience couldn't suspend disbelief for a giant planet eating humanoid. But the MCU (who of course was not responsible for any of the horrible F4 movies) has taken us so far in so many wild directions and I've never once not been along for the ride. Good storytelling and filmmaking can and should break any "rule".

Infinity War was amazing, I won't say it's the best one, but it's definitely the biggest and most ambitious movie I've ever seen and while it was a rollercoaster of emotions, I never felt detached.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
« Reply #651 on: May 16, 2018, 06:29:27 PM »
So I watched Black Panther this week. Ever since it came out in theaters, I had a niggling worry it wouldn't live up to the massive amount of hype. Well, I don't know if it lived up to all of the hype, but it was really good. I didn't really dislike any of it and I was entertained and locked into the story for the full length of it.