News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sonic The Hegehog(Request)

Started by sonicmancool, October 29, 2014, 11:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonicmancool

Hello all!

I am a new user of this website, and very recently signed up. (As you can tell by my name) I am a Huge sonic fan, (Which sounds stupid I know.) I know that freedom force is a very old game, but I'm wondering if someone could make a sonic mod for me, just because I am a newbie at making mods and meshes for freedom force.
If you don't know who sonic is, he looks like this:
http://info.sonicretro.org/images/thumb/9/98/Ozkurt_Sonic.jpg/583px-Ozkurt_Sonic.jpg

(I just searched this up on google real quick...)

Anywho I am just anxious for him in the game, me being a fan.

I would enjoy it if it was on  :ff: rather than  :ffvstr:

Thanks!

~sonicmancool

SickAlice

Hello, welcome to the site.
I could have sworn somebody made a Sonic. Maybe someone can correct me on that.
I don't have  :ff: though I may try my hand at something with this. It will be awhile as I have a tight schedule right now, let you know.

daglob

I also thought Sonic had been made. Someone requested this some time ago, but I don't remember what the final outcome was.

I know I looked back at my stuff and the Sonic I had was not a hedgehog.

sonicmancool

Thanks you guys! I really Appreciate it! If you can find someone who has made sonic I would love to get in contact with him!

Tomato

Ummm... I hate to be that guy, but I'm PRETTY SURE no one made a Sonic mesh before. The amount of effort it would take to do a Sonic the Hedgehog mesh (which would be one a completely different biped than male_basic and would therefore require an entire new set of animations) has made meshing the character almost impossible for all but a very small number of meshers (IE: Meshers well above my skill level). I'm a big Sonic fan myself, and I'd be very disappointed if I hadn't heard about it, because I'd be playing with it all the time.

SickAlice

It wouldn't actually be that hard to make a Sonic mesh and conform it to male_basic animations or otherwise and then go from there (using speedster keyframes, adding a fast tumble and so on). From there of course some minor tweaks to the size values of the bipeds. It's not like there aren't dozens of Sonic models to work with as a base either.
* Randomday's conversions of cartoon characters are good examples of this, especially Speedy Gonzales. He points out that one specifically on his thread on weighting.
http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=55867.msg755838#msg755838

sonicmancool

Well guys, looks like I found a model of sonic!

It's here if you want to see it!

http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=57605.msg781357#msg781357

Edit: Forgot to give credit to SickAlice, didn't even realize you made it until after I posted this!

spydermann93

SickAlice

I'm looking at the other characters. Like I said in the release thread I set up Sonic so that his friends could be converted using the same mesh. However I'm a retro gamer so I'm not very familiar with anyone outside the old school 2d games. I know where I'm heading his Metal Sonic, Super Sonic and Tails (the flight animation will be an undertaking but I have an idea for it regardless). I'm not familiar though with Knuckles nor Shadow but I have their models on deck. The question is what type of movement/fighting/power style do you cool people think would fit the or would you like me to do for them. Like where Sonic obviously uses really fast speedster moves so what should those two be doing?

sonicmancool

Shadow, is more like sonic but he has a gun.  :thumbup: Knuckles is more of a melee person, so I wouldn't give him any ranged attacks. I would be fine with knuckles just having the animations of male_basic. But shadow needs a few more weapons and all that, but I would be fine if he was just like sonic.

SickAlice

Sounds easy enough. So for Shadow I'll keep the speedster keyframes but add a gun animation or more. Knuckles will have melee animations that focus on punches rather than kicks.