News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Toon Page updates

Started by SickAlice, November 07, 2014, 11:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

On the linked page I put stuff that's linked to well known animated or just " cartoony " in general type things.

Sonic the Hedgehog is on Gren's Makarri. I removed everything except the hands and converted Sonic The Hedgehog from the game Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for Gamecube, added a handle and resized it. Original model submitted by divx2k60.

Note that as usual this is for  :ffvstr:. I know there's a strong desire to have this one in  :ff:. I don't have that game. However, I did save the work files for this one. Just two pieces that need to be weighted to a male_basic and the head needs to be skoped in and the mesh resized. If anyone has the means and motive shoot me a PM and I'll walk you through it (except finalizing for  :ff: of course, not my area of expertise).

Super Sonic is the same as above with a head switch from the same game and an additional run animation which is a copy of the original hover one.

Knuckles is the same as Sonic except a Knuckles model of course and I used Gren's Flashback keyframes instead.

Shadow The Hedgehog is on Makarri by Gren. I removed everything except the hands and converted Shadow The Hedgehog from the game Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for Gamecube. I also brought in two guns from Gren's Punisher which I left unchanged as well added FX to the boots. That effect isn't as profound as I would have liked it but when angling the particle spray it was a matter of going too far in any direction shot it more unnaturally through the body. I of course reworked the keyframes to compensate for the new parts. Thanks to Tomato for advice on how to go about this character. Original model submitted by thegameexplorer.

Miles Tails Prower is on Makarri by Gren.I removed everything and converted Tails from the game Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for Gamecube. I then added a chopped down version of Gren's Nighthawk keyframes and skoped in some keys from TJ's Toad and Gren's Superman keyframes and added values for his tails. Original model submitted by divx2k60 and Doronetty. Thanks to hoss for help with the rotation.

When I was on the site grabbing the model for Sonic there was a really cute one of Q*Bert from the game Q*Bert Reloaded. I decided to bring him in as well for the retrogamers. Q*Bert is on male_basic.

Dr.Eggman's models are from the same game as Sonic. He is on a male_basic frame, his vehicles on INK's Proffesor X. When I tested the vehicles in game my FX where coming off the head. I'll look into this a bit later. * Nvmd. Make or copy FX in the Editor and make the origin assignments the center bounding box.

Captain N is on male basic. I skoped in keys from male surfer and a special from Gren's Taskmaster to emulate his controller moves. I added a jacket from INK's Gambit then remade it into a varsity style jacket. I then made his NES controller, Light Zapper and Gameboy. Bugs: some parts like the hair and collar tend to flicker in CTool depending on the angle viewed at during the surfer keys (hover/fly). I'm uncertain what causes this but tested it in game and no problem there.

Mario was made by converting Nintendo's model from Smash Bros. Brawl to male basic. I then worked in some parts from some of their other games and made some new ones. I resized all the portions and brought in a cape from Ren's Superman. I also gave it Ren's Superman keyframes since they seemed the closest match to Mario's moves. The bug is on the knuckle covers which drag though it's more noticeable in CTool than in game.

Luigi was made by converting Nintendo's model from Smash Bros. Brawl to male basic. I then worked in some parts from some of their other games and made some new ones. I resized all the portions and brought in a cape from Ren's Superman. I also gave it Ren's Superman keyframes then brought in a ranged from TJ's Ghostbuster and worked that and keys for the propeller into every animation. Special thanks to hoss20 for making a spinning propeller. The bug is on the knuckle covers which drag though it's more noticeable in CTool than in game.

Toad is a conversion of a model from Mario Party 8 to male basic. A blue line appears on his face for reasons unknown to me but is resolved by using the texture copy instead of the standard.

Bowser aka King Koopa is on jiksdragon. I made heavy alterations to the nif and mesh itself and brought in parts of a model from Smash Bros. by Nintendo. I also changed the keyframe values to compensate for the new positions. This was about the closest I could reasonably get it. The height was also a judgement call between making the attacks look right and the fact that his size is variable in media representation.

Princess Peach, Daisy and Rosalina are on INK's Psylocke and the models are courtesy of Nintendo with the main bodies derived from Mario Sports Mix and the rest from either a variety of games or myself. There are nine vehicles, seven from Mario Kart, one from Kingdom Hearts and one from Doctor Who. The pumpkin coach is hidden on Peach and Daisy's nifs and takes the place of the Wild Wing on Rosalina's. I imported a driving animation from TJ's Judge Dredd but changed how the arms rest. They all have a variety of game based skins and I gave Daisy and Rosalina new ones for the games they didn't star in as well. I also made Summmer Fun (swim suits) and Disney cosplay skins for everyone and a bonus holiday one for Peach. The weapons and vehicles used switch depending on which skin is chosen. A few bugs here and there though this was largely experimental. The body is female basic compatible.

Yoshi's model comes from Mario Party 8 and is imposed on TJ's Toad. I removed everything except the tongue and change the sizes.

Goomba is a conversion of a model from Smash Bros Brawl to male basic. I added a few more parts for variation. The keyframes are original Batroc keys by Grenadier which I chopped down then brought in keys from Wonderman. The character model was captured by Xerox.

Koopa Troppa was made by converting Nintendo model to Gren's Boomerang. Models are Koopa Trooper from Super Smash Bros Brawl, Drybones from Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics and Hammer Bro from Mario Party 8.  I resized all the portions and brought in a cape from Ren's Superman and made and imported some extras like the torso and mask. I added keyframe information so Drybones can throw it's head. Included are eleven skin variations: Koopa Troopa (green shell) as the standard, Para Koopa Troopa, Super Koopa Troopa, Drybones, Para Drybones, Mask Koopa, Hammer Bro, Boomerang Bro, Army Hammer Bro, Fire Bro and Ice Bro as alts. There are also some hidden extra parts including sunglasses, an 80's cartoon Ninja Turtle head and an 8-bit Mario sprite candy ranged weapon alt. The texture is examples for those are located on the extras.tga in the standard directory.

Sackboy is an attempt to convert the model from LittleBigPlanet to Freedom Force Vs The Third Reich using male basic. The pack comes with wireframes and the original texture. Parts hail from various game series, mainly LittleBigPlanet, Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Deadpool The Game, Smash Bros. Melee, Hyperdimension Neptunia and Project Diva. There are four skin packs. The 2nd and 3rd contain the additional textures from the game. I didn't use the proper naming conventions as I couldn't recall what they all are and just made up whatever I pleased. The Sackgirl (2nd pack) texture aside from the attachments is not the native Sackperson texture. I couldn't acquire that so I made my own and tried to get it as close as I could. The rest of the skin packs are customs I made to show off some off the parts and are as follows:

Skin pack #3: Candy Cane, Cork, Deadpool, Dr.Doom, Frankenstein, Hello Kitty, Marilyn Manson, Mega Man, Miku, Newton, Vanessa and Wonka.
Skin Pack #4: Bear Kuma, Bunny, Cammy, Fresh Prince, Gwen Stephani, Johnny Bravo, Kitty Pryde, Pirate, Rose LaLonde, SaconiƱo, Summer Fun and Tiger.

If you end up checking out multiple skin packs I suggest you don't exceed twelve textures per directory lest you crash your virtual memory.There are additional parts that are not displayed by any texture. The Sackboy directory has premade textures for these and the rest as well as the wires of course.

Amy Rose is on Gambit by Gren. I removed everything but the heirachy and added parts from various game models by SEGA. I also added a second idle to hide the hammer mainly for screenshots.

http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/toon.html

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

I think so too, then again probably because I didn't make it the model, lol. He's already running around the danger room beating everyone of the Flash's rogue gallery down.

I forgot to mention sorry anyone that it's sort of chincy. I just tossed this together in about forty minutes so we could have a Sonic to work with.

SickAlice

Cyber Burn

Very cool! I'm going through the site that you grabbed these from, and wow, there is a lot of cool stuff there.

President Raygun

That Q bert is @!#$&? sweet!

daglob

sonicmancool

Wow Thanks! And I just requested sonic! LOL

ghazkul

....... OMG!! Sonic!!!!!!!! I know its early to ask, but can the other characters be done (as in plausibility, not a request)? Would love to see Super Sonic or Shadow? OMG EGGMAN!! Sorry geek-gasming.

Btw, I think the back spines are attached to the wrong node? (or something to the effect). They follow and deform to the arms during animations. STILL AN EPIC MESH!!!!

SickAlice

Ha. It's not too early. So the way I made Sonic there his head piece isn't weighted. That means one could export the 3d model, line up a different one and import it. I did that on purpose so those characters and ones like them could be modded in with ease by anyone. If no one else does it I will ghazkul. I'm already at least working on Dr.Eggman in his first vehicle as well.

Your right about the back spikes. It was a quick job and experimental. I'm probably going to do a version 2 down the line. The spikes need to be separate pieces attached to the Spine01 node is all.

SickAlice

Sonic has been updated to version 2. There is still some vert dragging in the armpits though I usually have that with male basic. It's mostly visible in the pick up animation. It doesn't stick out in game however.

SickAlice

SickAlice

spydermann93

Ok, I was NOT expecting him!

:lol:

Cyber Burn

Yup, any doubts that I may have had are gone...You are definitely a Machine!  :D

SickAlice

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 11, 2014, 03:10:34 AM
Yup, any doubts that I may have had are gone...You are definitely a Machine!  :D

Nuh-uh! See, here's a photo of me and the family.
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/temp/familyvacation2010.jpg

BentonGrey

Ohh man!  I have been missing some cool stuff.  Captain N!  Sonic!  I LOVE the Robotnik vehicles and stuff! :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

oldmanwinters

Woah, impressive work!  I loved those old Dic video game inspired cartoons and I'm still a big Sonic fan (for better and worse).

SickAlice

Thanks. Other than taking them apart and assembling them to work in game I can't have credit here other than Captain N. I've really wanted to make him since  :ff: or at least a Light Zapper in game. His Nintendo swag was pretty easy to sculpt given it's all basic geometry.  I love the Sonic though I have little experience with him past the SEGA CD game. Except the Mega Man comic cross-over and that was excellent. I read the MM comic religiously so the Sonic cross-over part was essential.

sonicmancool

Hey Can you make mario? I would ove to have a sonic vs mario battle  :thumbup:

sonicmancool

SickAlice

I'm working on him, Luigi, Wario, Peach, Toad and Bowzer. It seemed the right step to take next. The last one may be awhile, he's tricky to figure out.

sonicmancool

SickAlice

spydermann93

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Luigi and what not on the way, though easily enough since he's going to share much of Mario's bits. I'm pretty ill right now so I'm going to be less outspoken here though know I'm making good strides on everything. Sorry I didn't add some of the costumes. I looked into the Cloud and Bee ones but I didn't feel comfortable doing them since I'm not very familiar with them.

Cyber Burn

Really impressed with how many costumes you put in to each of your releases.

On a side note, I hope you feel better soon.

spydermann93

Quote from: SickAlice on December 02, 2014, 02:51:16 AM
Luigi and what not on the way, though easily enough since he's going to share much of Mario's bits. I'm pretty ill right now so I'm going to be less outspoken here though know I'm making good strides on everything. Sorry I didn't add some of the costumes. I looked into the Cloud and Bee ones but I didn't feel comfortable doing them since I'm not very familiar with them.

I hope that you get well soon, SA! :thumbup: