News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Toon Page updates

Started by SickAlice, November 07, 2014, 11:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Thanks both. I'm sure I will. I have a condition that's on and off, just pretty on right now. I just keeping swallowing the medicine and napping. It makes it a little hard to concentrate though (more so the meds as they make me sleepy but the infection isn't helping). It's like nine below zero right now anyways so I suppose this is good timing since there isn't much to miss out on.

SickAlice

Added Toad from Super Mario Bros.

SickAlice

Changed Mario's keyframes, repacked and reuploaded.

I noted while testing in game stuff that his object keys had him in a hovering stance. I changed these to the proper ones where he walks on the ground instead.

SickAlice

SickAlice

Added Bowser aka King Koopa.

Cyber Burn

Since I haven't been feeling well, I haven't installed these yet, but just going by the pics, these are really nice.

SickAlice

Thanks. Hope that breaks for you sooner than not.

Bowser was a massive pain in the sit muffin, not sure why. I should elaborate more since I think it'll come up that the choice of size was determined by placing him with Mario and Luigi and seeing what worked best for interaction. However I did add a handle already. If anyone wants theirs larger just check the Scale of the handle in Nifskope and save it. I think it's .50 right now. Going up to 1.00 makes him about the height of a city tree.

Working on Peach now. Like stated in my site thread I'm going to go big and take my time with this one. I have all sorts of ideas for alts.

Podmark

Nice job on these. Luigi even has his ghost vacuum.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Thanks. I can't wait to lay Peach on you people. That one differs from most of these in that it conforms right to female basic. Whereas most of these can be used to make similar characters (Mario-ish on those, Sonic-ish else) she will instead provide a new bodytype, one that's more anime style for users to work with for whatever. I got really lucky with the weighting on both the body and the clothes thus far. As a result I expanded the project to include as many basic clothing articles as I can put into it as well switches for different dresses, hairstyles and weapons and of course for the other Princesses (Daisy and Rosalina). Of all the retrogame conversions this one is easily my favorite so far if for no other reason than how versatile it is. I'm hoping to drop it within a weeks time if everything goes well. Considering adding a run animation switch as well to include kart style vehicle driving though no guarantee since that would increase the time I'm putting in a bit.

Cyber Burn

My Daughter LOVES Daisy, and if you were able to add in a Kart driving animation, I think she would be in Heaven.

SickAlice

I finished all of the Peach bits just now, about to add the Daisy and Rosalina bits. I did a test to add a second run that has karts. Worked fine so those will be in the release. Last thing to address will be extras (stuff normally not found in the game characters, like sunglasses and a Santa hat). The mach bike will probably take the most time next to the keys since I have to build it but if I'm having karts then I want that one in cause it's awesome.

SickAlice

Added Princess Peach, Princess Daisy and Princess Rosalina.

Cyber Burn

Very tempted to wake my Daughter up so she can see these.

spydermann93

I spy, with my little eye, an Alice, Snow White, and Cinderella :P

SickAlice

Glad they're well received. I put a lot of TLC into these and the devil is in the details. There's a lot of different things depending on which character and skin you use. Sorry I released it so late at night, we had a family emergency here to contend with and it turned into a long day. Good eye spydermann93. Make sure to check out the vehicle on Cinderella.

Cyber Burn

It's never a good thing to have a Family emergency, even worse on a Holiday. I hope things worked themselves out for you and yours.

SickAlice

He got home for Christmas dinner. Had to microwave it but better than nothing and he survived which is the important part. Life doesn't take holiday's as grim as that sounds.

Added Knuckles.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: SickAlice on December 26, 2014, 09:00:15 PM
Life doesn't take holiday's as grim as that sounds.

Sad, but true.

I just really have to commend you on the Princesses again. They really turned out fantastic.  :thumbup:

SickAlice

Thanks. As usual commend Nintendo though. And Ink and Gren. I'm just playing dress up for the most part with these (kind of great for me actually since it frees up some time).

Added Yoshi.

joemama

The FFVTTR textures work very well for Mario-themed maps.  Not sure how deep you're going with this project, but if you were to extract some in-game resources (mostly the unique buildings), I could probably recreate some of the Mario universe maps.

For example:
Paper Mario (N64) Goomba village: http://www.mariouniverse.com/images/maps/n64/pm/pro/goomba-village.png

(Very Rough) Cuba Goomba Village: https://www.dropbox.com/s/31vwfk8t29u41ma/goomba_sample.png?dl=0
Just need to tweak the sand texture a bit and add the house/tree stump

SickAlice

Hey joemama! First off, thank you for your map making tutorial. It helped me with a lot of things. Second I still totally stink at maps, definitely a weak area for me. As it is I'm still only working with my first test map, mostly figuring out how to make custom walls and ramps and such. For video game characters I'm going to stick to characters myself, mostly hammering out some requests.

If yourself or anyone wants to make some maps though I'm sure everyone would be overjoyed. I know the Sonic stuff in particular is a real big hit here (I'd do a ton of those if not for the fact that I'm only familiar with the Genesis characters). The Princesses likewise are for our friends daughter here so if I had a request it would be Peaches Castle. I bet she'd love to have the girls hang out there. Thanks and I hope the season is finding you well.

Podmark

Really like the Princess sets. Very fun addition.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Thanks. It was fun to put them together and gave me a few laughs. Honestly though glad it's over and I think I'm going to avoid anything that dolly for a bit. I got a little too permeated from it and it started to feel like when I managed the Barbie aisles at a toy store (my dreams took on lemonade hues in other words). Also and not to knock anyone's niche though to affirm my own preferences here, as mainly a retrogamer I had to do much research into those characters and that took into a really excitable and um, interesting fanbase for these characters. Too each their own I guess but these eyes have seen too much and I'll leave it at that. Again really pleased that anyone's kid was happy with this, knowing that improved a rough holiday ten fold.

martialstorm

I'm continually in awe of what you bring to FF and the community SickAlice. Always appreciated  :D

Amazo Version 2.2

these are totally awesome! they make me feel like a kid all over again. is there any chance that we will see custom fx for any of these meshes? I was looking at mario and trying to figure out a way to make his fireball, but I don't know what settings to use to make the ball bounce up and down. thanks for all your hard work in making these characters they are awesome!
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

SickAlice

Thanks both of you. I've been fishing on the FX front, I'd like to see some basics like a Mario style fireball and a ground traveling-richocet shell but I'm weak in the department of making FX. I know in the case of a shell you can assign the end to low node, like a foot, however all my experiments with that glitched (an increasing amount of the FX piled up onscreen). The fireball no clue here either. My guess would be to use an optical illusion where the fireball is spinning and moving up and down a few clicks to give it a " bouncing along " appearance. Hammers and boomerangs should be simple enough otherwise. Again not my strong suit though. I'm putting more effort right now into Black Lanterns (and snow shoveling) but I'll note it for later if nothing else develops in the meantime.

windblown

Fantastic work as always SickAlice.
The princesses skopes are amazing, I love all the extras that you put in them.

Cyber Burn

Sorry...I should have posted something about having added the Mario Characters to my FX "To Do" List. I'm just trying to re-do, and finish up the previous batch of FX. It's taking me a bit longer to finish these than I had planned (Darn you Murphy's Law!!!  :thumbdown:).

On the other hand, I do have a ideas for both, Mario's Fireball, and the Ground Shell Attack (The Ricochet could be done when setting up the Power in-game). Now whether or not I can actually execute my ideas, that's another story altogether. It's been a while since I've actually played any of the Mario Games, so I'll need a visual refresher before I start trying to make FX for them.

SickAlice

You'll have an easier go than me I think. If you need model bases let me know, they'll just come right from a native game anyways for authenticity so it won't be hard to do. The movement is of course where I get shaky. PM me whenever you feel like giving it a go. Like I said I'm swamped but on the other hand I'm also snowed in for a few months so I'll be on deck either way.

SickAlice

King Koopa has been updated to V.2 by Cyber Burn as to include nodes for the great FX he's working (seriously he has put a lot of elbow grease into those, make sure to give him some applause people). The old file is replaced with the new so you can download it and copy it over the one you have now.

* Oh also I'm still working on Shadow The Hedgehog. The hold up is the gun keyframes and I'm not familiar with what his guns actually look like. Sorry for the delays. I'll get a Tails going as well soon enough, hoss gave me an idea on how to approach the flying animations.