News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

A NEW FRESH FREEDOM FORCE

Started by hmarrs, November 10, 2014, 04:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmarrs

I POSTED THIS ON ANOTHER THREAD BUT DECIDED TO START A THREAD ON IT>

While I agree we will never Die I truly believe we need to do something's different.
For instance I have stopped playing the game because no Offense I HATE RPG FORMAT.
But that's just me.
However I love the idea that it can be so versatile where you can change the look Maps Skins Mesh and even Story.
I still Mesh and Skin not as often as I used to.
BUT WE NEVER OR HARDLY EVER change the game play so in reality its the same repetitive stuff over and over again.
I cant I wish I could I'm limited I wouldn't even begin to know how to change it.I have said it for yearsI like Thrid person perspecte I hate RPG I don't like having to stop and pick and choos its pull sme out the game and the action.I know some people have inquired first person perspective.
Maybe even a VS Mode..I don't know but surely somebody or someone has to know what can be done or what to do.

Me personally I like old school Play like "Batmans Arkham" change camera angles play as a third person and if I have to pick anything pick my weapon...

Even Meshes and Skins while I think some of them look great and fantastic many are just repetitive of the same thing...

Great stuff just the same great stuff..

I don't know I don't mean to offend anyone but I make Meshes and stuff and cant enjoy them as I would like to for myself...

I know right Bearded has taken this very task to which I speak but I know its not easy who else can help?

Im don't to the point where id be willing if we took up FUNDS to hire a GAMER PROGRAMMER to make it happen...

We Growth I don't feel we have Growth Freedom Force should be Evolving into something different the first two game were the Starting point be we can take it further...
because they aren't making anymore to my knowledge and persanlly I could be wrong but I feel that's where the second game fell because it was great but gave us more of the same great....Same gamplay Same everything...

Sorry if I sound critical but that's how I feel...

SOMBODY PLEASE TALK TO ME!!!

murs47

Cyber Burn

Considering that these are 10 year old games, I think it's pretty freaking awesome that new content is still being made for the Freedom Force Community. You are complaining that you're just seeing the same stuff over and over, I'm in awe over the groundbreaking work of our Content Creators. These guys are just incredible, and their hard work has inspired others as well.

If you want something different in regards to game play, check out the "Mods" Section of the Boards. You should find some very interesting stuff.

Quote from: hmarrs on November 10, 2014, 04:41:31 PM
Im don't to the point where id be willing if we took up FUNDS to hire a GAMER PROGRAMMER to make it happen...

Explain to me the purpose of hiring a game programmer? I'm not quite understanding your reason here.

If you are really unhappy with the Freedom Force franchise, I'm sure there are other games you can play that might make you happier.

Believe me, you really don't want me to open up and express myself here, though maybe someone else may want to share.

Starman

SickAlice

I can kind of dig this idea. For awhile now I've wanted to see the community here band together and develop their own game. There's such a wealth of talent and so diversified here and so many that really don't give themselves the credit for their own skills that they deserve that I believe only a fine production would come out of a mass dedicated group effort. As for an official sequel to the game on the books (really I think an along the lines type of thing would achieve better support and success then a rehash in this day in age though) Kickstarter is clearly the place to begin such a substratum proper.

bearded

I can quickly put together a 3rd person platformer using the unity tutorial as a base, and I can use ff maps and character nifs, at this point very easily. What I need is a story. I can also make a strategy game similiar to the control styles of ff, if you happened to look at my jean grey and beast example a while back. I still have the resources for these things, again, I need story, or setting, or motivation. Some of these things are based on paid for resources, paid for by several of you guys.

We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic game. FR will be that game. Better than it was before. Better...stronger...faster

Cyber Burn

After re-reading my previous post, I should probably clarify my statement.

I am all for trying to bring new life to the Freedom Force franchise, and by extension, the FR Community. If someone has ideas that will enhance gameplay, or that will encourage replay, then definitely, share your ideas, brainstorm away.

Unfortunately, I do have a problem with you stating that nothing changes. With every Skin, Skope, Mesh, Etc. that is released, the game changes, even if it is just a little bit. But all those little bits tend to add up, and this allows the game to really change. Then we get into the Game Mods themselves, which all have new stories, and therefore, further change the gameplay. The repetitive nature that you keep bringing up, begins to vanish.

But you said you want something different, fair enough, try these out:

http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=57045.0

http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=57044.0

All that aside, what I really have a problem with, is your suggestion to hire a "Game Programmer". I have always felt that what made the Freedom Force franchise a success was that the content was created BY THE COMMUNITY. Everyday, average people, who have taken the time to learn how to create content for a game that they enjoy, using Characters that they love, is a big part of what makes this Community so special. By hiring a "Game Programmer" to come in and basically do whatever you want him to do, pretty much negates everything that everyone has done up to this point. On that note, while I could continue on this subject for hours on end, I'll let it go.

Bearded, I know you're a Flash Fan, so if you're still looking for inspiration/motivation, I created an introduction of sorts for a Flash story that I never got around to writing. If you're interested in checking it out, let me know.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: bearded on November 11, 2014, 07:42:43 PM
I can quickly put together a 3rd person platformer using the unity tutorial as a base, and I can use ff maps and character nifs, at this point very easily. What I need is a story. I can also make a strategy game similiar to the control styles of ff, if you happened to look at my jean grey and beast example a while back. I still have the resources for these things, again, I need story, or setting, or motivation. Some of these things are based on paid for resources, paid for by several of you guys.

We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic game. FR will be that game. Better than it was before. Better...stronger...faster

If you what you need is a story, I'm sure the community would oblige.  The community developed story for the mod I partially made, Liberty Bay, could potentially be reworked to remove the FF specific characters and story elements and used, for example, and we have no lack of ideas among this community if we needed to do something original.  Start up a brainstorming thread with exactly what you'd like to see (number of missions, technical limitations, etc) and I'm sure we could put something awesome together.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

schick

My ideal FF wouldn't need a story.
I just need a sandbox I can drop my characters into and watch them duke it out.
A better watch mode.

spydermann93

Sandbox AND story modes are a must for me! :P

hmarrs

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 11, 2014, 12:01:50 AM
Considering that these are 10 year old games, I think it's pretty freaking awesome that new content is still being made for the Freedom Force Community. You are complaining that you're just seeing the same stuff over and over, I'm in awe over the groundbreaking work of our Content Creators. These guys are just incredible, and their hard work has inspired others as well.

If you want something different in regards to game play, check out the "Mods" Section of the Boards. You should find some very interesting stuff.

Explain to me the purpose of hiring a game programmer? I'm not quite understanding your reason here.

If you are really unhappy with the Freedom Force franchise, I'm sure there are other games you can play that might make you happier.

Believe me, you really don't want me to open up and express myself here, though maybe someone else may want to share.
[/quote

Cyber>
You totally misunderstood me and I was afraid that's how I would be interpreted..I also said that those were my personally feelings.Come on man.I been here from the beginning for 10 plus some odd years too if I didn't have love for the Game I wouldnt still be here.Its because I love the game that Im asking for growth.
As for me personally I never liked RPG games but I feel the concept of the game is awesome I just wish there was a way for more alternatives for different Gameplay.

hmarrs

Bearded I know you been working on it for a while("something big")Thread  and your doing a great job.

hmarrs

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 11, 2014, 09:48:44 PM

I am all for trying to bring new life to the Freedom Force franchise, and by extension, the FR Community. If someone has ideas that will enhance gameplay, or that will encourage replay, then definitely, share your ideas, brainstorm away.

Unfortunately, I do have a problem with you stating that nothing changes. With every Skin, Skope, Mesh, Etc. that is released, the game changes, even if it is just a little bit. But all those little bits tend to add up, and this allows the game to really change. Then we get into the Game Mods themselves, which all have new stories, and therefore, further change the gameplay. The repetitive nature that you keep bringing up, begins to vanish.

All that aside, what I really have a problem with, is your suggestion to hire a "Game Programmer". I have always felt that what made the Freedom Force franchise a success was that the content was created BY THE COMMUNITY. Everyday, average people, who have taken the time to learn how to create content for a game that they enjoy, using Characters that they love, is a big part of what makes this Community so special. By hiring a "Game Programmer" to come in and basically do whatever you want him to do, pretty much negates everything that everyone has done up to this point. On that note, while I could continue on this subject for hours on end, I'll let it go.

Bearded, I know you're a Flash Fan, so if you're still looking for inspiration/motivation, I created an introduction of sorts for a Flash story that I never got around to writing. If you're interested in checking it out, let me know.
I apologize if it came out that way but I never meant it that way.I meant that the look changes but the Gameplay itself doesn't change.

hmarrs

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 11, 2014, 09:48:44 PM

I mentioned a Programmer because once years ago I made this same suggestion.And the response I got was no one could figure out how and someone on the Thread made that suggestion.But if you read my Post I said at first there must be someone here who must know how or if we could all come together.I know Bearded has taken on this task alone and I cant imagine the undertaking if a Mesh alone or even a Skin can take me weeks to Months.
But what would be so bad if we hire someone if its for the benefit of the Game?
Maybe that will even open the doors to Newbee's....
Cyber>Please dont be denfisive.I love the Game just as much as everyone else...
So much that I wish there a 3rd Person alternative...Why should the Gameplay be limited...When there is so much more potential to take it in different directions...
I know you feel Protective because this is our baby...So I can understand how I may have ruffled your feathers but you got to know my intentions...
I like you been here since day one...I left came back left again but I always come back... I was.."Lone Wolf"..."Wolf One"..."Lobo" Now Im just... "Hmarrs"....Over the years I owe a Plethora of Gratitude to all of the Artist from which I learned a great deal of "Skinning"..."Meshing"...So again please don't misunderstand me.I do feel however we need to grow and expand or FF dies with us. Because as we know Irrational is no longer involved. But in the Spirit of Irrational they invented this game with the dream and intention that it would be expanded upon. So in that same Spirit we must do the same...RPG, 3rdPerson, 1stPerson, etc.
Giving the All the Artists who have worked so hard an opportunity for even more exposure.

hmarrs

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on November 11, 2014, 10:42:33 PM

If you what you need is a story, I'm sure the community would oblige.  The community developed story for the mod I partially made, Liberty Bay, could potentially be reworked to remove the FF specific characters and story elements and used, for example, and we have no lack of ideas among this community if we needed to do something original.  Start up a brainstorming thread with exactly what you'd like to see (number of missions, technical limitations, etc) and I'm sure we could put something awesome together.
Lets do it I'm in. I'm an ok Mesher and Skinner.
We really need to get with Bearded he had some things going on..
Go to his "something big" Thread read up on some of his accomplishments and lets see how we can help.C'mon Cyber bro.lets do it.

hmarrs

Quote from: schick on November 11, 2014, 11:18:59 PM
My ideal FF wouldn't need a story.
I just need a sandbox I can drop my characters into and watch them duke it out.
A better watch mode.
has anyone ever figured out how to connect MAPS so its more open range like "Grand Theft Auto"

Outcast

Well actually, i think Dr. Mike's Patriot City Mod was able to connect some Maps together. It was designed as a free roaming mod.

As to a new Freedom Force, a few people (namely Tommyboy and Abenavides)  have already started trying to make one.
http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=53349.0

Well, it may not be in 3rd person like you wanted. But i think it has a lot of potential. It is quite a lot of work for the two of them to tackle by themselves though. There's a lot of programming involved in that project of theirs and Abenavides seems to be more knowledgeable in that area. So if you're looking for a programmer, i think he is the closest thing we have here that's already made some progress in terms of making a new fresh Freedom Force sandbox kinda game.

hmarrs

Quote from: Outcast on November 12, 2014, 04:08:25 PM
Well actually, i think Dr. Mike's Patriot City Mod was able to connect some Maps together. It was designed as a free roaming mod.

As to a new Freedom Force, a few people (namely Tommyboy and Abenavides)  have already started trying to make one.
http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=53349.0

Well, it may not be in 3rd person like you wanted. But i think it has a lot of potential. It is quite a lot of work for the two of them to tackle by themselves though. There's a lot of programming involved in that project of theirs and Abenavides seems to be more knowledgeable in that area. So if you're looking for a programmer, i think he is the closest thing we have here that's already made some progress in terms of making a new fresh Freedom Force sandbox kinda game.
Oh yeah I remember that.Its awesome I know Bearded was working on a 3rd Person we all just need to collaborate.
Maybe start a thread for just that.

hmarrs

Bearded can you link up that original Gameplay you had developed using UNITY I believe with Minute Man in the 3rd Person form way back when?So we can look at it again.

bearded

alright, give me a character with simple powers, which map to go on, why he has to get from one end to the other, and his obstacles in the way. I can convert any of the character nif's, and already have a few, some made for specially, if you see the thread.

bearded

or, even better, we could make it a challenge, in that each of those ideas are from a different fr'er.
Later today I will start a new thread.

bearded

Quote from: hmarrs on November 12, 2014, 04:22:47 PM
Bearded can you link up that original Gameplay you had developed using UNITY I believe with Minute Man in the 3rd Person form way back when?So we can look at it again.
I am trying to find it, but I think it was in a computer crash, and even the tutorial I based it on is down. That's ok, I still have all the creation knowledge I acquired making it!

hmarrs

Quote from: bearded on November 12, 2014, 04:23:03 PM
alright, give me a character with simple powers, which map to go on, why he has to get from one end to the other, and his obstacles in the way. I can convert any of the character nif's, and already have a few, some made for specially, if you see the thread.
If its ok with everyone lets go basic and lets go with the man himself.."Minute Man"...Lets go with the very first Map same theme Picking up Energy Canisters along the way.
Fighting the same Thugs.Go with the first run from the first Freedom Force.
If your cool with that.
He can have it at 3rd person.
Then after we can get creative.
If its cool with you that is.

hmarrs

Quote from: bearded on November 12, 2014, 04:25:03 PM
or, even better, we could make it a challenge, in that each of those ideas are from a different fr'er.
Later today I will start a new thread.
A challenge is good Bearded but shouldn't we do simple simple first from point A to point B.Then the challenge all so we have smthing done as a starting point no?

hmarrs

Quote from: bearded on November 12, 2014, 04:26:06 PM
Quote from: hmarrs on November 12, 2014, 04:22:47 PM
I am trying to find it, but I think it was in a computer crash, and even the tutorial I based it on is down. That's ok, I still have all the creation knowledge I acquired making it!
man I feel you it its happened to me a million times the last one was my Avengers Hulk Mesh.I lost that and all my other stuff...
Its a shame to because after you put it up I must have played it a hundred times...Have to get to his quinjet.
I believe you were working on a Character Tool as well with slides to adjust weight n size..even facial features. I remember because you had me drooling.

spydermann93

Quote from: bearded on November 12, 2014, 04:23:03 PM

Could you provide a tutorial on how to do the conversion, Bearded? I apologize if I'm asking too much for that.

I would love to help you with this project, but I'm afraid I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to Unity (I pretty much know nothing).

bearded

Quote from: spydermann93 on November 12, 2014, 04:46:15 PM

Could you provide a tutorial on how to do the conversion, Bearded? I apologize if I'm asking too much for that.

I would love to help you with this project, but I'm afraid I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to Unity (I pretty much know nothing).
All I do is use various niftools and export to .fbx, you have to export the different animations by counting keyframes.
Did anyone ever download it? I might could get at my .assets if anyone has a copy.

hmarrs

you know bearded I know I did but I think I lost it with my stuff Ill check.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: bearded on November 12, 2014, 06:10:29 PM
Quote from: spydermann93 on November 12, 2014, 04:46:15 PM

All I do is use various niftools and export to .fbx, you have to export the different animations by counting keyframes.
Did anyone ever download it? I might could get at my .assets if anyone has a copy.

I'll try and check my Files this week to see if I still have it. Even with everything that was salvaged after my last Crash, there was still a lot that I lost.

bearded

I am totally obsessed with recreating that level now. After I made it, I made a level 2 with liberty lad vs some tougher robots, and he had a machine gun. I was sort of winter soldiering him. I don't remember if anyone ever saw that level.

The character creator with sliders and sandbox mode I was trying to make got way out of hand, because everything has to be created at once, and I totally lost control of it. The benefit to a story is I can start small, with powers for individuals and advance from that.

Did I lose a post from Cat?