News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The Spider-Mobile

Started by SickAlice, October 25, 2021, 05:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

The Spider-Mobile was imported by Randomdays. I then scrapped the lot and made new models and put it into Valandar's Hound Jeep nif and modified that as well added a lot of new keyframes. Human base models are from Gren and JP. A hairpiece from another game and steering wheel from another model. Since much of this is ground up I provided a lot of extra textures past the wireframes so skinners will have a better map to work with. There's a lot going on. The standard skin directory is devoted to these guides as well, also to improve the graphics in game by having it off limits so you'll need to select a different skin directory to use it in game. It can climb walls and the headlights turn into webshooters on the ranged animations. The tires spin when they should and engine parts move. Everything can stripped down through the alpha channels on the textures. Everything but the tires is a static model set to zero point so you can easily open up a 3d program and then import any choice model through Nifskope into this and build whatever. The tires are little tricky and you'd need to instead move them by editable model, it was the only way to get them to work in the animations. Otherwise I provided a lot of options and would love to see what anyone makes with this. Planning a second "base vehicle" that will also include animated drivers and more options from this. I put a lot of love into this and detail. Please if you can zoom in and take a look and see what changes when you change skins especially in the dashboard/steering wheel area. And as always have fun. Lastly I didn't make FX for it. I did just assign a standard web shot beam from EZFX to the weapon node in game though and it looks okay. Otherwise if you have any questions on how to use this thing since it's pretty detailed feel free to ask me.

It can be downloaded at my Spider-Man page here (at the bottom):
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/spider.html

As of this update the Spider-Man nifs that were a conversion of a model from another game have been moved to a second page to make space for other new incoming stuff and are here now:
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/spider2.html

As always my page is pretty buggy and you may need to refresh the page if you haven't visited it in awhile in order to see the new stuff.

SickAlice

I'll give the game away here. Among the hidden things in this is a wax pack. Those for who remembers were packs of cards and gum. I don't know why I did this but I made a model of a pack, card/sticker and that pink looks and tastes like cement gum and put it in the glove box next to a road atlas. You can't see it other than in one texture, the Spider-Man and Deadpool texture where the glove box door opens up anyways and can't see the cards or gum since they're inside the wrapper. And if you open it the value will go down and the gum become more rock hard then when it came out of the factory of course. Anyways look for that wax pack thing to become a regular feature from me in things. I also reused my Baby Animal head in this nif which is the first 3d model I ever made and have managed to keep a back-up of for two decades or more now, I was really happy to get to use that again somewhere.

oktokels

Oooh  :o  It's such a joy to see everyone joining forces to make cool stuff for this game. My congratulations to all of you, Wonderful Job !!!  :wub: :wub: :wub:

SickAlice

I made a 3d model of an axle. That happened. About my comment since I know there's some new people I have a long standing thing with Easter Eggs. Bit of a quirk with me and I hide things in my art, nifs, textures, keyframes and site included. I have a list somewhere but probably lost track of some of them but if anyone is into that stuff and likes a treasure hunt there you go. Just some examples and because I figure these will be lost if I don't mention:

- I did one of a Yellow Lantern named Kryb. Disturbing character and it was kind of weird to model it, this character has an extended ribcage and it kidnaps and holds babies in there. Yuck. So I made these baby models and such. In the Nif if you strip away everything one of the babies is separate from the rest. Underneath is a node called "nevermind". It's a model of flat plan assigned to a texture. The baby is posed and it's a recreation of the cover of Nirvana's album Nevermind, the plane being textured somewhere to make it into the money the baby is reaching for. I had made this work on the anniversary of that album, also my birthday hence why I did that and otherwise I think to add some levity to the otherwise disturbing project.

- Several textures have a random image on them in my nifs. One is Green Lantern Alfred E. Neuman (based on the MAD Magazine cover art) in which I embedded the one million three hundred twenty nine thousand and sixty three dollar bill from the MAD Magazine board game (which can only be collected if it is your turn, if you draw the only card prompting you to collect it and if your legal name is Alfred E. Neuman). It isn't otherwise assigned to any model in the game.

- In the Spider-Man nif there are several hidden things. One is a node called "horse_thing". The model in it is a very tiny version of Byd's horse. In the node there is a weblink that takes you to a page online where a clip of Kirsten Dunst in the role of Mary Jane says the line "Don't give me the horse thing!" on repeat.

- On the bottom of my index page for the site there's two sprites of the player characters from the game Contra by Konami for the 8-bit NES. They aren't image files rather embedded code. If you enter the Konami code while my index page is open on your keyboard a hidden page of my site will pop open where you can download skins of the Contra player characters for Freedom Force.

Just a few, I really do this type of thing all the time. Eventually I will probably hide Waldo in something. Just again if anyone likes looking for that stuff.

BentonGrey

My goodness, I am amazed at the variety you create with your pieces, SA.  This is so cool!  I love the Turtle buggy, Spidey and Torch tooling around, and the Shocker-mobile.  These are lots of fun!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

Thanks. Mostly came about because of the research. I had to find out how this thing looks of course and well, it looks different every time it shows up. Seems a funny plot device to excuse it is the car really sucks and ends up wrecked at the end of each mission thus rebuilt in the next appearance. And yeah, this was fun to do as well I did a bit of staging for other things I have in the works, April and the classic Turtle Wagon for that texture of course. I knew you would like that one in particular and had you mind when I made it. Glad you do.

Randomdays

When SA stepped in to help with this, I knew it would be good, complete and detailed. But the variety is amazing.

I've been known to have OCD (Obsessive Comic Disorder) but this takes the cake.

cranlox

It is elegantly sophisticated. Alice, you have my full respects. Maybe you already had them x many other things.
Only you keep them again. :cool:

SickAlice

Ty. I been accused of having OCD, thankfully no. That seems like no fun. Given the PTSD label but I deal with it. I am unusual meticulous at times, that's the word they use I know. I have a lot of work pig in me is all, years of well the virtual whip crack and being expected to complete jobs to perfection. It stuck with me. Though in this case it's a bit of fun, I mean I like comic book and old cartoon stuff a lot so it's a relief for me to get really deep into making tiny (or are they huge? Virtual environment so who is to say?) models of them makes me feel like a kid again, I used to do similar then too. Mostly painted or sculpted, learned to make action figures from scratch (do not suggest, very stressful!), so on. Anyways so meaning if you ask me to have a go at any of the old 80's-90's comic book or Saturday morning cartoon stuff chances are I will probably have started before a responding yes. Pretty much just happened with that Shriek request here simply because Maximum Carnage was a big deal when I was little and for no other reason then that.

Oh, I keep forgetting but now that I released it so spoilers aren't an issue. So yeah the characters here are also getting full stand alone releases, at least the Spider-Man stuff. Spider-Man gets a new version from me, a Deadpool I been working on for a year or so. Black Cat, her posses Boris and Bruno, I liked those characters right when they were introduced, The Tinkerer and his muscle Toy and Miles, actually my newer Spidey nif and keyframes but a teen version of it shared by teen Spidey's.

April included, I been working on her for sometime now. Kind of the same operation, I'm moving to V3 of the Turtles and anything related and planned with them and took time to iron out exactly what kind of look I wanted for it all and how I want them to move and so on. I'm comfortable with where I arrived to go ahead. So what I did here was staging for that, same with the Spider-man stuff of course. Working on the nifs in separate character directories and such and then importing the files back and forth.

It's a worthwhile method to use, I came up with the system when I did the truckload of Green Lantern Corps ones. It saves you a ton of time and mistakes for that matter to it this way, I mean working on multiple things at the same time. My templates are also improving as a result. I thought for example I would be stuck with the shoddy base skins I came up with awhile ago but after having to reuse them and make improvements so many times I think I actually got something better to work with now. Likewise all sorts of heatmaps and such, I included a ton of that stuff in this release for anyone to make use of which also saves a ton of time and work in the long run. Like I won't have to ever sit and draw on Spider-Mans webs again. It's done for good going forward. Or line up pupils on again. Color match only to have the texture go wonky and rainbow colored, I made perfect templates of color scales for Freedom Force textures to always work with now. So on.

And yeah, I hope everyone get's a lot of use out the ones I then tossed in with this and the ones I will with the other mentioned releases. Use any of it how you want as usual, I'm only pleased if any of you gets something at all out of what I put in. I did a bit of this intentionally thinking about that exactly as it was, not just this vehicle either but stuff you guys could use for other things be it just texturing a male basic or copying over properly set up Stencil properties/Animated textures. Whatever helps.

Podmark

Very nice. I like all the variations, including the different drivers.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page