News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Skope Missing Handle Help

Started by crimsonquill, December 05, 2014, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimsonquill

While I have been testing out my characters in game I just realized something..

The Blob skope that I've been using is fairly small compared to what it should be (note: The Blob is a mesh taken from X-Men Legends and skoped onto Male_Rotund2) since he should be fairly large.. almost Hulk/Juggernaut size but when he is currently standing next to my Ultimate Captain America he seems almost shorter and kinda less threatening.

Is there anyone willing to help me add a handle node to the Blob skope I'm using? This is one skope excercise that I'm totally clueless about.

- CQ

"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

SickAlice

I don't have the Activision Blob that RD converted so I'll use Beyonder's Blob which also doesn't have a handle. The effect will work the same either way.

1. Open up male_basic_effects or any nif you know has an unaltered handle. Select the handle and copy it (Copy Branch).
2. Open up "X" (Blob in example). Click on the Scene Root. Paste the handle there (Paste Branch).
3. If you open the handle (+ sign) you'll find it has a Biped01 in it. That's the biped/skeleton system from the donor mesh. You don't want this so lets get rid of it.
4. Make Block Details visible if they aren't already (View menu). Click on handle. Scroll down until find Children. Open (+ sign) that. You'll see the second Biped01 in there proceeded by it's reference number.
5. Change the reference number to match the original Biped01's, in this case the number is 3. When you do this the second Biped system will spit out at the end of the file.
6. Delete the second Biped system that spit out at the end of the file (Delete Branch).

That's it. You can now proceed to manipulate the size and position of the work properly and/or save the file.

Cyber Burn

Thanks for posting this SA, I had to scrap a couple of Skopes because they didn't have the "Handle" Node a while back, so this will be really helpful.

crimsonquill

SUCCESS!!!!  :thumbup:  Thank you, SA!

Now I have my Blob at the proper size and how he towers over my Thor like he should. :)

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

SickAlice

Welcome. It's pretty easy when you get it down. A trick even it is silly is I often put a piece of Scotch tape at the characters feet in Nifskope when I begin resizing. Making a mesh bigger or smaller is simple enough when using the handle, however making a mesh shorter or taller can get messy. That usually requires one resize nodes in the leg region and only a minor adjustment to the handle if any. The result of course is the character is no longer standing where they should be and in game either floats above the ground or sinks into it. The tape trick resolves that. After messing with wit whatever leg nodes, like reducing the size of the thighs for example to make one shorter, move the mesh down using the handle Translations and the tape as a guide to where the nif should stand.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: SickAlice on December 05, 2014, 06:46:52 PM
Welcome. It's pretty easy when you get it down. A trick even it is silly is I often put a piece of Scotch tape at the characters feet in Nifskope when I begin resizing. Making a mesh bigger or smaller is simple enough when using the handle, however making a mesh shorter or taller can get messy. That usually requires one resize nodes in the leg region and only a minor adjustment to the handle if any. The result of course is the character is no longer standing where they should be and in game either floats above the ground or sinks into it. The tape trick resolves that. After messing with wit whatever leg nodes, like reducing the size of the thighs for example to make one shorter, move the mesh down using the handle Translations and the tape as a guide to where the nif should stand.

If it works, it's not silly.  :P

Seriously though, that's actually a pretty good idea.

hoss20

If you click on Render and then check Draw Axes, you will get X, Y, and Z lines. The "X" axis will be the red horizontal line and most meshes will be standing level with it. Occasionally, I've come across some of Ink's meshes that don't align with the X axis, but I'm pretty sure everybody else is standing right on the line. This is what I've been using when I need to reposition meshes.

SickAlice

Useful. Never considered that, mainly as I use an old version of NS (seen above) for most of everything (black background versions record the full directory for imported objects into the nif for some reason, in other words an exploit right into my PC's hard drive) and those and nodes tend to be really hard for me to see. I use the newest version for moving particle nodes in contrast since I can barely see their position in the grey backed version.