MAKING THE FFX UTILITY BELT,BATMAN'S UTILITY BELT

Started by Red Fantom, December 10, 2014, 03:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Fantom

Is it possible to change the utility belt in order to suit more the needs of Gothams dark knight?Like putting into it like 50 batarangs,changing the number of smoke bombs,etc.My idea was basicly that itd be great if batman(as well as the rest of the bat family)could left off of gadgets at the end of the mission/making his energy count solely as physical stamina (also that way theres more space to fill the many combat moves these guys should have).                                                                                                                                                                           Also I think Ive never really introduced myself properly,(although i ve been reading around here for years/and wrote a couple of questions in the past)so ..hello everybody.

bearded

Yes, I have done this, it is possible. Play around with ffxedit, ffedit, and sometimes simply changing the fx will work.

lion23dj

Red Fantom

I ve been searching around ffedit,ffx manuals and even some scripts and couldnt find how to do this  :banghead: ,I am pretty sure there is no way of multiplying the number of mines in the utility belt attribute through ffedit or ffx control center..so, does anyone really know how to do this?(and care to explain how we do it too?)

spydermann93

I don't know how to do it myself, but couldn't you just place one batarang in the belt (replace something else with it, like the mine since Bats doesn't use those) and give it 50 uses to simulate a large number of batarangs?

Red Fantom

ok,but how do you change the number of uses in the first place?
                                                                                                      My goal is to simulate bats energy with his physical stamina/state,therefore in a case where he loses (somehow,dont know yet how)his utility belt,or manages to left out of any gadget(which should be hard)you get to use physical abilities ONLY
:cool:                                                                                                                                                                                           /in fact batman uses mine like explosives quite often(some short of explosive device that he usually puts into someone -who can take the explosion- and before they even know it bats is out of sight-detonating the explosives,also SEEN in the arkham game series)

mac402

Utility belt is not customisable per se, but it is defined in the main ffx.py script file. Here parts of the code responsible for the number of uses:

def equipffx_util_bomb(char):
    FFX_ObjectSetAttr(char,'smokebombs',3)
    addCommandChars('ffx_smoke_bomb',char,'onThrowSmokeBomb',30,0,char)
    RegTimer('smokebombcheck',1,0,char)

def equipffx_util_laser(char):
    FFX_ObjectSetAttr(char,'lasers',2)
    addCommandChars('ffx_laser_torch',char,'onLaserTorch',7,0,char)
    RegTimer('lasertorchcheck',1,0,char)

def equipffx_util_cuffs(char):
    FFX_ObjectSetAttr(char,'cuffs',2)
    addCommandChars('CUSTOM_CUFF',char,'onHandCuff',7,0,char)
    RegTimer('handcuffcheck',1,0,char)

def equipffx_util_medpack(char):
    FFX_ObjectSetAttr(char,'meds',3)
    addCommandChars('CUSTOM_MPHEAL',char,'onMedPack',5,0)
    RegTimer('medpackcheck',1,0,char)

def equipffx_util_tracker(char):
    Global_RegisterAttr('enhsenfx',-1)
    Global_RegisterAttr('enhsenfx2',-1)
    if not missionobjvar.Mission_VarExists('ffx_telepathyCS'): ###! cf "FOR MODDERS" above
        missionobjvar.Mission_SetVar('ffx_telepathyCS', '')
    FFX_ObjectSetAttr(char,'scans',2)
    Mission_CustomAction('CUSTOM_UTILSCAN',char,char,'OnUtilScan',4,0)

def equipffx_util_mine(char):
    FFX_ObjectSetAttr(char,'mines',4)
    FFX_ObjectSetAttr(char,'mdrop',0)
    addCommandChars('CUSTOM_DROP_MINE',char,'OnDropMine',5,0)
    RegTimer('limpetminecheck',1,0,char)

For batarangs etc. you could use the weapon bearer attribute (you can read about weapons in FFX Manual). Of course you can also edit the main script further if you feel up to it.