News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

A new (feline) addition to the family

Started by Glitch Girl, December 22, 2014, 05:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitch Girl

It's been over two years, but I finally have a new roomie, so to speak.

Last Saturday, I went to the local Humane Society and selected a large 3yr old black cat who was very affectionate and calm.  Of course, the "calm" part didn't last when it came time to put her in a carrier, and initally, she was a little freaked by her new surroundings, so much so that for the first evening, I wondered if I had a cat at all (she is very good at hiding).  By sunday morning though, she was snuggling with me on the couch so I think things will work out well.

Though originally named "Ashley", I hav dubbed her "Shuri" after T'challa's sister because I am a nerd :)

She's about 13 lbs, over twice what Rogue (you knew her as Glitch Cat) weighed, but has the cutest, tiniest meow. 

Pictures are forthcoming as soon as I can get her to sit still long enough for a decent shot.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Uncle Yuan

And just in time to spoil rotten for Christmas!  Congrats on your new friend!
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

thalaw2

Congratulations!  When we first got our cat about a year ago it hid for 3 days or more behind the washing machine.  Time and hunger sure does do a lot to change a cat's attitude.  Especially hunger.  Now she can't stand to be in a room alone.
革命不会被电视转播

Glitch Girl

She's past the constant hiding stage thankfully (and she ate the first night while I was asleep).  She's still a little skittish, but she's also aggressively cuddly once she warm up to you.  She keeps rubbing up against the camera when I try to take a shot of her.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

SickAlice

Deaths Jester

Blast it!  I thought you said I was going to be the next pet you were going to adopt for cuddling, GG?!?!?!

Joking aside, nice to see kitty get saved from the shelter.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

MikeB7

Awww, yay.   :wub:  Love the 'getting to know you' stage.

Glitch Girl

Well, we survived the first trip to the vet.  I thought my previous cat didn't like being put into the carrier, but this one turns into a gelatinous ball of claws, urine, and determination.  I had to change clothes and dress a few wounds once I got her in the box.

Sadly, she's having some kind of allergic reaction on her belly.  The doctor think it might be to the synthetic fiber in the carpet.  We're still investigating, but despite the rash, she is in good health.

She likes sleeping by my head at night.  And if she sees any sign of movement, she thinks "Ah the big person must be awake, PETTING TIME!!!"  It's cute, but it is cutting into my sleep time. 

Finally got a decent picture of her to which I'll post when I get a chance to DL it.
-Glitch Girl

thalaw2

We got a top loading carrier for our cat.  This way we're able to carry her and place her inside, then it becomes a race to zip the thing closed before she can turn over and get out. 
革命不会被电视转播

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Alaric

Congratulations! Shuri's a beautiful cat!
Fear the "A"!!!

BentonGrey

Yay!  Congratulations on the new kitty GG!  I hope that once all the settling in is over she'll work out great!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Deaths Jester

The cat is still getting more attention from GG than me?!?!?!  Blast it......:P
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

SickAlice

It sounds weak I know but I find bribes work best. A little chicken and tuna go a long. Peanut is an utter hellion and I'm being generous. But I got him inline and also calm during travel (we do a lot of this) with the just the simple gesture. All else fails turn to the water spray bottle. It's gotten to the point I don't actually need the bottle anymore. I just grab any inanimate object, make the spray bottle motion and imitate the sound while he humbles himself and sits pretty. He's turning into quite the overweight neck-less pear of course, but I guess you can't win em all.

Silver Shocker

Aww, I only just now saw this. That's a nice cat.

Glad to hear you're happy with your new cat, GG. Every cat I've had hid when they first arrived, so it's not surprising.

My cat loves to fish for attention too.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa