News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 5

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, December 26, 2014, 11:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Yuan

Character cards aren't destroyed, they're incapacitated, so La Cap can't steal them.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

catwhowalksbyhimself

Actually, Tempest can also heal and has the card needed for doing so in his hand.

I'll need a final decision on Unity's turn soonish.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Uncle Yuan

Cleansing Downpour is hands down the best heal in the game (IMHO).  It also works nice since Tempest has so many big one-shot damage cards that he can still likely do a bit hit on his play and not miss using his power for the heal.  Dr. Medico is also a great healer, but it's more burst healing.  Tempest is the steady healer.

Glitch Girl

Going with the draw 2 as I attempt to cobble together something useful.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Outcast

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on January 13, 2015, 11:18:02 PM
Cleansing Downpour is hands down the best heal in the game (IMHO).  It also works nice since Tempest has so many big one-shot damage cards that he can still likely do a bit hit on his play and not miss using his power for the heal.  Dr. Medico is also a great healer, but it's more burst healing.  Tempest is the steady healer.

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on January 13, 2015, 10:10:33 PM
Actually, Tempest can also heal and has the card needed for doing so in his hand.

I know. I'm just worried it might get destroyed by either Plunder, Raiding Party or Mable.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Unity draws
Spoiler

Construction Pylon: Equipment--Power: Put up to 2 Mechanical Golems from hand into play and destroy this card.
Flash Forge: One-Shot--Discard any number of cards. Search your deck for X Mechanical Golems and/or Equipment cards and put them into your hand, where X = the number of cards you discarded. Shuffle your deck.

It is now the Environment's turn.   At the start of the turn, a player may discard his entire hand to destroy an environment card.  Since there's no reason to do this yet, I'll take the liberty of assuming the answer is no and moving on.

The Environment now plays Training Simulator: Room--At the start of the Environment turn, move a Villain target from the Villain trash into play.

During the fight, one of Tempest's electrical bolts shorts out the control computer of the training room.  Mistaking the fight for a training simulation, it begins preparing robot duplicates of defeated crew members.

It is now La Capitan's turn. She plays Captain's Orders: Ongoing--At the end of the Villain turn, the Villain Target with the lowest HP deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP (H) minus 1 Melee Damage.

Cap hits either Expat or Unity for 4 damage.

Who wants it?

EDIT:  Actually doesn't matter.  Silly me.  Cap hits one for 4, and Trueshot hits the other for the same amount.
Siege-Breaker hits Parse and Tempest for 3 each.
Captain's Orders makes Siege-Breaker hit Idealist for 4.

"She's their weak point", La Capitan cried, pointing at Idealist, "take her down, now!"

And that makes it Tempest's turn.

Effects in play:

Side:The Corsair
Spoiler

Side A--The Corsair
At the start of the Villain turn, if there are 3 or more cards under this card, flip La Capitán's Villain Character card.Whenever a Hero card is destroyed by a Villain card, put it under this card.At the end of the Villain turn, La Capitán deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Projectile Damage.

Side B--Split Across Time
At the start of the Villain turn, each Villain Target regains X HP, where X = the number of cards under this card. Whenever La Capitán would be dealt Damage, move a card from under this card to the appropriate trash. If you do, prevent that damage. At the end of the Villain turn, if there are no cards under this card, flip La Capitán's Villain Character card.
HP: 68/75 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
Captain's Orders
Trueshot--9/9
Siege-Breaker--8/10
Spoiler

Captain's Orders: Ongoing--At the end of the Villain turn, the Villain Target with the lowest HP deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP (H) minus 1 Melee Damage.
Siege-Breaker: 10 hp, Crew, Cavaliere--Reduce Damage dealt to this card by 1.At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the 2 Hero Targets with the highest HP (H) minus 2 Irreducible Fire Damage each.
Trueshot: 9 hp, Crew, Amazon--At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Projectile Damage.Whenever a Hero card is played, this card regains (H) minus 1 HP.

HP: 18/26 Highest Hero Target
Available Powers: Squall: Tempest deals all non-Hero Targets 1 Projectile Damage.

In Play: Electrical Storm
Spoiler

Electrical Storm:Ongoing, Limited--At the start of your turn, Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 1 Lightning Damage.

Hand:
Spoiler

Shielding Winds:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 2.
Cleansing Downpour: Ongoing--Power: Each Hero Target regains 2 HP.
Reclaim from the Deep: One-Shot--Each player may take a card from their trash and put it on top of their Hero deck. You may draw a card.
Into the Stratosphere: One-Shot--Select 1 non-indestructible Villain card in play, other than a Character card, and put it on top of the Villain deck.Tempest deals the Villain Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.

Writhe
HP: 14/14
Power: Extract--Power: Reveal the bottom card of a deck. Discard it or put it on the top of that deck.

Doctor Medico
HP: 13/13
Power: M.D.--1 Hero Target regains 3 HP.

Mainstay
Power: Block--Power: Reduce Damage dealt to all your Hero Targets by 1 until the start of your next turn.

Idealist
HP: 7/11 Lowest Hero Target
Power: Telekinetic Jab--Power: The Idealist deals 1 Target 2 Psychic Damage.

In Play: None
Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and Writhe is active, destroy that Target.
Restorative Burst: One-Shot--If Dr. Medico is active, you may flip one of your incapacitated Heroes and restore it to 3 HP.Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Dark Delusions: One-Shot--If Writhe is active, he deals each Villain Target 2 Infernal Damage. If the Idealist is active, she deals 1 Target 3 Psychic Damage.
Caliginous Form: Ongoing, Signature--The first time Writhe would be dealt Damage each turn, reduce that Damage by 2 and redirect it to the Villain Target with the highest HP.

HP: 17/26

Available Powers
Pinpoint Shot: Parse deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage.

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Impossible Shot: One-Shot--Parse deals 1 target 3 irreducible projectile damage. Draw 1 card.
Targeting Arrow: One-Shot--Parse deals 1 Target 1 Irreducible Projectile Damage.Increase Damage dealt to that Target by 1 until the start of your turn.
Gauge: Ongoing--Power: Look at the top card of a deck. Put it on the top or bottom of that deck. You may draw 1 card.
Quick Calculation: One-Shot--Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put 1 on the bottom of your deck and the other 2 in your hand.

HP: 18/29 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers
Load: Play a card.
Assault Rifle: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each.

In Play:  Assault Rifle
Spoiler

Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

Hand:
Spoiler

Tactical Shotgun:Equipment, Limited, Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Shock Rounds: Equipment, Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.When that card's Power is used to Damage a Target, Expatriette deals all non-Hero Targets 1 Lightning Damage. After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Liquid Nitrogen Rounds: Equipment,Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.Change that card's Damage type to Cold. After that card's Power is used to Damage a Target, reduce Damage dealt by that Target by 1 until the start of your next turn. After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Quick Draw: One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either "Pride" or "Prejudice" and put it into play.If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.

HP: 18/26 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers
Bot-Hack: Destroy 1 Equipment card. If you do, put a Mechanical Golem from hand into play.

Ongoings and Equipment In Play: None
Spoiler

Active Golems: None
Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Construction Pylon: Equipment--Power: Put up to 2 Mechanical Golems from hand into play and destroy this card.
Flash Forge: One-Shot--Discard any number of cards. Search your deck for X Mechanical Golems and/or Equipment cards and put them into your hand, where X = the number of cards you discarded. Shuffle your deck.
Bee Bot: 1 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase.When this card is destroyed, Unity deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage, and you may destroy 1 Ongoing or Environmental card.
Inspired Repair: One-Shot--You may draw a card.You may play a card.Each Mechanical Golem regains 3 HP.
Powered Shock Wave: One-Shot--Unity deals each Villain Target X Lightning Damage, where X = the number of Mechanical Golems in play plus 1.
Raptor Bot: 2 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase.At the end of your turn, this card deals 1 Target X Melee Damage, where X = the number of Mechanical Golems in play plus 1.

Cards in Play: Security Station, Training Simulator

Spoiler

Security Station: Room--At the start of the Environment turn, a player may discard their hand to destroy an Environment card.
Training Simulator: Room--At the start of the Environment turn, move a Villain target from the Villain trash into play.

Outcast

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on January 14, 2015, 01:15:17 AM
It is now La Capitan's turn. She plays Captain's Orders: Ongoing--At the end of the Villain turn, the Villain Target with the lowest HP deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP (H) minus 1 Melee Damage.

Cap hits either Expat or Unity for 4 damage.

Who wants it?

I think the lowest HP would be Idealist?

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on January 14, 2015, 01:15:17 AM

It is now the Environment's turn.   At the start of the turn, a player may discard his entire hand to destroy an environment card.  Since there's no reason to do this yet, I'll take the liberty of assuming the answer is no and moving on.

The Environment now plays Training Simulator: Room--At the start of the Environment turn, move a Villain target from the Villain trash into play.

During the fight, one of Tempest's electrical bolts shorts out the control computer of the training room.  Mistaking the fight for a training simulation, it begins preparing robot duplicates of defeated crew members.

Ok. We will need to take that training simulation out before it brings back all the crew members back from the dead one by one. Good thing one of us just needs to discard a card to get rid of it.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Outcast on January 14, 2015, 01:26:49 AM
I think the lowest HP would be Idealist?

It would, but end of turn things resolve in order played, and La Captian was the first villain card in the game, so her end of turn damage happens first, and it hits the highest.

Anyhow, edited and corrected villain turn now available, since I failed to realize whichever one was hit first, Trueshot would just hit the other for the same amount.

Outcast

I see. So that was for La Capitan's base attack for the highest hero HP.

I can discard my Quick Calculation card to destroy Training Simulator. I think i would still need my Gauge card after the La Capitan's deck has been reshuffled.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Outcast on January 14, 2015, 01:37:34 AM
I see. So that was for La Capitan's base attack for the highest hero HP.

I can discard my Quick Calculation card to destroy Training Simulator. I think i would still need my Gauge card after the La Capitan's deck has been reshuffled.
If you mean using Security Station, you could have to discard your entire hand, not just one card.  It's a good option, but a costly one.

Deaths Jester

As I'll have the easiest hand to discard at the beginning of the Enviroments turn, I'll be the one to junk Training Room.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Outcast

Quote from: Deaths Jester on January 14, 2015, 02:24:24 AM
As I'll have the easiest hand to discard at the beginning of the Enviroments turn, I'll be the one to junk Training Room.

I think it would hurt less if you could bring out all your equipment/gun cards during your turn and leaving the ammo cards by the time it's the Environment's turn. But that could mean using your turn to "Load" the equipment instead of attacking.

With that, i think we might as well bring out most of our ongoing cards like Cleansing downpour ,Gauge, or Construction Pylon if we are to wait for the deck to reshuffle before taking out the other crew members?

Unity's Bee Bot can draw enemy fire away from Idealist and destroy Captain's orders by next round. But depending on the next enemy draw, the number of cards getting sucked under would be a minimum of 5. If we get lucky and it's Plunder, then a total of 4 cards will be under La Capitan. I can use Gauge to make sure it's not Raiding Party.

Or should we take out at least Siege Breaker this round?

I think The Sentinels, Parse, and Unity can take out Siege Breaker this round.

Reepicheep

Given that most of my cards are supportive rather than damaging anyway, I will indeed play Cleansing Downpour regardless of what tactic we choose.

And, hmm, I'll play it too. My squall won't hurt Siege Breaker anyway.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Forgot to do Lightning Storm damage, which I have now fixed.

You draw
Spoiler

Chain Lightning:One-Shot--Tempest deals 1 Target 4 Lightning Damage. Tempest may deal a second Target 3 Lightning Damage. Tempest may deal a third Target 2 Lightning Damage.

It is now the Sentinels' turn.

Effects in play:

Side:The Corsair
Spoiler

Side A--The Corsair
At the start of the Villain turn, if there are 3 or more cards under this card, flip La Capitán's Villain Character card.Whenever a Hero card is destroyed by a Villain card, put it under this card.At the end of the Villain turn, La Capitán deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Projectile Damage.

Side B--Split Across Time
At the start of the Villain turn, each Villain Target regains X HP, where X = the number of cards under this card. Whenever La Capitán would be dealt Damage, move a card from under this card to the appropriate trash. If you do, prevent that damage. At the end of the Villain turn, if there are no cards under this card, flip La Capitán's Villain Character card.
HP: 67/75 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
Captain's Orders
Trueshot--9/9
Siege-Breaker--8/10
Spoiler

Captain's Orders: Ongoing--At the end of the Villain turn, the Villain Target with the lowest HP deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP (H) minus 1 Melee Damage.
Siege-Breaker: 10 hp, Crew, Cavaliere--Reduce Damage dealt to this card by 1.At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the 2 Hero Targets with the highest HP (H) minus 2 Irreducible Fire Damage each.
Trueshot: 9 hp, Crew, Amazon--At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Projectile Damage.Whenever a Hero card is played, this card regains (H) minus 1 HP.

HP: 20/26 Highest Hero Target
Available Powers:
Squall: Tempest deals all non-Hero Targets 1 Projectile Damage.
Cleansing Downpour: Each Hero Target regains 2 HP.

In Play: Electrical Storm, Cleansing Downpour
Spoiler

Cleansing Downpour: Ongoing--Power: Each Hero Target regains 2 HP.
Electrical Storm:Ongoing, Limited--At the start of your turn, Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 1 Lightning Damage.

Hand:
Spoiler

Chain Lightning:One-Shot--Tempest deals 1 Target 4 Lightning Damage. Tempest may deal a second Target 3 Lightning Damage. Tempest may deal a third Target 2 Lightning Damage.
Shielding Winds:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 2.
Reclaim from the Deep: One-Shot--Each player may take a card from their trash and put it on top of their Hero deck. You may draw a card.
Into the Stratosphere: One-Shot--Select 1 non-indestructible Villain card in play, other than a Character card, and put it on top of the Villain deck.Tempest deals the Villain Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.

Writhe
Power: Extract--Power: Reveal the bottom card of a deck. Discard it or put it on the top of that deck.

Doctor Medico
HP: 13/13
Power: M.D.--1 Hero Target regains 3 HP.

Mainstay
Power: Block--Power: Reduce Damage dealt to all your Hero Targets by 1 until the start of your next turn.

Idealist
HP: 9/11 Lowest Hero Target
Power: Telekinetic Jab--Power: The Idealist deals 1 Target 2 Psychic Damage.

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and Writhe is active, destroy that Target.
Restorative Burst: One-Shot--If Dr. Medico is active, you may flip one of your incapacitated Heroes and restore it to 3 HP.Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Dark Delusions: One-Shot--If Writhe is active, he deals each Villain Target 2 Infernal Damage. If the Idealist is active, she deals 1 Target 3 Psychic Damage.
Caliginous Form: Ongoing, Signature--The first time Writhe would be dealt Damage each turn, reduce that Damage by 2 and redirect it to the Villain Target with the highest HP.

HP: 19/26

Available Powers
Pinpoint Shot: Parse deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage.

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Impossible Shot: One-Shot--Parse deals 1 target 3 irreducible projectile damage. Draw 1 card.
Targeting Arrow: One-Shot--Parse deals 1 Target 1 Irreducible Projectile Damage.Increase Damage dealt to that Target by 1 until the start of your turn.
Gauge: Ongoing--Power: Look at the top card of a deck. Put it on the top or bottom of that deck. You may draw 1 card.
Quick Calculation: One-Shot--Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put 1 on the bottom of your deck and the other 2 in your hand.

HP: 20/29 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers
Load: Play a card.
Assault Rifle: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each.

In Play:  Assault Rifle
Spoiler

Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

Hand:
Spoiler

Tactical Shotgun:Equipment, Limited, Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Shock Rounds: Equipment, Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.When that card's Power is used to Damage a Target, Expatriette deals all non-Hero Targets 1 Lightning Damage. After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Liquid Nitrogen Rounds: Equipment,Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.Change that card's Damage type to Cold. After that card's Power is used to Damage a Target, reduce Damage dealt by that Target by 1 until the start of your next turn. After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Quick Draw: One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either "Pride" or "Prejudice" and put it into play.If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.

HP: 20/26 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers
Bot-Hack: Destroy 1 Equipment card. If you do, put a Mechanical Golem from hand into play.

Ongoings and Equipment In Play: None
Spoiler

Active Golems: None
Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Bee Bot: 1 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase.When this card is destroyed, Unity deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage, and you may destroy 1 Ongoing or Environmental card.
Inspired Repair: One-Shot--You may draw a card.You may play a card.Each Mechanical Golem regains 3 HP.
Powered Shock Wave: One-Shot--Unity deals each Villain Target X Lightning Damage, where X = the number of Mechanical Golems in play plus 1.
Raptor Bot: 2 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase.At the end of your turn, this card deals 1 Target X Melee Damage, where X = the number of Mechanical Golems in play plus 1.

Cards in Play: Security Station, Training Simulator

Spoiler

Security Station: Room--At the start of the Environment turn, a player may discard their hand to destroy an Environment card.
Training Simulator: Room--At the start of the Environment turn, move a Villain target from the Villain trash into play.

Uncle Yuan

So, is Siege-Breaker the target this turn?  For the time being it's going to be nearly impossible to get ahead of Trueshot's heal.  Having Parse tag her with Targeting Arrow would actually be a huge help, but I feel like her next best play is to get Gauge out and use it.  But Outcast, you've been tracking La Cap better than me - if you feel you're likely to loose Gauge no matter what you do, then Impossible Shot + Pinpoint Shot can do in Siege-Breaker once I'm done with him.

Outcast

Ok. Here's the deal.

I may have underestimated the Plunder card and didn't read it in full. It's much more powerful than i anticipated. It basically destroys ongoing/equipment cards equivalent to the number of crew members in play plus 1. Not to mention healing each villain 2 HP.

(scenario 1) So if that card plays next and we haven't gotten rid on Siege Breaker, we lose 3 ongoing/equipment cards.
But if we did manage to get rid of Siege Breaker, we get to lose only 2. This is the still the card that has the lesser evil.

(scenario 2) Next possible card, the crew member Amazing Mable. It destroys 1 ongoing/equipment card per turn and plays the next top card. This card has a 50/50 chance to be better or worse.

(a)If it's Raiding Party, that destroys another 1 making the total number that we lose to 2. Plunder will be discarded then.

(b)But if the next card is Plunder, we sacrifice a total of 5 ongoing/equipment cards if Siege Breaker is still in play.
If Siege Breaker's gone, we sacrifice a total of 4.

(scenario 3)  The last card that we don't want to play is Raiding Party. It plays all 3 remaining cards at once by bringing out Mable first then Mable bringing out Plunder.

Thereby destroying a total of 6* ongoing/equipment cards if Siege Breaker is still there. *(that could mean all our cards in play)

Destroying a total of 5 if Siege Breaker is knocked out already.

And don't forget, all those destroyed cards the next round will get suck under La Capitan corsair card to heal and ignore damage. 2 cards are already there.

Now, we have 3 ongoing / equipment cards in play. *If i bring out Gauge and Expat brings out 2 more of his Guns/Equipment, that will bring our total to 6*.

Gauge can be used just to make sure scenario 3/Raiding Party doesn't happen. But then i won't be able to help with the attack against Siege Breaker. Expat can help instead but he would then be able to bring out 1 gun/equipment and the rest will be discarded (to destroy the Training Simulator). If the Sentinels do a full attack (no healing by Dr. Medico), i think they can bring Siege Breaker down with Expat and Unity's help.

Reepicheep

Well, hmm.

I can't help but dread that the worst case scenario will occur over the next few rounds anyway. The nasties have to come out eventually and we'll still suffer the same net loss, if not similar.

What are the chances that we can prevent or eliminate the losses? Would it be better to suffer the worst case scenario this round and admit the losses, so we can recover from one large attack instead of trying to endure three smaller, but accumulative ones?

Let me know if there is a hole in my thinking because I hate to herald doom.

Outcast

Well, actually i think i may have a hole in my thinking for scenario 3.

That worst case scenario will only happen IF Mable was the next card after Raiding Party.

Otherwise if Plunder goes after Raiding Party, it gets discarded and we only lose 2 ongoing/equipment cards

So there's also a 50/50 chance even if it's Raiding Party, that the worst will not happen but something good even.

So both scenario 2 and 3 have 50% chances of discarding Plunder and we end up only losing 2 cards.

If Plunder were to go first, we lose a net total of 5 or 4 but slowly.

So should i still use Gauge and avoid Raiding Party? Would you guys be ok with Plunder on top if i check that it is on top. Because i might still lose it in the following rounds...hmmm....still the chances of getting the worst case scenario is something i do like to avoid.

There might be another way if we're lucky. Writhe can use his power to check the bottom of the card and

if we're lucky and it's plunder he can discard it. I can check the top card on my turn and if it's Raiding Party put it on the bottom. Next round Mable goes into play we lose 1 ongoing/equipment card. On Sentinels turn, Writhe can get rid of Raiding Party.

If it's Amazing Mable, he can discard it as well. I can then check on the top card if it's Plunder. If it is Plunder i can put it on the bottom. Then Raiding Party plays out destroying only 1 ongoing/equipment card and discarding Plunder!

But if it's Raiding Party and he discards it. I can check the top card to see if it's Mable and put her at the bottom so she doesn't play Plunder. Plunder gets played we lose 3 ongoing cards since Siege Breaker will still be up. And lose another one when Mable right after.

But if it's Raiding Party and he discards it. I can check the top card to see if it's Mable and put her back on top so Plunder doesn't get to play. Mable plays out we lose 1 ongoing/equipment card. But Writhe can discard the bottom card which is Plunder.

Question: If by next round one or more cards gets destroyed and get sucked under, when does La Capitan flip? Does she flip in that same round? or would it still be the next?

Reepicheep

At this point, I would rather us lose hp than lose our ongoing cards. We're still reasonably well off.

That being said, if Yuan agrees to check the bottom card and we get lucky, I'm happy to be scapegoat to those two cards we could lose. I seem to operate off one-shots a bit more often so can stand to lose them, whereas that is unaffordable to Expat or Unity.

Otherwise, it looks like your damage control should operate pretty well. We can guarantee that Plunder doesn't get played.

Remember that Mable doesn't play another card until the following turn. That gives us a chance to knock her out before that happens and only lose one at the end of this round. How much hp should we expect? I may be wrong, but with your two skills I'm sure we can rig the deck to make sure that she's on top. Yuan removes one card this round, play mable, lose one ongoing and Yuan can destroy the final card next round.

(Edit, that is: assuming she isn't at the bottom. Otherwise putting raiding party on top would help us out best)

(Edit 2: Just checked. Mable has 6hp. Peasy.)

If Unity puts a bot into play this round, is there any way we can also save it from Captain's Orders? Edit: Scratch that. Just saw the description for bee bot.

Outcast

Quote from: Reepicheep on January 14, 2015, 05:46:16 PM
Remember that Mable doesn't play another card until the following turn.

If this is true, then you're right. We can guarantee Plunder doesn't get played and we will only lose 1 ongoing/equipment card.

While Writhe maybe busy doing some damage control, i think we can save some of our one shots to take out Mable when and if she comes in, by using either Tempest's Squall, Expat's Tactical Shotgun/Assault Rifle,Parse's Pinpoint shot and Unity may have still a bot left in play.

Uncle Yuan

If Writhe goes scouting I will only be able to do a total of 3 damage to Siege-Breaker since I won't be using Idealist to attack.  We should be fine if Expat shotguns for net -3 and Unity gets Chomps out which can do net -2.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Mr Chomps is what Unity calls her favorite Raptor bot, in case you were wondering.

Reepicheep

Quote from: Outcast on January 15, 2015, 12:02:12 AM
Quote from: Reepicheep on January 14, 2015, 05:46:16 PM
Remember that Mable doesn't play another card until the following turn.

If this is true, then you're right. We can guarantee Plunder doesn't get played and we will only lose 1 ongoing/equipment card.

While Writhe maybe busy doing some damage control, i think we can save some of our one shots to take out Mable when and if she comes in, by using either Tempest's Squall, Expat's Tactical Shotgun/Assault Rifle,Parse's Pinpoint shot and Unity may have still a bot left in play.

I think I'm right. Mable's card plays another card at the start of the villain turn, so she would have to survive a round.

I'll knock off 4hp with chain lightning. No problem.

I think we've asked this, but does Sentinel's nemesis bonus count on the crew? Not that it matters too much. We can still damage control and knock out Siege-Breaker for a very effective round!

catwhowalksbyhimself

The crew do not have the nemesis symbol.  No deck cards of any normal villain deck do.  A couple of Environment deck cards do, but it.  There's a special type of villain that does, but we haven't gotten to them yet.

Reepicheep

Uncle Yuan

I'd forgotten about the nemesis bonus!  I don't think I've done any direct damage to La Cap yet, though.  But I'm about to . . .

Nearly as soon as Dr. Medico moves to examine his injured ward Tempest's healing storm washes over the party.  As the Idealist's wound begin to wash away Medico gives his Maerynian ally a nod of thanks.  Turning back to his  enemy Dr. Medico says quietly, "All right, Writhe, time to get a little bit of control of this scene back - please go scouting.  And if you did some damage on the way in I would not cry about it."  Writhe grins and his eyes narrow as he gathers himself, then launches like an arrow straight at La Capitan's head.  Small inky barbs shoot towards Siege-Breaker and Trueshot as he passes through La Capitan's forehead and emerges out the other side with a brightly glowing pearl of thought in his hand.  He studies the captured thought for a moment before crushing it between his fingers.  A brief look of confusion passes across La Capitan's features before she throws herself back into battle.

With a look of determination (and a quiet grunt of pain) Idealist pushes herself to her feet.  "I'm fine, pops, I mean Doc.  And I have this looser's number!"  A swirl of luminescent blue marbles spring from her hand and land with a clatter at the feet of Siege-Breaker, still staggering from Writhe's black dart.  With a cry of surprise the huge pirate's feet fly out from under him and he hits the ground with a bone-jarring thud.

(Play Dark Delusions, Power Extract - discard Plunder)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Bottom card is Plunder: One-Shot--Destroy X Hero Ongoing and/or Equipment cards, where X = the number of Crew cards in play plus 1.Each Villain Target regains 2 HP.

Normally I'd just move on to the next turn, but with some of Parse's card, it actually does matter what is done to that card, so I'll hold for now.

Uncle Yuan

OK, so here's my thoughts - if Siege-Breaker goes down then we loose two cards (Trueshot +1) and La Cap regains 2 HP. (As it's been going, Trueshot may or may not regain HP).  That will give La Cap 4 cards total, but a bot will probably go down to Captain's Orders, thus 5.  (On the plus side that bot will probably be the Bee Bot which would allow Unity to kill Captain's Orders.)  Now, on the one hand loosing two cards is a bummer but not crippling.  On the other La Cap will have a 5 hit shield - this is more problematic.  On the gripping hand this will give us a known quantity for the next villain turn and allow Parse to use her turn to attack - this will could take out Siege-Breaker and allow Parse and Unity to get a few licks in on La Cap before she flips.

Outcast

Hmmm...are you saying you want to put Plunder on top instead of discarding it? And that i don't use Gauge but help take out Siege Breaker? Sacrificing 2 cards?

I think this will only give Expat either a chance to deal more damage to La Capitan or bring out most of his guns out. But those guns might be destroyed though eventually if i don't use Gauge and if you put Plunder on top.

If i'm right, there will still be 2 more cards that will be destroyed by Mable and Raiding Party.

But if you discard Plunder and i use Gauge to make sure Mable is on top and not Raiding Party, we stand to lose only 1 card.  Plus a bot perhaps. (Since you can use Extract again to discard the remaining bottom card Raiding Party, the trash pile would then be reshuffled back to form La Cap's deck again. So after that, we won't know what will come next even if i use Gauge.) La Captain will then flip to her other side with a hit shield/healing of 4 and True Shot will still be standing.

I think Expat and Unity can take out Siege Breaker.

On the other hand, if you don't Extract Raiding Party. At least we know what to expect, and gives us some time to use up La Capitan's hit shield. But sacrificing 1more ongoing/equipment card in the process.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Outcast on January 16, 2015, 04:19:23 AM
Hmmm...are you saying you want to put Plunder on top instead of discarding it? And that i don't use Gauge but help take out Siege Breaker? Sacrificing 2 cards?

I think this will only give Expat either a chance to deal more damage to La Capitan or bring out most of his guns out. But those guns might be destroyed though eventually if i don't use Gauge and if you put Plunder on top.

If i'm right, there will still be 2 more cards that will be destroyed by Mable and Raiding Party.

Perhaps eventually, but not this turn.  And we still have the option of doing deck manipulation on future turns.

QuoteBut if you discard Plunder and i use Gauge to make sure Mable is on top and not Raiding Party, we stand to lose only 1 card.  Plus a bot perhaps. (Since you can use Extract again to discard the remaining bottom card Raiding Party, the trash pile would then be reshuffled back to form La Cap's deck again. So after that, we won't know what will come next even if i use Gauge.) La Captain will then flip to her other side with a hit shield/healing of 4 and True Shot will still be standing.

I'm not tracking the villain deck this closely.  You seem to be saying the villain deck currently contains only three cards and they are Plunder, Mable, and Raiding Party?  Have we really run through 22 villain cards already?  If so, then the other benefit to playing Plunder is that it pushes back La Cap shuffling her deck for another round or two - and once she shuffles her deck we actually loose a lot of ability to control her deck, and all crew and the ship (and all of those nasty one-shots) are ready to return to play.  If you had Extrasensory Awareness available I'd be more comfortable with her shuffling as that would give us some real deck control.

QuoteI think Expat and Unity can take out Siege Breaker.

On the other hand, if you don't Extract Raiding Party. At least we know what to expect, and gives us some time to use up La Capitan's hit shield. But sacrificing 1more ongoing/equipment card in the process.

Yeah, all of this seems to be hinging on loosing one more card to her shield.  And if she really does have only three cards in her deck currently, then I honestly think having another turn before she shuffles means this is a good trade off.

Cat, can you confirm Outcast's analysis?