News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 5

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, December 26, 2014, 11:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outcast

Hmmm....so can i still use Between the Lines to make Idealist use her telekinetic jab once more? Or you simply cannot make the same hero use their base power or any power twice?

If i could still do that at least, and Unity releases her Raptor Bot, we could still sink that ship in this round.

If not i guess i'll have to settle for Quick Calculation and use my Base power to shoot one arrow to La Capitan's Timeship.

Parse makes a futile attempt to try and sink the La Paradoja Magnifica with her arrow. Cursing under her breath, Parse begins typing rapidly in her ipad as she tries to look for more options on how to deal with the threat of La Capitan and her ship.

Draw a card to end my turn.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You cannot use the same power twice in a given turn.  Idealist has not used her power on your turn, she used it on the Sentinels' turn, so yes, you could still do that. 

I'll need confirmation on whether you still wish to use Quick Calculation, or whether you wish to use Between the line.

Note--Since no one has played any equipment so far, either Expat will need to play something for Unity to use to built a bot, or Unity will have to play Volatile parts, then destroy it to create a bot.  Either way would work.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Outcast

Alright. Might as well try my best.

I'll use Parse's Between the Lines then for Idealist's Telekinetic Jab. Then follow it up with her base power Pinpoint Shot.

After the spectacular combination of attacks the Sentinels just used, Parse manages to signal the Idealist to make a similar two pronged attack of their own.

"Her timeship is severely weakened now. We can still sink that ship before it can bring in more reinforcements for La Capitan! It's up to you guys now."

Draws a card to end my turn.

catwhowalksbyhimself

As the Idealist has only one power and this was planned, I will assume that she does hit the ship, although UY can change that if he likes.

Parse draws
Spoiler
Targeting Arrow: One-Shot--Parse deals 1 Target 1 Irreducible Projectile Damage.Increase Damage dealt to that Target by 1 until the start of your turn.

It is Expat's turn

Effects in play:
Expatriette cannot use powers

Side:The Corsair
Spoiler

Side A--The Corsair
At the start of the Villain turn, if there are 3 or more cards under this card, flip La Capitán's Villain Character card.Whenever a Hero card is destroyed by a Villain card, put it under this card.At the end of the Villain turn, La Capitán deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Projectile Damage.

Side B--Split Across Time
At the start of the Villain turn, each Villain Target regains X HP, where X = the number of cards under this card. Whenever La Capitán would be dealt Damage, move a card from under this card to the appropriate trash. If you do, prevent that damage. At the end of the Villain turn, if there are no cards under this card, flip La Capitán's Villain Character card.
HP: 74 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
La Paradoja Magnifica--2 hp
Spoiler

La Paradoja Magnifica:15 hp, Relic, Timeship--At the end of the Villain turn, play the top card of the Villain deck. At the start of the Villain turn, shuffle the Villain trash into the Villain deck.

HP: 25
Available Powers: Squall: Tempest deals all non-Hero Targets 1 Projectile Damage.

In Play: Electrical Storm
Spoiler

Electrical Storm:Ongoing, Limited--At the start of your turn, Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 1 Lightning Damage.

Hand:
Spoiler

Cleansing Downpour: Ongoing--Power: Each Hero Target regains 2 HP.
Reclaim from the Deep: One-Shot--Each player may take a card from their trash and put it on top of their Hero deck. You may draw a card.
Lightning Slash:One-Shot--Tempest deals 1 Target 5 Lightning Damage.
Into the Stratosphere: One-Shot--Select 1 non-indestructible Villain card in play, other than a Character card, and put it on top of the Villain deck.Tempest deals the Villain Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.

Writhe
HP: 14
Power: Extract--Power: Reveal the bottom card of a deck. Discard it or put it on the top of that deck.

Doctor Medico
HP: 13
Power: M.D.--1 Hero Target regains 3 HP.

Mainstay
HP: 14
Power: Block--Power: Reduce Damage dealt to all your Hero Targets by 1 until the start of your next turn.

Idealist
HP: 11 Lowest Hero Target
Power: Telekinetic Jab--Power: The Idealist deals 1 Target 2 Psychic Damage.

In Play: None
Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and Writhe is active, destroy that Target.
Restorative Burst: One-Shot--If Dr. Medico is active, you may flip one of your incapacitated Heroes and restore it to 3 HP.Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Caliginous Form: Ongoing, Signature--The first time Writhe would be dealt Damage each turn, reduce that Damage by 2 and redirect it to the Villain Target with the highest HP.
Blackout: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage.If Writhe deals Damage this way, the Damaged Target then deals each non-Hero Target 2 Infernal Damage.

HP: 22

Available Powers
Pinpoint Shot: Parse deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage.

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Targeting Arrow: One-Shot--Parse deals 1 Target 1 Irreducible Projectile Damage.Increase Damage dealt to that Target by 1 until the start of your turn.
Between the Lines: One-Shot--One Hero may use a power now. If that power deals damage, that damage is irreducible.
Gauge: Ongoing--Power: Look at the top card of a deck. Put it on the top or bottom of that deck. You may draw 1 card.
Quick Calculation: One-Shot--Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put 1 on the bottom of your deck and the other 2 in your hand.

HP: 26 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers
Load: Play a card.

In Play:
Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Liquid Nitrogen Rounds: Equipment,Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.Change that card's Damage type to Cold. After that card's Power is used to Damage a Target, reduce Damage dealt by that Target by 1 until the start of your next turn. After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Quick Draw: One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either "Pride" or "Prejudice" and put it into play.If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.
Hairtrigger Reflexes: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever a non-Hero Target enters play, Expatriette may deal that Target 1 Projectile Damage.

HP: 26 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers
Bot-Hack: Destroy 1 Equipment card. If you do, put a Mechanical Golem from hand into play.

Ongoings In Play: None
Spoiler

Active Golems: None
Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Powered Shock Wave: One-Shot--Unity deals each Villain Target X Lightning Damage, where X = the number of Mechanical Golems in play plus 1.
Raptor Bot: 2 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase.At the end of your turn, this card deals 1 Target X Melee Damage, where X = the number of Mechanical Golems in play plus 1.
Swift Bot: 6   hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase.You may play an additional card during your play phase.You may draw an additional card during your draw phase.
Volatile Parts: Equipment--Whenever a Mechanical Golem is destroyed, Unity deals the non-Hero Target with the lowest HP 2 Fire Damage.

Cards in Play: None

Spoiler

Uncle Yuan

Cat, would you do me a favor and with the next turn summary add maximum HP for targets?  This can help me/us prioritize attacks and healing.  (Plus, it's just fun to know when you cross the half way point, 10% left, etc).
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on January 07, 2015, 10:43:30 AM
Cat, would you do me a favor and with the next turn summary add maximum HP for targets?  This can help me/us prioritize attacks and healing.  (Plus, it's just fun to know when you cross the half way point, 10% left, etc).

Sure

Glitch Girl

I know it's not my turn yet, but I have a quick question: can you destroy a card from your hand on your turn, or does it need to be played first, then destroyed the next round?
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Uncle Yuan

Destroy refers specifically to cards in play.  Discard refers to cards in your hand.

Deaths Jester

Expat intently watches the ship, waiting for foul minions to come wandering out. (Play Hairtrigger Reflexes, draw, and end my turn)
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Glitch Girl on January 08, 2015, 04:18:22 PM
I know it's not my turn yet, but I have a quick question: can you destroy a card from your hand on your turn, or does it need to be played first, then destroyed the next round?

As UY said, it has to be in play to destroy it, but there is no requirement to wait a turn to do so.  You may put it into play on your play phase, then immediately destroy it for you power phase, it just has to be played before you destroy it, even if it was just barely before.

So you could, for example, play Volatile Parts, then immediately use your power to destroy it to play a bot, then immediately use the bot, all on the same turn.

Speaking of your turn, Expat draws

Spoiler

Shock Rounds: Equipment, Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.When that card's Power is used to Damage a Target, Expatriette deals all non-Hero Targets 1 Lightning Damage. After that Power is used, destroy this card.

And now it is Unity's turn.

Effects in play:
Expatriette cannot use powers

Spoiler

Side A--The Corsair
At the start of the Villain turn, if there are 3 or more cards under this card, flip La Capitán's Villain Character card.Whenever a Hero card is destroyed by a Villain card, put it under this card.At the end of the Villain turn, La Capitán deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Projectile Damage.

At the start of the Villain turn, each Villain Target regains X HP, where X = the number of cards under this card. Whenever La Capitán would be dealt Damage, move a card from under this card to the appropriate trash. If you do, prevent that damage. At the end of the Villain turn, if there are no cards under this card, flip La Capitán's Villain Character card.
HP: 74/75 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
La Paradoja Magnifica--2/15 hp
Spoiler

La Paradoja Magnifica:15 hp, Relic, Timeship--At the end of the Villain turn, play the top card of the Villain deck. At the start of the Villain turn, shuffle the Villain trash into the Villain deck.

HP: 25/26
Available Powers: Squall: Tempest deals all non-Hero Targets 1 Projectile Damage.

Spoiler

Electrical Storm:Ongoing, Limited--At the start of your turn, Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 1 Lightning Damage.

Hand:
Spoiler

Reclaim from the Deep: One-Shot--Each player may take a card from their trash and put it on top of their Hero deck. You may draw a card.
Into the Stratosphere: One-Shot--Select 1 non-indestructible Villain card in play, other than a Character card, and put it on top of the Villain deck.Tempest deals the Villain Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.

Writhe
HP: 14/14
Power: Extract--Power: Reveal the bottom card of a deck. Discard it or put it on the top of that deck.

Doctor Medico
HP: 13/13

Mainstay
Power: Block--Power: Reduce Damage dealt to all your Hero Targets by 1 until the start of your next turn.

Idealist
HP: 11/11 Lowest Hero Target

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and Writhe is active, destroy that Target.
Restorative Burst: One-Shot--If Dr. Medico is active, you may flip one of your incapacitated Heroes and restore it to 3 HP.Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Caliginous Form: Ongoing, Signature--The first time Writhe would be dealt Damage each turn, reduce that Damage by 2 and redirect it to the Villain Target with the highest HP.
Blackout: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage.If Writhe deals Damage this way, the Damaged Target then deals each non-Hero Target 2 Infernal Damage.

HP: 22/26

Available Powers

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Between the Lines: One-Shot--One Hero may use a power now. If that power deals damage, that damage is irreducible.
Gauge: Ongoing--Power: Look at the top card of a deck. Put it on the top or bottom of that deck. You may draw 1 card.
Quick Calculation: One-Shot--Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put 1 on the bottom of your deck and the other 2 in your hand.

HP: 26/29 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers

In Play:  Hairtrigger Reflexes
Spoiler

Hairtrigger Reflexes: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever a non-Hero Target enters play, Expatriette may deal that Target 1 Projectile Damage.

Hand:
Spoiler

Shock Rounds: Equipment, Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.When that card's Power is used to Damage a Target, Expatriette deals all non-Hero Targets 1 Lightning Damage. After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Liquid Nitrogen Rounds: Equipment,Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.Change that card's Damage type to Cold. After that card's Power is used to Damage a Target, reduce Damage dealt by that Target by 1 until the start of your next turn. After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Quick Draw: One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either "Pride" or "Prejudice" and put it into play.If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.

HP: 26/26 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers
Bot-Hack: Destroy 1 Equipment card. If you do, put a Mechanical Golem from hand into play.

Ongoings In Play: None
Spoiler

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Powered Shock Wave: One-Shot--Unity deals each Villain Target X Lightning Damage, where X = the number of Mechanical Golems in play plus 1.
Raptor Bot: 2 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase.At the end of your turn, this card deals 1 Target X Melee Damage, where X = the number of Mechanical Golems in play plus 1.
Swift Bot: 6   hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase.You may play an additional card during your play phase.You may draw an additional card during your draw phase.
Volatile Parts: Equipment--Whenever a Mechanical Golem is destroyed, Unity deals the non-Hero Target with the lowest HP 2 Fire Damage.

Cards in Play: None

Spoiler

Glitch Girl

"Parts...parts...parts..." Unity mumbles to herself, rapidly searching around the area for something she can cobble into something useful.  "Gotta be something around here I can use..."

A large, still sparking chunk of the Timeship, knocked loose by the assasult, lands in front of her with a heavy "Ka-THUMP!"

Unity smiles.  "That'll work."

(play "Volatile Parts" and destroy it, turning it into a Swift Bot )
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

Unity draws

Spoiler

Bee Bot: 1 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase.When this card is destroyed, Unity deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage, and you may destroy 1 Ongoing or Environmental card.
Inspired Repair: One-Shot--You may draw a card.You may play a card.Each Mechanical Golem regains 3 HP.

It is now the Environment's turn.

Freedom Tower plays Entry Point:Play this card on a Room card. If there are no Room cards in play, reshuffle this card into the Environment deck and play the top card of the Environment deck. A card under this card has no game text. Increase damage dealt by Villain targets by 1.

There are no Rooms in play, so Entry Point is shuffled back into the deck.

Freedom Tower instead plays Security Station: Room--At the start of the Environment turn, a player may discard their hand to destroy an Environment card.

It is now the Villain's turn.

La Capitan plays Raiding Party: One-Shot--Reveal cards from the top of the Villain deck until (H) minus 1 Crew cards are revealed. Put them into play. Discard the other revealed cards. Destroy a Hero Ongoing or Equipment card.

La Capitan discards two copies each of Walk the Plank, Temporal Thief, and Haria Helena's Revenge and one copy each of Plunder, All Together Now, and Captain's Orders.

She puts the following Crew into play, in order

Final Breath: 11 hp, Crew, Ronin--Increase Damage dealt by this card to Targets with 10 or fewer HP by 1. At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP 3 Toxic Damage.
Battle Forged: 12   hp, Crew, Viking--At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the non-Villain Target with the lowest HP (H) Energy Damage.Whenever Damage dealt by this card destroys a Target, play the top card of the Villain deck.
Chip: 8 hp, Crew, Flying Ace--At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage. At the start of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.
Trueshot: 9 hp, Crew, Amazon--At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Projectile Damage.Whenever a Hero card is played, this card regains (H) minus 1 HP.

Expat hits each of these as they comes out, then Hairtrigger Reflexes is destroyed as it is the only Ongoing or Equipment cards in play (bots do not count as either)  The card gets sucked under La Capitan's character card.

Next, the ship plays Siege-Breaker: 10 hp, Crew, Cavaliere--Reduce Damage dealt to this card by 1.At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the 2 Hero Targets with the highest HP (H) minus 2 Irreducible Fire Damage each.

Final Breath hits Swift Bot for 4 hp
Battle Forged hits Swift Bot for 5 hp, destroying it.  It is sucked under La Capitan's card.  As he has just destroyed a card, Battle Forged plays L'Épéiste: 7 hp, Crew, Musketeer--At the start of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP X Energy Damage, where X = the number of Hero Ongoing and Equipment cards in play.
Chip hits Unity or Expat for 2 damage, and Trueshot hits the other for 4 damage.

Which one is taking which?

EDIT: For some Reason, I forgot that Electrical Storm was in play, so either it or Hairtrigger have to go.  I'll need a decision on that too.

Outcast

Wow just wow. Just one card has tipped the scales. La Capitan just managed to bring out almost all of his crew in a single round. Only one remains, the Amazing Mable (the one who can destroy 1 ongoing and equipment card in every turn). And if i'm not mistaken, there are only 4 cards left remaining in her deck. After that, even if we destroy the timeship, all the cards in the trash pile will shuffle back to her deck.

I think i should have used Gauge instead.

Just as a bunch of La Capitan's crew jumps out of the timeship, Parse scolds herself for not sensing the surprise attack that just happened. She was too busy trying to destroy the ship, and did not notice the crew that were setting themselves up for a raid. "Great. That's all we need, more gate crashers."

Uncle Yuan

Yeah, my next suggestion was going to be deck manipulation . . .

Reepicheep

Tempest just did a little wee.

Hairtrigger / Electrical Storm seems a tough call. I hate to volunteer someone else's card, but I think mine staying in play will do more damage in the long run?

For deck manipulation, do the crew cards count as character cards? I can put one back on the deck and gauge can move it to the bottom, putting it out of play for a few turns. If that sounds logical, which crew member shall we remove this way?

Glitch Girl

I'll take the 4.

Well, that escalated quickly. 
-Glitch Girl

Outcast

Ok. According to my calculations, of the 4 cards remaining in La Capitan's deck, 3 of those can destroy an ongoing/equipment card. That's the crew member the Amazing Mable, the Plunder Card, and we're all familiar with Raiding Party. The other card is Captain's Orders, an ongoing card that targets the Hero with lowest HP.

I think Hairtrigger Reflexes did a pretty good job at reducing all of the crew members' HP. Electrical Storm on the other hand, can still add to that, reducing all the crew members' HP by 1 point, not to mention the timeship and La Capitan. If we add Sentinel's Black Out attack and Unity's Raptor Bot, they can reduce 2 more points from them each. Then add Tempest's base power Squall which reduces 1 more point. Thus in total, we could reduce all the crew members' HP by 6 points except for Siege-Breaker because he has some armor or thick skin. We can only reduce 2 points from him. But the timeship is as good as gone.

This will leave the remaining crew members with the following HP:

Final Breath: 5 HP  (attacks lowest HP hero)
*but if Expat targets this with Assault Rifle he gets * 3HP

Battle Forge: 6 HP  (attacks lowest HP Non Villain)
*if Expat targets this one he gets * 4 HP

Chip: 2 HP  (attacks highest HP hero)

True Shot: 3 HP (attacks highest HP hero)   
*if Expat targets this one he gets * 1 HP left

Siege Breaker : 8 HP (attacks 2 highest HP heroes)

L' Epeiste : 1 HP (attacks highest HP hero)

La Capitan - (attacks highest HP hero)

*Expat can reduce 2 more points for 3 crew members only by Equiping Assault Rifle* (except again for Seige Breaker). But if we want Unity's Raptor Bot, Expat's Assault Rifle will be sacrificed. But if we want to protect Unity's Raptor Bot next round, we would need to take out Battle Forge.

Additional attacks we can make. Tempest can hit for 5. Sentinels Idealist can hit for 2. Parse can hit for 2, (and if i dont use Gauge, she can make Idealist hit for 2 more or make Tempest hit them all for 1 except Seige Breaker).  So there may still be some hope left.   *I think we may knock all the crew members out except for Seige Breaker , if i use Tempest's squall again*

But if i don't play Gauge (as a form of distraction), there's a strong chance that the next card in La Capitan's deck would destroy Tempest's Electrical Storm.

That's my analysis so far. 

Hmmm....i wonder what will happen if Raiding Party comes into play again but La Capitan's deck only had 1 crew member left and some crew members (we may have disposed of) are in the trash pile.... :blink:

Reepicheep

Does anyone have a card that turns La Capitan into Baron Blade? I liked Baron Blade.

I'll add another 1 per target to those calculations with squall on my turn - I'll be using it anyway, since its all I'll have available.

And yes, I'll be using my lightning slash on Battle Forge in that case.

It sounds as though you using gauge only reduces the chance of an ongoing destruction card, rather than eliminating it? Someone else may know more, but I feel that the timing is a bit too critical to gamble when you could be doing damage. When we get to that stage, we could see whether dealing 2 to 1 or 1 to all (just saw that musketeer card) is better.

Outcast

Oh yeah you're right. I didnt notice Electrical Storm triggered automatically at the start of your turn. I assumed it was a power, so i didnt take your base power into account. That's great. That makes the total reduction for almost all the villains to 6 instead of 5. I'll update my analysis later.

We might need to take out Final Breath as well, since it attacked Unity's Swift Bot earlier as well.

Deaths Jester

With the sudden force of crew mates surged from the ship, Expat does what she can to hit them.  With so many arriving at once, she finds herself breaking into a sweat which starts to obscure her vision. (Discard/destroy Hair Trigger Reflexes.)

OOC:  So. it looks like the best plan going ahead for Expat would be for me to play Assault Rifle on my turn, attack the villains, and then toss it over to Unity to tear apart for parts.  Alrighty...looks like my turn is decided then....great....

catwhowalksbyhimself

I completely forgot to take La Capitan's own damage into account.  This changes thing slightly.

So to start over the end of turn things.

First, La Capitan hits someone for 4.  Unity volunteered, so that is then.
Next, the ship plays Siege-Breaker as before
Swift Bot gets blown up like before.
Chip Hits Expat for 2.
Trueshot hits Tempest for 4.

Siege Breaker hits Expat and either Parse for Unity for 2 each.

Once I know which of the two ladies to deal damage two, that will be the end of La Cap's turn.

As to the question of what Raiding Party would do in this case--it would discard cards, pull out Mable, then keep discarding until the deck is empty.  Only playing cards triggers a reshuffle, so it would just stop at that point and no more baddies would be pulled out.  Next time La Capitan plays a card, it will get reshuffled into a new deck.

Outcast

catwhowalksbyhimself

"Jump on, cut them to pieces!" the pirate captain screams.  From the smoking ship, crewmembers assembled from throughout time jump into the tower and begin their attack.

In the meantime, Captain Roberts, head of Freedom Tower security, arrives at the Security Station.

"How are evacuations doing?"

"All civilians out of the building, sir"

"Lock down the room then.  This is hero business, so we're to stay out of it.  Monitor the situation and the buildings systems and be ready to deactivate them and activate security and safety systems."

It is now Tempest's turn.  At the start of the turn, the electrical storm goes off and all villains are dealt a point of damage.

Effects in play:

Spoiler

Side A--The Corsair

HP: 73/75 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
La Paradoja Magnifica--1/15
Final Breath--9/11
Battle Forged--10/12
Chip--6/8
Trueshot--7/9
Siege-Breaker--10/10
Spoiler

Siege-Breaker: 10 hp, Crew, Cavaliere--Reduce Damage dealt to this card by 1.At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the 2 Hero Targets with the highest HP (H) minus 2 Irreducible Fire Damage each.
Final Breath: 11 hp, Crew, Ronin--Increase Damage dealt by this card to Targets with 10 or fewer HP by 1. At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP 3 Toxic Damage.
Battle Forged: 12 hp, Crew, Viking--At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the non-Villain Target with the lowest HP (H) Energy Damage.Whenever Damage dealt by this card destroys a Target, play the top card of the Villain deck.
Chip: 8 hp, Crew, Flying Ace--At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage. At the start of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.
Trueshot: 9 hp, Crew, Amazon--At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Projectile Damage.Whenever a Hero card is played, this card regains (H) minus 1 HP.

HP: 21/26

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Writhe

Doctor Medico

Mainstay

Idealist
HP: 11/11

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

HP: 20/26

Available Powers

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

HP: 22/29 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers

In Play:  Hairtrigger Reflexes
Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

HP: 22/26 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers

Ongoings and Equipment In Play: None
Spoiler

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Bee Bot: 1 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase.When this card is destroyed, Unity deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage, and you may destroy 1 Ongoing or Environmental card.
Inspired Repair: One-Shot--You may draw a card.You may play a card.Each Mechanical Golem regains 3 HP.

Cards in Play: Security Station

Spoiler

Security Station: Room--At the start of the Environment turn, a player may discard their hand to destroy an Environment card.

Reepicheep

Tempest shall hit Battle Forged with Lightning Strike, and then hit everyone with Squall.

He's especially proud as the time ship tears to pieces.

He nods satisfied and draws a card.

Deaths Jester

So, Hair-trigger Reflexes didn't need destroying? Or is that just a mistake?

Outcast

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Deaths Jester on January 10, 2015, 01:42:14 AM
So, Hair-trigger Reflexes didn't need destroying? Or is that just a mistake?

A mistake.  I knew I forgot to remove something.

As a Hero card has been played, Trueshot heals to full hp before being hit by the Squall.

Tempest draws
Spoiler

Shielding Winds:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 2.

It is now the Sentinels' turn.

Effects in play:

Spoiler

Side A--The Corsair

HP: 72/75 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
Final Breath--8/11
Battle Forged--4/12
Chip--5/8
Trueshot--8/9
Siege-Breaker--10/10
L'Épéiste--5/7
Spoiler

L'Épéiste: 7 hp, Crew, Musketeer--At the start of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP X Energy Damage, where X = the number of Hero Ongoing and Equipment cards in play.
Siege-Breaker: 10 hp, Crew, Cavaliere--Reduce Damage dealt to this card by 1.At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the 2 Hero Targets with the highest HP (H) minus 2 Irreducible Fire Damage each.
Battle Forged: 12 hp, Crew, Viking--At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the non-Villain Target with the lowest HP (H) Energy Damage.Whenever Damage dealt by this card destroys a Target, play the top card of the Villain deck.

HP: 21/26

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Shielding Winds:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 2.

Writhe

Doctor Medico

Mainstay

Idealist
HP: 11/11

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

HP: 20/26

Available Powers

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

HP: 22/29 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers

In Play:  None
Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

HP: 22/26 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers

Ongoings and Equipment In Play: None
Spoiler

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Cards in Play: Security Station

Spoiler

Security Station: Room--At the start of the Environment turn, a player may discard their hand to destroy an Environment card.

Outcast

Looks like i forgot about Trueshot's ability to heal for every Hero card played.

As for L'Epeiste, i think she would have 4 HP if she was caught by Hair Trigger Reflexes when she came in.  Or was it destroyed before she came into play?  :unsure:

Edit: Ok just checked and reread what happened. Hair Trigger Reflexes was destroyed immediately after Raiding Party was played. 5HP is correct.

So am i correct that True Shot heals 4HP everytime a Hero Card plays out? Talk about Wolverine like healing. We will need someone who can deal a huge amount of damage in one shot or  maybe thru combos.

Reepicheep

Does Into the Stratosphere work on the crew (character?) cards? I could remove either Trueshot or Siege Breaker next round, if they're still causing us grief. And unless its a waste of a good card, gauge could move them to the bottom.

Uncle Yuan

Into the Stratosphere could move a crew member.  I find that card a bit of a mixed bag.  It's best used on things that will act at the start of the villain turn (It's great against Electro-Pulse Explosive from Omnitron, for example), but those cards are uncommon.  End of turn acting cards are kind of pointless as they'll still activate after they're played - UNLESS you're using it as a deck manipulation strategy, kind of a "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't" approach.  In which case it can work fine.  Especially now that the ship is gone.  I think this is the best way to think about this card

The big problem about using it against a target is that they return to play with full HP, giving them a defacto heal.  Someone like Trueshot might be a bad choice because she's an end of turn actor and we would lose the few points we were able to get ahead on her.  Seigebreaker might be a decent choice, but like Trueshot he can be hard to damage, so loosing what damage we can get on him can be a bit of a bummer.  I think the best choice would actually be L'Epeiste - he's a start of turn actor and he can hit very, very hard.  He's also a bit more fragile, so while he may be closer to dead when you put him back he also won't be too difficult to knock out if we focus on him.

And I'd say we would NOT want to move the Stratosphere card to the bottom of the deck, because as said, the real purpose of this card is to stack the villain deck with a known quantity.