Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, December 26, 2014, 11:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Yuan

"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

catwhowalksbyhimself

Done.  Now the secondary lab reveals cards.  Discard or put it back on your deck.

Tempest
Spoiler

Elemental Subwave Inducer:Equipment,Limited--At the start of your turn, select a Damage type. All Damage dealt by Tempest this turn is of that type. Reduce Damage to Tempest of that type by 1 until the start of your next turn.

Sentinels
Spoiler
Unique Capabilities: One-Shot--Search your deck for a Signature card and put it into play. Shuffle your deck. You may draw a card. You may play a card.

Parse
Spoiler
Critical Multiplier: Ongoing--Whenever you discard a card from hand, select a Hero target. Increase the next damage dealt by that target by 1.

Expatriette
Spoiler
Speed Loading:Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, you may take 1 Ammo card from your trash and put it on the top of your deck. At the start of your turn, you may play an Ammo card.

Unity
Spoiler
Raptor Bot: 2 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase.At the end of your turn, this card deals 1 Target X Melee Damage, where X = the number of Mechanical Golems in play plus 1.

And it's almost entirely cards that Mission Control can play.  How interesting.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Uncle Yuan

Deaths Jester

Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Outcast

DJ, don't you want speed loading? It's not a one shot , so it'll be played out.

Keep mine on top. Not much difference though, since La Capitan will fall after another hit.

Reepicheep

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Outcast on February 26, 2015, 03:31:56 AM
DJ, don't you want speed loading? It's not a one shot , so it'll be played out.

Keep mine on top. Not much difference though, since La Capitan will fall after another hit.

I'm guessing it's because he just won't get much use out of it this late in the game, and may be hoping for an ammo.

catwhowalksbyhimself

So the results

Tempest--Elemental Subwave Inducer put into play
Spoiler
Elemental Subwave Inducer:Equipment,Limited--At the start of your turn, select a Damage type. All Damage dealt by Tempest this turn is of that type. Reduce Damage to Tempest of that type by 1 until the start of your next turn.

The Sentinels--Unique Capabilities discarded
Spoiler
Unique Capabilities: One-Shot--Search your deck for a Signature card and put it into play. Shuffle your deck. You may draw a card. You may play a card.

Parse--Critical Multiplier put into play
Spoiler
Critical Multiplier: Ongoing--Whenever you discard a card from hand, select a Hero target. Increase the next damage dealt by that target by 1.

Expatriette--Arsenal Access discarded
Spoiler
Arsenal Access: One-Shot--Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal 2 Equipment cards. Put one of them either into play or into your hand. Shuffle the rest of the revealed cards into your deck.

Unity--Raptor Bot put into play
Spoiler
Raptor Bot: 2 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase. At the end of your turn, this card deals 1 Target X Melee Damage, where X = the number of Mechanical Golems in play plus 1.

It is now La Capitan's turn

La Captian plays Chip: 8 hp, Crew, Flying Ace--At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage. At the start of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.

La Cap hits either Tempest or Expat for 5damage, then Chip hits the other one for 3.  Who gets which?

Reepicheep

I'll take the 5, since I can reduce it. Would it be reduced to 4 or to 2?

catwhowalksbyhimself

I forgot about shielding winds.  In this case, the cards act in the order of your choice, which means shielding winds first, then Resilience. Localized Hurricane then increases the damage, so it actually work out to 3.

That makes it Tempest's turn.

Effects in play:
At the end of the Sentinels' turn, Dr. Medico may heal 3 hero targets for 1 hp each.
Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 2.
Whenever Tempest would take damage, increase it by 1.
Whenever Tempest would take damage, reduce it by 1.
Unity cannot use powers

Side: The Corsair
Spoiler

Side A--The Corsair
At the start of the Villain turn, if there are 3 or more cards under this card, flip La Capitán's Villain Character card.Whenever a Hero card is destroyed by a Villain card, put it under this card.At the end of the Villain turn, La Capitán deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Projectile Damage.

Side B--Split Across Time
At the start of the Villain turn, each Villain Target regains X HP, where X = the number of cards under this card. Whenever La Capitán would be dealt Damage, move a card from under this card to the appropriate trash. If you do, prevent that damage. At the end of the Villain turn, if there are no cards under this card, flip La Capitán's Villain Character card.
HP: 4/75 Lowest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
Chip, 8/8 Highest Villain Target

HP: 15/29
Available Powers:
Squall: Tempest deals all non-Hero Targets 1 Projectile Damage.
Cleansing Downpour: Each Hero Target regains 2 HP.
Localized Hurricane: Increase Damage dealt to Tempest by 1. Power: Tempest deals up to 2 Targets 3 Projectile Damage each. You may draw 2 cards.  Power: Destroy this card.

In Play: Cleansing Downpour, Shielding Winds, Localized Hurricane, Otherworldly Resilience, Elemental Subwave Inducer
Spoiler

Otherworldly Resilience:Ongoing,Limited--Reduce Damage dealt to Tempest by 1.
Localized Hurricane   : Ongoing--Increase Damage dealt to Tempest by 1. Power: Tempest deals up to 2 Targets 3 Projectile Damage each. You may draw 2 cards.  Power: Destroy this card.
Shielding Winds:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 2.
Cleansing Downpour: Ongoing--Power: Each Hero Target regains 2 HP.

Hand:
Spoiler

Ball Lightning: One-Shot   Tempest deals 1 Target 4 Lightning Damage. You may destroy up to 2 Ongoing cards.
Reclaim from the Deep:One-Shot--Each player may take a card from their trash and put it on top of their Hero deck. You may draw a card.
Flash Flood: One-Shot--Destroy up to 2 Environment cards.
Aquatic Correspondence: One-Shot--Draw 3 cards.
Ball Lightning: One-Shot   Tempest deals 1 Target 4 Lightning Damage. You may destroy up to 2 Ongoing cards.
Reclaim from the Deep: One-Shot--Each player may take a card from their trash and put it on top of their Hero deck. You may draw a card.

Writhe
HP: 14/14
Power: Extract--Power: Reveal the bottom card of a deck. Discard it or put it on the top of that deck.

Doctor Medico
HP: 13/13
Power: M.D.--1 Hero Target regains 3 HP.

Mainstay
HP: 14/14
Power: Block--Power: Reduce Damage dealt to all your Hero Targets by 1 until the start of your next turn.

Idealist
HP: 11/11
Power: Telekinetic Jab--Power: The Idealist deals 1 Target 2 Psychic Damage.

In Play: Hippocratic Oath, Durasteel Chains
Spoiler

Durasteel Chains: Equipment, Signature--Increase Damage dealt by Mainstay by 1. Reduce Damage dealt to Mainstay by 1.
Hippocratic Oath: Ongoing, Signature--Whenever Dr. Medico would deal Damage, prevent that Damage and instead 1 Hero Target regains that much HP. At the end of your turn, if Dr. Medico is active, up to 3 Targets regain 1 HP each.

Hand:
Spoiler

Dark Delusions: One-Shot--If Writhe is active, he deals each Villain Target 2 Infernal Damage. If the Idealist is active, she deals 1 Target 3 Psychic Damage.
Team Communications: One-Shot--Draw 4 cards.You may play a card.
Restorative Burst: One-Shot--If Dr. Medico is active, you may flip one of your incapacitated Heroes and restore it to 3 HP.Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Caliginous Form: Ongoing, Signature--The first time Writhe would be dealt Damage each turn, reduce that Damage by 2 and redirect it to the Villain Target with the highest HP.

HP: 16/26 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers
Pinpoint Shot: Parse deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage.
Gauge: Look at the top card of a deck. Put it on the top or bottom of that deck. You may draw 1 card.

In Play: Gauge, Segmentation Fault, Critical Multiplier
Spoiler

Segmentation Fault: Ongoing--Power: Discard a card. If you do, you may destroy an Ongoing or Environment Card.
Gauge: Ongoing--Power: Look at the top card of a deck. Put it on the top or bottom of that deck. You may draw 1 card.

Hand
Spoiler

Recompile:One-Shot--Discard up to 3 cards. Draw twice as many cards as you discarded this way.
Recompile:One-Shot--Discard up to 3 cards. Draw twice as many cards as you discarded this way.
Reveal the Flaws: Ongoing--Damage dealt by Hero Targets is irreducible. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Exploit Vulnerability: Ongoing--Whenever a non-hero target enters play, increase damage dealt to that target by 1 until the start of the environment turn.
Quick Calculation: One-Shot--Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put 1 on the bottom of your deck and the other 2 in your hand.

HP: 15/29

Available Powers
Load: Play a card.
Assault Rifle: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each.
Tactical Shotgun: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
"Pride": Expatriette deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. If ""Prejudice"" is in play, you may use its Power. Up to 2 Ammo cards may be in play next to this card at a time.

In Play:  Assault Rifle, Tactical Shotgun, Pride, Hollow Points(Pride)
Spoiler

Hollow Points: Equipment, Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.  Increase the Damage of that card's Power by 2.  After that Power is used, destroy this card.
"Pride":Equipment, Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. If ""Prejudice"" is in play, you may use its Power. Up to 2 Ammo cards may be in play next to this card at a time.
Tactical Shotgun:Equipment, Limited, Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

Hand:
Spoiler

RPG Launcher: One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. If you do, Expatriette deals up to 2 Targets 2 Fire Damage each.
Submachine Gun: Equipment,Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals each non-Hero Target 1 Projectile Damage.Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

HP: 19/26 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers
Bot-Hack: Destroy 1 Equipment card. If you do, put a Mechanical Golem from hand into play.

Ongoings and Equipment In Play: None
Spoiler

Active Golems:
Raptor Bot[1] 2/2 Lowest Hero Target
Raptor Bot[2] 2/2 Lowest Hero Target
Champion Bot 8/8
Stealth Bot 5/5
Spoiler

Champion Bot: 8 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase. Increase Damage dealt by Unity and by Mechanical Golems by 1.
Stealth Bot: 5 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase.Reduce Damage dealt to this card by 1. Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt Damage, you may redirect it to this card.
Raptor Bot: 2 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase. At the end of your turn, this card deals 1 Target X Melee Damage, where X = the number of Mechanical Golems in play plus 1.

Hand
Spoiler

Platform Bot: 3 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase.Reduce Damage dealt to this card by 1. At the end of your turn, this card deals 1 Target 3 Energy Damage.
Supply Crate: Equipment--When this card enters play, draw a card. At the start of your turn, you may destroy this card to draw 2 cards.
Robot Reclamation: One-Shot--Move up to 5 Mechanical Golems from your trash to the top of your deck.Draw a card.
Flash Forge: One-Shot--Discard any number of cards. Search your deck for X Mechanical Golems and/or Equipment cards and put them into your hand, where X = the number of cards you discarded. Shuffle your deck.
Inspired Repair: One-Shot--You may draw a card.You may play a card.Each Mechanical Golem regains 3 HP.

Cards in Play: Security Station, Medical Ward, Dr. Stinson's Secondary Lab, Mission Control

Spoiler

Dr. Stinson's Secondary Lab: Room--At the end of the Environment turn, reveal the top card of each Hero deck and either discard it or replace it.
Medical Ward: Room--At the start of the Environment turn, each target regains 1 HP.
Security Station: Room--At the start of the Environment turn, a player may discard their hand to destroy an Environment card.

Uncle Yuan

Reepicheep

Tempest, almost ignoring la Cap's last ditch efforts, makes furious strides towards her. The air around him alive with electricity, he materialises a ball of lightning and launches it towards the foe.

He really hopes Tachyon doesn't tell him off for bad babysitting.

catwhowalksbyhimself

And with that

Heroes Win!!!

Alright 5 for 5.  That's better than how I ever do.  So that does it.  I am going to kill you all.  This means that Iron Legacy is coming up next.  Good luck.

Deaths Jester

If you're going to be like that cat, then I'll just put my name down for Guise. Now you are in for it!

Uncle Yuan

Outcast

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on February 27, 2015, 11:09:41 AM
And with that

Heroes Win!!!

Alright 5 for 5.  That's better than how I ever do.  So that does it.  I am going to kill you all.  This means that Iron Legacy is coming up next.  Good luck.

:o Oh no. Not Iron Legacy.... :faint

Reepicheep

Tempest, now regretting the win, takes back his last moves and punches Unity in the face. He then draws a card.

Uncle Yuan

I'd be willing to give it a go.  One benefit to taking on Iron Legacy is that the games are invariably short. 

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'll probably take a break for a couple of days before starting.  For the record, I have heard of an epic 10-20 round Iron Legacy game that some people I know were in.  It involved getting a bunch of characters that can shut down his damage, then retrieving their cards from the trash and doing it again.

And DJ, if you want Guise, you shall have Guise.  He seems really excited by being picked, but keeps muttering something about "boomstick."

Uncle Yuan

Glitch Girl

Quote from: Reepicheep on February 28, 2015, 10:37:24 AM
Tempest, now regretting the win, takes back his last moves and punches Unity in the face. He then draws a card.
HEY!

Anyway, go us!

Not sure I'll be able to do the next one.  I've been slammed the last few weeks with various projects at work and at the game I volunteer content for.  Since you're taking a few days off, we'll see.  Been a fun ride so far (minus the face punch)
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Deaths Jester

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on February 28, 2015, 02:15:08 PM

And DJ, if you want Guise, you shall have Guise.  He seems really excited by being picked, but keeps muttering something about "boomstick."

BOOMSTICK!!!!

(Think this guy just might be able to channel the DJ insanity just right.)