News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

EZScript - Sneaking past the guards

Started by joemama, December 30, 2014, 11:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemama

One of my favorite missions in the first FF was when Minute Man has to infiltrate the warehouse before any guards can find him.

I'm trying recreate that using EZ Script and am open to suggestions.  My idea so far:

1) Use "Guard Object" or "Save Civilian" encounters (or a custom one)
2) Put a villain "on patrol" by using "moves to [marker##]"
3) Create an "alarm" template, and place ffx_tiggot next to it.  The template itself would only be cosmetic, the real target/goal of this step is to use ffx_tiggot as an invisible "trigger"
4) Create custom M25 AI that causes the villain to attack ffx_tiggot if the hero gets too close
5) if ffx_tiggot is destroyed, the villain has successfully sounded the alarm and the mission is a failure
6) if the villain is defeated before ffx_tiggot is destroyed, then she/he failed to sound the alarm and the mission is a success

Questions:
a) will the m25 AI prevent the villain from attacking the hero?  I'd ONLY want it to attack ffx_tiggot
b) what parameters would I use to create a "threat range"?  As above, the villain should ignore the hero until he/she gets within a certain range (mindist/maxdist?  nearenemy?);  Once the hero is within that range, the villain attacks ffx_tiggot.

Hope this makes sense.  Like I said before, I'm open to suggestions.

BentonGrey

I like how you've got this set up, Joe.  Here's the recipe I always use for such encounters:
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/2010/01/26/doing-more-with-ezscript/

In terms of your setup, if you used a "Defend Object" flavor custom encounter with the villain set to ONLY attack the object, then he should ignore the hero, without the need for a custom AI.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/