Relive the frustration and charm of MS-DOS era games

Started by Tortuga, January 13, 2015, 02:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tortuga

Outcast

I remember that game as well. I used to enjoy playing it. But i never really did got all that far, guess i wasn't that good. :P

Other dos games that i remember playing was Prince of Persia and some game with elevators.

But i think my favorites then were Popeye, Archon, Ultima 3, and maybe Blockout as well. :)

Silver Shocker

I saw these the other day. Really cool. Hadn't tried any of them out yet but I'll have to at some point. Some of these were on my Commodore 128 I had as a kid. Maniac Mansion and the D&D games were favorites of mine.
I did also play Karateka as a kid. I remember liking it but it did get really hard as you went along.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

dudalb

Lots of DOS game goodness for sale here:

www.gog.com

All DOS games come with a Dosbox Emulator Wrapper, so you just buy,download, install,and you are ready to go.

And, For SIlver Shocker's benefit,the SSI D and D goldbox games are available on GOG.

Silver Shocker

Oh I know, I already bought them.  :D I'm a big fan of Gog. I love getting old games on sale there. 

I also got to replay Maniac Mansion recently. Still fun.

I also recently found some other obscure adventure games from my childhood on Archive.org that I've wanted to play for years.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

dudalb

Although it has a couple of bugs, IMHO the GOG version of Freedom Force is the best one available. It fixes the infamous problem where the mouse got stuck in attack mode that the Steam version never fixed. There were workarounds, but with the GOG Freedom Force you don't have to bother. And it's DRM Free.

Silver Shocker

Cool. That'd be a great recommendation for someone who doesn't own the game yet.. I still have physical copies of the first two games myself though.
~Rocky Balboa