News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

FFX3 Special Objects

Started by joemama, January 03, 2015, 04:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemama

Sorry to keep spamming, but getting back into the groove and trying to incorporate the FFX special objects into my maps.  Kinda kicking myself for not noticing them earlier, woulda saved a lot of time on a previous post.

For reference, here's a snippet from the dox:

Spoiler
QuotePlacing objects in a map
The special objects don't appear in the menus for FFEdit, but are easy to place. Place a character on the map where you want (any character), name them and then ALT-TAB back to FFEdit. Change the objects type to GENERIC and choose the template from the list and then press Save - you'll see the object change in the LevelEditor.
If you want an object (eg a teleporter) to look different from the standard pad, place the object you desire and change its template. The object will continue to use the NIF file you specified.

Permanent explosions
Its possible to place permanent explosions on the map, doing actual damage, by placing a specially name 'ffx_tiggot' character on the map. Remember that the 'tiggot' is invisible.
The tiggot should be renamed to the explosion power desired, followed by four characters (to allow the standard naming convention of '_001'.

Switches (NEW in FFX V2.3)
Any object thats given the template 'switch' (which exists previously from the Mr Mech levels) gets the ACTIVATE command on it.
When you activate a switch it looks for an object with the same name as the switch but with the first two letters removed, so you can name the switch for the teleporter object 'tp1' as say 's_tp1' like Ive done, but anything like 'mctp1' would do.

1) The most important question: do they work in rumble room (including EZ Script minimods) or just campaigns?

2) Next up is placement, which looks pretty straightforward:  I can use any template as long as the name is set up per the instructions?  In other words, I can use a building as a teleporter as long as it's named tp1?

3) Dox say the "permanent explosions" will fire every few seconds.  If I have multiple on a map, will they all fire at once or will they be staggered?

4) What do the "switches" do?  Totally not getting this.  The example given applies to a teleporter, but the teleporter comes with it's own "USE" command, so it seems a bit redundant.  Can they be used to "turn off" a permanent explosion?  Spawn/Destroy an object?

5) One more on explosions:  it looks like I configure an ffx3 attack type swap using the "tiggot" character I created for the explosion?  In other words:  create a power called "zero_g_beam">>>give it a "hex" attack type>>>give it to my "zero_g_beam_001" tiggot>>>configure the Zero G attack type in ffx3 concenter?

I'll be testing as much as I can, but that takes time away from designing, so I'm open to help/feedback/suggestions.