News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Scoping help... maybe

Started by daglob, January 17, 2015, 09:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Okay, above is and old Champions RPG villain called Demonfire, basically Grenadier's Warrior woman, but, I was wondering, is there a way to make the body suit and the boots/gloves read from different files, and different glow/refl files? I mean, an easy way for someone who is only moderately competent with Nifcope? The reflections I want to put on the bodysuit do not fit the boots and gloves,  nor vice versa.

Also, has anyone tried animating the reflection texture? The lightmap?

The character's costume is described as shimmering with the fires of hell; be nice if it really shimmered.

Xenolith

Can't help with the skope, but that character was from the Great Iridium Con module, right?  Or something like that.

Cyber Burn

I don't know how feasible this would be since I haven't tried it, but:

1. Copy the Body.

2. Paste it onto the "Scene Root".

3. Rename the TGA Files on the new body to something like "Female_Gren_2", "Female_Gren_2_Refl", and "Female_Gren_2_Glow".

4. Make a copy of the Art Files in your Skin Folder, and name them appropriately.

5. Copy the "Omni01" branch and paste it into the "Scene Root".

6. Rename the new Omni to "Omni02", and rename the lightmap to "lightmap2".

7. Alpha out the Red on the first set of Art Files, and Alpha out the Black on the second set of Art Files.

Crumbs, I lost my train of thought here.  :banghead: Hopefully someone who knows what they're talking about will chime in here.

joemama

So I'm pretty much the last person to be giving scoping advice, so I'll just pose a question:

The Lantern meshes on Slick Alice's site (think they were originally from Renegade) have both an aura around the body and an emitter on the ring....maybe you can apply a dedicated aura to the body suit and use glow/refl files to simulate the "shimmering" effect?  Or maybe put an emitter on it?

That's all I got  :P

SickAlice

I never animated any texture other than the Base. I don't remember the specifics offhand but there's a few restrictions when it comes to using the animated texture function. I did make a similar type effect on Rosalina's Smash Bros dress. I put the stars (so this would be flames in your case) and the refl texture and not on the base (I presume the glow can be used in tangent with the effect). When animated it casts the illusion that there are energy stars emanating from the cloth yet aren't designed on it, as well makes them look like they're flickering and moving as the mesh does so.

daglob