The good, the bad, and the ugly-More Tests...

Started by daglob, January 31, 2015, 07:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

daglob

I know that it hasn't been a whole year since I was declared cancer free, but today was the 12th appointment since then. So, I have more or less made it one year.

Now I just need to stay cancer free...

spydermann93

I bet cancer's wishing it didn't mess with you about now. :P

Hopefully you don't have to put up with it much longer. You've earned your freedom by kicking its butt.

WyldFyre

Welcome news indeed sir.  So glad you are free of that nasty stuff.  Here's wishing you many more years of freedom.

<It IS a shame about the super-powers though.>  ;)
For Freedom!

Cyber Burn

That, my friend, is an absolute fantastic early X-Mas present.    :thumbup:

Quote from: WyldFyre on November 29, 2016, 09:51:56 PM
<It IS a shame about the super-powers though.>  ;)

I have to agree with this one here though, Super Powers would have been an appropriate compensation for all of this.    :P

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

BentonGrey

Fantastic!  That's great news DG!  Kick cancer's backside!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Y'all remember back at the beginning of summer when my AC when out, right? Well, now my heater has died. They are predicting temps in the low 30s tonight and upper 20s tomorrow night. Now, I have enough blankets, furry hot water bottles (cats), and space heaters for me to survive just fine, but keeping the pipes in the kitchen and on the outside of the house from freezing is a problem. A BIG problem. All the other stuff I've been through, and this one seems to be bothering me the most.

The first thing the heater guy said was "How old is this thing?" I had to call my brother to find out, and he said he didn't know for sure, but he thought it was 30 years old. In other words, no replacement parts are available. The money from the policy my mother had on my father will pay for all or most of it (depending on the outside AC unit), but work won't start 'til next week when it warms up.

crosspotts1.0

if u have 60$ u can get a lassko heater at costco if thers one by u im not sure i live in maryland we dont have any heat be side that and blankets and for the pipe let the sinks tub drip constantley to keep water runing andit should keep the pipes from  freezing i also just have a window unit for the summer no ac no heat it gets to be below 15 alot over here :lol: but i hope that works

BentonGrey

Ohh man, DG, that stinks!  We just had a similar situation right before Thanksgiving.  I'm sorry man!  As CP says, you can keep pipes from freezing by running water through them.  You can also wrap some rags around your outside pipes to help matters.  Good luck, my friend!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

spydermann93

We usually take some old towels and wrap 'em around the pipes outside my house. Works well enough for the pesky high-20 low-30 degree nights.

crosspotts1.0

Quote from: BentonGrey on December 09, 2016, 12:19:09 AM
Ohh man, DG, that stinks!  We just had a similar situation right before Thanksgiving.  I'm sorry man!  As CP says, you can keep pipes from freezing by running water through them.  You can also wrap some rags around your outside pipes to help matters.  Good luck, my friend!
i never herd of that ill try that to im gonna beat this winter this year ha winter suck it  :lol:

daglob

...and one to go.

I've used purpose-made Styrofoam boxes for years; they attach over the spigot and capture what heat escapes around the hole in the wall around the pipe, and has been enough (it seldom gets that cold around here). However, there needs to be a source of heat in the house.

Crosspots: I did get some smaller space heaters; the new heater should be installed next week, though, so a space heater that size wouldn't really be necessary except for one night (tonight).

However, I survived one night; it may not have gotten quite as cold as they said, although it is 60 degrees in the hall outside of the bedroom.

crosspotts1.0

60 degrees is nothing :lol: its 20 below in my house cause i turn heaters off to save electricity cause im broke  :lol: and cant afford bge and rent with where im currently living

daglob

If it got 20 below here everybody would go anthropoid excrement. When it snows, people who will go out in a hurricane and drive become idiots... well, maybe they were always idiots, but they get worse.

daglob

daglob

Well, for the first time since June I live in a house with central heat and air. And, living in Mobile, it looks like I will need both of them in the next week.

BentonGrey

Of course.  The Gulf Coast is the home of two seasons, the hot, and the not so hot.  They can switch places at a moment's notice, too.

I'm glad to hear you've got things fixed, my friend!
God Bless

The Phantom Eyebrow

All the best there daglob; glad to hear that things are sorted out. 

Deaths Jester

Quote from: The Phantom Eyebrow on December 29, 2016, 11:31:23 AM
All the best there daglob; glad to hear that things are sorted out.

Mien Gott! A sighting of the elusive Phantom EYEBROW!!!!!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

daglob

I didn't talk about this when it happened; December was very busy.

Last month, first time I used my debit card, it didn't go through. I checked the customer service department, which is automated, and it wouldn't give me a balance. I contacted a flesh and blood human, and was told to check with the issuing body (Social Security). 90 minutes on hold later, they told me they didn't do it. So it was back to CS, where every human sent me to a line that said "Your call is important to us. We are having a heavier than normal call load. Call back later [click]". After three hours total, I had finally convinced them I was not dead.

I'm serious: they though I was dead.

But I wasn't the only one. The real human I finally talked to said that someone had hacked their system, and accessed a lot of card numbers of people who were deceased. Somehow, I got on that list. She said, with an exasperated tone, that she had been straightening things out for people all day.

Hey, yeah, The Phantom Eyebrow!

BentonGrey

Good heavens man, that's just ridiculously obnoxious!  I'm glad you got it fixed, but what a lovely Christmas present. :P
God Bless

spydermann93

See!? You did get a superpower! You can die, but not actually die, and get your card hacked!

Everything is falling into place, muahahaha

BentonGrey

God Bless

Deaths Jester

Quote from: spydermann93 on January 06, 2017, 08:45:02 PM
See!? You did get a superpower! You can die, but not actually die, and get your card hacked!

Everything is falling into place, muahahaha

Being the ACTUAL undead on this forum, I should've been saying that last thing....rrrrr.....
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

daglob

I've always wanted someone to say "I thought you were dead" so I could answer "Not hardly".

BentonGrey

I think I might go with 'the rumors of my death and been greatly exaggerated.'  ;)
God Bless