The good, the bad, and the ugly-More Tests...

Started by daglob, January 31, 2015, 07:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

God go with you, my friend.  Be brave, and keep your spirits up.  You'll come through the whole process better if you keep the good attitude you've already displayed.  Our prayers continue.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

Hey, don't knock the port. That port will save you from hundreds of guys like me having to stab you over and over again to take blood tests.

daglob

abenavides

Hang in there glob. You know I'm pulling for you .
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

daglob

Well, I know that I will NOT be able to work the week I get chemotherapy. This creates a lot of problems (other than missing a week of paycheck).

Still, it wasn't as bad as a kidney stone...

hoss20

I don't know if you've already been told this, but when my mother and sister-in-law had chemo, they usually felt decent for a couple of days and then things hit them. I think this is usually a pretty standard reaction. I hope you get through things okay.

daglob

Okay, so I can't work the second week after chemo, either.

I decided to apply for disability since I can't work one week out of three. I'll hear something in 30-60 days.

My hair is coming out, and my finger and toe nails hurt (doctor says I'll probably lose them). My skin is all dried out and feels tight and rough. I could hope that it will split open and a superior being will emerge chrysalis-like from within, but I would probably look more like The Fly from the movie with Jeff Goldblum.

On the good side, I've lost five pounds...

Outcast

Sounds really scary Daglob. Hope you find the courage and strength during these difficult times for you.

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

BentonGrey

Hey, you never know, you might wake up one day and find yourself like this:
http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/strange_tales_178-01-is-adam-warlock-on-his-way-to-the-marvel-cinematic-universe.jpeg?width=900&height=1383

I'm sorry my friend.  Chemo can be really rough.  I hope that you can adjust to it and, most importantly, that it will do its job well.  Just think, however bad it may make you feel, that invader in your body is feeling worse.  Our prayers continue.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

daglob

BentonGrey

Haha, that is a scary thought!  It could be worse, though.  You could turn into Shemp!
God Bless

WyldFyre

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 18, 2015, 09:10:01 PM
Haha, that is a scary thought!  It could be worse, though.  You could turn into Shemp!

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk... ^_^
For Freedom!

daglob

Still losing hair, finger and toenails don't hurt as much, but meat tastes... indescribable. I've worked in paper mills that didn't smell as bad as some stuff tastes.

Coffee and chocolate ice cream are fine, though...

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: daglob on March 30, 2015, 09:59:50 PM
Still losing hair, finger and toenails don't hurt as much, but meat tastes... indescribable. I've worked in paper mills that didn't smell as bad as some stuff tastes.

Coffee and chocolate ice cream are fine, though...

Oh, man, if tastes had to get all goofy, that's the way to go in my mind.  Coffee and chocolate are pretty important to my continuing mental health!
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Epimethee

Coffee, chocolate ice cream and the rest of us are rooting for you, Daglob.

JeyNyce

Coffee and chocolate, that's all you need.  And Bacon, the world is a much better place because of bacon.

daglob

Strangely enough, bacon tastes fine. I say it's strange, because ham and sausage are in the indescribably bad category.

JeyNyce

Quote from: daglob on April 11, 2015, 07:52:33 PM
Strangely enough, bacon tastes fine. I say it's strange, because ham and sausage are in the indescribably bad category.

See, proof right there!

daglob

The doctor says he's taking me off chemo for awhile. I got the first hormone treatment last time, and he wants to see how it works.

For those of you who understand, my PSA is 1. For those of you who don't, it's a good thing.

hoss20

That's really encouraging. Glad to hear it!  :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Awesome!  I'm glad to hear some good news, Daglob!
God Bless

spydermann93

I think that it's evident that DaGlob has the "Tough Guy" and "Shake it Off" attributes.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

I'm so glad you hear that, Daglob. I'm wishing you the best!

JeyNyce

deanjo2000

Aww man i've only just read this thread (i usually stay around the skins) and im actually ashamed of myself.
My prayers are with you and ill add my strength to everybody else's for this battle.
I almost feel sorry for cancer trying to take you on :thumbup:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Cyber Burn

Very glad to hear that you are able to get some good news.  :thumbup:

Epimethee

Good news! Wishing you the best, Daglob.