The good, the bad, and the ugly-More Tests...

Started by daglob, January 31, 2015, 07:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionheart

I'm glad to see some good news here, Daglob. Stay strong. We're all praying and/or pulling for you.

And don't neglect chocolate and bacon. It's the stuff heroes are made from.

John Jr.

You know we're all on your side, Daglob and you have our prayers and good wishes.
Medicine is advancing faster than we can follow and cancer can be beaten. I had my bout with it, about ten years ago, lost the large intestine, but I'm still here (no super powers either, life is unfair), so I know you can beat this.
Wishing you well, buddy.

cmdrkoenig67

That's good news, DG....I hope you are feeling better soon.

Best,

Dana

daglob

While I can still taster the stuff in my mouth, most everything else seems to be tasting alright. Something a little "funny" about some things, but pickles and meat now taste like pickles and meat (respectively). Some of my hair is growing back, and I didn't lose my finger and toenails, although my feet are peeling like a sunburn. No pain, it's just weird.

Epimethee

More good news!

After all, the taste of your pickles surely matters more than the skin of you feet.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

BentonGrey

That is good news!  Man, I'd consider not losing nails to be a good bonus, but the best bonus is the return of meat!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

WyldFyre

Quote from: daglob on May 08, 2015, 10:02:48 PM
I didn't lose my finger and toenails, although my feet are peeling like a sunburn. No pain, it's just weird.

Maybe you are shedding your skin to turn into the super-powered being that we all know you are.   :D

Glad to hear things are going well.
For Freedom!

daglob

Quote from: WyldFyre on May 10, 2015, 12:30:00 AM
I didn't lose my finger and toenails, although my feet are peeling like a sunburn. No pain, it's just weird.

Maybe you are shedding your skin to turn into the super-powered being that we all know you are.   :D

Glad to hear things are going well.

I wish, but I still keep thinking of Jeff Goldblum's "The Fly"

John Jr.

Thanks for the good news, Daglob. We're all awaiting for more good news.

Lionheart

What John Jr. said. Thanks for sharing the good news, Daglob. We're all pulling for you.

JeyNyce

While I can still taster the stuff in my mouth, most everything else seems to be tasting alright. Something a little "funny" about some things, but pickles and meat now taste like pickles and meat (respectively). Some of my hair is growing back, and I didn't lose my finger and toenails, although my feet are peeling like a sunburn. No pain, it's just weird.

I'm just waiting for you to say "I'm now growing blue fur all over"

Thanks for the good news.  We're all pulling for you!  :thumbup:
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

daglob

No, but the hair I have left is showing a tendency to stand straight out.

on the positive side, the cancer doctor told me today that he believes the cancer is in remission. While it's not gone, it's not growing, either.

Epimethee

Definitively good news, Daglob. Thanks for sharing!

docdelorean88

"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

BentonGrey

Hooray!  That's great news!  We'll pray it stays that way and starts to shrink!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

spydermann93

Quote from: daglob on May 18, 2015, 10:26:13 PMon the positive side, the cancer doctor told me today that he believes the cancer is in remission. While it's not gone, it's not growing, either.

DaGlob's real superhuman ability? Immortality.

This is wonderful news, Glob!

deanjo2000

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

stumpy

Quote from: daglob on May 18, 2015, 10:26:13 PMon the positive side, the cancer doctor told me today that he believes the cancer is in remission. While it's not gone, it's not growing, either.

As with many things in life (a big belly, reality TV, etc.), that often the best outcome one is likely to get. ;-)

Kidding aside, this is awesome news, daglob! Congratulations and here's hoping for at least 100 years of continued remission.  :D
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Amazo Version 2.2

this is awesome news daglob. you're one of the good guys daglob, so it's really sweet to hear that you have good news!  :thumbup:
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

John Jr.

Great news, DG!
Looks like this "Cancer" guy is running away, DG! He knows when he is outgunned .
And please, keep us posted, we're looking forward for more good news!

daglob

I've had to increase the dosage of my pain medication. I expected this, but still... The main problem is that it nearly knocks me out for awhile after I take it, so I will have to plan things "in between" doses. It may mean that I'll have to quit work (since I can't drive when the room is spinning all funny), and if the police stop me I won't be able to explain things because I sound like Crazy Guggenheim (If you remember him... ). My present occupation is file clerk for the Mobile Municipal Court, meaning that I get to sort and file traffic tickets. I'd hate to see one with my name on it...

Hopefully the pain will subside after my next treatment (July 6).

hoss20

Is Short or Long Term Disability a possibility for you? You will clearly have all of the necessary documentation needed for approval. You could combine this FMLA (to keep your job while you're out, if necessary). I guess I should have read back a bit in the thread to see if you had discussed this already.

daglob

Actually, I've been awarded regular disability; apparently stage 4 cancer is grounds for that. I'm trying to keep working mainly because I don't want to quit. It's a part time minimum wage job, but it's mine.

To confuse things, I woke up this morning with less pain than I've had in a week. I was able to take the milder pain medication, finish some stuff for Alex, and head out for some errands.

I'm ready for this cancer stuff to be over with, and get back to my life.

hoss20

Well, I know that if you're on regular disability, there's a limit on the amount of money you can make for yourself; so I guess the part-time, minimum wage job kind of fits the bill. I also know how important it is for anyone dealing with a severe illness to maintain some portion of a "normal" life, so I'm glad to hear that you're still working.

Epimethee

Hopefully, less pain than before becomes the norm, so you can get by with less medication and side effects. Keep up the good fight!

Glitch Girl

Sorry I've been absent through most of your trials DaGlob, but happy to hear it's in remission!  That is excellent news.  Here's to continuing improvements.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

BentonGrey

Urg, that's no fun DG.  I hope you can manage things without too much trouble.  As GG said, here's to continuing improvements! Hear, hear!
God Bless

daglob

Well, PSA stands at less than 0.1 (which is good), and the doctor doesn't think the pain has anything to do with the cancer. his opinion: old age  :banghead:

And he doesn't want to see me for three months (although this thing in my chest will still take monthly maintenance).

spydermann93

I hope that your treatment went well a couple days ago, DG!

I'm praying for you! :thumbup:

DRAT! Ninja'd by DaGlob! By about 10 minutes... :unsure:

You must've scared your doctor.  Too much man for him to handle.