The good, the bad, and the ugly-More Tests...

Started by daglob, January 31, 2015, 07:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

If it means we get to keep you around for awhile, I'm good with you not having super powers.  :D

daglob

I guess I shouldn't have complained the other day when Windows 10 decided to show me how wonderful the tablet format was on my desktop and keep me from that old outmoded desktop I've been using (so Windows 7). Anyway, I pushed the on button this morning and it fell inside the case. :doh:

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

There is a big rainmaker on the Gulf Coast of Florida. They say it will ride the coast west towards Texas, and will be here along Tuesday-Wedenssday and be gone by Friday. It might be a tropical storm by the time it gets here.

I'm overjoyed.  :(

kkhohoho

Quote from: daglob on August 07, 2016, 10:13:40 PM
There is a big rainmaker on the Gulf Coast of Florida. They say it will ride the coast west towards Texas, and will be here along Tuesday-Wedenssday and be gone by Friday. It might be a tropical storm by the time it gets here.

I'm overjoyed.  :(

And this is why I don't live in Florida. ;) (That and the HIV-poo throwing monkeys. Yes, they exist.)

Seriously though, wish you luck and stay safe. Though really, you honestly might want to think about a change in scenery after this. (Unless you like having to deal with monstrous storms of ridiculous proportions every year? ;))
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

BentonGrey

Haha, Kk, I grew up on the Gulf Coast.  Hurricanes are just a fact of life.  You get used to them, and I'd prefer a hurricane you can see coming for days over a tornado that can drop out of the sky without warning any day.

Stay dry DG!  Hopefully it won't be too rough.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

daglob

Hurricanes, earthquakes, blizzards, nor'easters, tsunamis, tornadoes... it's something no matter where you go. As Benton says, you get used to what you have. A topical storm is mostly just rain, And more rain. And when that quits, you get more rain, and a little wind. My house is high enough, with nothing higher between me and the Gulf, so flooding isn't a problem.

kkhohoho

Quote from: daglob on August 08, 2016, 01:52:58 AM
Hurricanes, earthquakes, blizzards, nor'easters, tsunamis, tornadoes... it's something no matter where you go. As Benton says, you get used to what you have. A topical storm is mostly just rain, And more rain. And when that quits, you get more rain, and a little wind. My house is high enough, with nothing higher between me and the Gulf, so flooding isn't a problem.

I guess. It's just that where I live, there aren't tropical storms, hurricanes, or earthquakes, and barely any blizzards or tornadoes or anything else. My home's in the Twin Cities, which somehow manages to be shielded from most of the really bad sh*t that much of the rest of Minnesota gets, and while we do occasionally get them, it tends to only happen every few years if that. The worst we get most of the time are thunderstorms, and while a few of them can get a touch dicey, they don't tend to be on the level of tropical storms. Basically, anything we get that is really bad happens infrequently enough that it's impossible to actually get used to it all, so while a hurricane or a tropical storm or the like may be business as usual for most people, it's still kind of a horror story for us.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

daglob

...tried to kill me too. It was just doing it sslloooooowwwly... I finally decided that all the symptoms were symptoms .Problem is, as I've said before, I have arthritis in my spine, borderline diabetes, tinnitus, problems with fluid retention (the cancer treatment), asthma, migraines, and I am getting older, so why would I notice a backache, blisters, ringing in my ears, swollen ankles, a cough, headaches, and "that tired feeling"? The shaking in my hands while not constant, was what really bothered me. I was stuttering when I typed or mouse-clicked, and had to work on drawings when he shaking was the mildest. The scary thing was watching how the light danced off the blade of a knife I was going to use to slice some cheese, and decided that I did not want to be holding that cheese at that time.

So, on the fourth blood pressure med.

SHEESH!

spydermann93

BentonGrey

Man, blood pressure medication is really sort of a crap-shoot from what I understand (3rd hand).  Still, they'll get it right in time.  I hope that it is sooner rather than later!  I'm sorry you're having to deal with all of this, my friend, but as you said the other day, I'm glad you're here TO deal with it.  You're in my prayers every day.
God Bless

daglob

daglob

They keep shifting Hermine's storm track farther and farther west. It is funny and sad to see the local weatherman saying "Well, it probably won't affect us much, the latest track is still a long way off, but it keeps moving westward all the time, so you should probably watch it, but don't worry." I don't know who he is trying to convince.

The coast along Gulf Shores and Dauphin Island is already flooding. And the thing is still a long way off.

Cyber Burn

Man, this sounds bad. I'm going to assume it's too late to get a Flood Policy added to your Home Owners Insurance? Just make sure those Comics are safe...and you too...Make sure you're safe too.  :P

daglob

I don't think this house has flood insurance. It's at elevation 185 with nothing higher between here and the Gulf. There is a wind damage policy, though.

We only got a little rain yesterday and a cool steady wind. There was some beach erosion, and the coastal flooding, but when it come down to it, we missed it all.

spydermann93

Yeah, all I got was rain; nothing annoying.

Oddly enough, we actually had LESS rain than usual. :P

Florida; am I right? :wacko:

daglob

BentonGrey

DG, I'm glad that it isn't affecting y'all too much.
God Bless

DireWolf

daglob

That's no fun. From what I understand you can have a typhoon any time of the year. Other than that, they are pretty much identical to a hurricane.

Although... I think our first hurricane was early this year,...

DireWolf

They 8can8 wind up with higher sustained winds then hurricanes (bigger area to grow the storms in the Pacific) but aside from that. not much different. Typhoons do have very erratic storm tracks. Okinawa hasn't been hit by one in more then a year but we keep getting brush by rain storms spun off by ones heading north.

daglob

So, I've had to stop the 4th blood pressure medication.

This is getting monotonous.

BentonGrey

Darn it, I thought they had it licked with that one!  I'm sorry, my friend, I'm sure that is getting old. 
God Bless

spydermann93

Quote from: daglob on September 21, 2016, 04:17:40 AM
So, I've had to stop the 4th blood pressure medication.

This is getting monotonous.

Have they taken into account your rubbery, robotic, body?

I reeeaaallly hope the next medication works for you.

daglob

Well, they are trying to get rid of the fluid that was building up in my chest with diuretics. I mean, I'm, taking a kind of Flowmax so that I don't spend my life in the bathroom...

But... I did get a chest x-ray. No evidence of mutation yet. Don't feel like turning green or anything.

daglob

Ahh... bp medicine wasn't just bloating me up like a tick, it was inflaming my bronchial tubes.

So another chest x-ray and more and stronger steroids.

Might turn green yet... need to find me some purple stretch pants...

BentonGrey

Ahh man, I'm sorry DG!  That's no good. 

Better stock up on purple stretch pants just in case.
God Bless

daglob

I've got the stronger steroid pills...

I've got a steroid inhaler...

I've even got a steroid nose spray...

I'm chock full of steroids.

My foot doesn't hurt, my knees don't hurt, my shoulders don't hurt, my back doesn't hurt as much... I haven't felt this good in months.

Unfortunately, it will all be gone in a month... and I'll turn back into Bruce Banner.