The good, the bad, and the ugly-More Tests...

Started by daglob, January 31, 2015, 07:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Why would you want to be puny Banner?

PUNY BANNER IS DUMB!

BentonGrey

Better get in your town-destroying rampage while you can.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better man, even if only for a while.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

The problem is various doctor visits have been keeping me away from home, and I haven't been able to work on anything. Maybe tomorrow...

spydermann93

Well, you could just leap to your house in one bound, so it isn't too bad :P

Glitch Girl

So instead of being DaGlob, you're now DaBrick?

I'll see myself out.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

daglob

DaHulk?

The really bad and ugly part of this is that I realize how much pain I've been in, and eventually I'll have to go back to it. I can understand why people get hooked on medications when faced with going back to how they felt. Add to that both my mother's and father's families are full of addictive personality types.

I'm screwed. Either way.

Although, they tracked my "essential tremor" (hidden by the way my hands shook from the bp meds) down to one of my medications, and I'm off it to see how much it really matters. I can still see a little shake, but the vibrations are gone. I mean, if they were supersonic and I could walk through walls, maybe, but they have just really been messing up my art.

BentonGrey

Being able to vibrate yourself invisible could also be quite helpful.

Man, I'm sorry.  Addiction seems to run in my family too.  It does add another worry.

I'm glad to hear that they've made some progress with the tremors, though.  That's awesome.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

spydermann93

In all seriousness Glob, I'm glad that you're doing better, even if it is artificially better.  Any better is better than not better, I guess :P

Also, speaking of "DaBrick" and "DaHulk", didn't you make a skin for the Male_Hulking_Brute_Kirby mesh that was your avatar? Maybe I'm just crazy, but I seem to remember that :wacko:

daglob

I did this kitbash years ago. Originally I gave The Glob Shape-Shift, and his shapes were Mr. Fantastic T,  pink and green versions of Adam West Batman, George Reeves Superman, Spiderman, and The Hulk (on one of the Sandman meshes). I can't remember who did the skin originally, but it was perfect for what I wanted after a little Photoshopping. I always intended to do my own, but after one upgrade on the computer Shape-Shift quit working (I don't have permission or something; I don't remember what the error message was), and I never went further.

There is another where I just slapped the skin I use on a Male Hulking mesh or something.

BentonGrey

God Bless

stumpy

Sure, Banner isn't as flashy, but you'd never get past the Olympic screening process with the green body. ;-)
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

spydermann93

SickAlice

In one of my treatments a year ago they tried a new med on me that actually made me look just like that picture except not muscular, aka I turned into a big pink Hulk with big red lips to boot.  <_<

Reepicheep

Ditto with the steroids. I also got the angry headaches, but the whole muscular abomination thing didn't quite kick in as hoped.

daglob

In all this, I have generally given you the bad and the ugly and tried to see the humor in it (if I couldn't see the humor in all this, I'd just sit in the corner and cry), but I want to say something about the good: my family. My brother and sister have given help emotionally and financially, never complaining about their older sibling. I can never repay them; I don't even know how to begin. And they did this while taking care of their own families. My aunt in Fort Walton has helped when she could (often by just being herself-the family knows what I mean) and my step mother (step mother #2; #1 was the Wicked Witch of the West, North, South and East) has given whatever help she could.

My daughter and her husband have helped me in way too numerous to mention. She has tried to be with me at every doctor's appointment, usually with questions that I hadn't thought of. She is also the one who decided to start researching my medications and discovered that they were trying to kill me. She has popped in here a few times to see what was going on when I didn't have access, and typed an answer or a comment for me. She has been a loving and caring daughter, and done everything she could for me. My son-in-law has let her (there are some who would not have), as well as helping to keep my grass mowed (Mobile has laws about keeping your grass cut) and any number of other physical tasks I've been too sick to do (this on top of having a real job he works very hard at).

And the best thing of all, my daughter has never, ever given me a tie for Father's Day; I get books and remote control robots and Swiss Army Pens and stuff.

All and all I could never have hoped to be this blessed.

stumpy

Particularly against the backdrop of a very trying time for you, your sense of perspective and appreciation for the people around you are inspiring. Thank you for that post, daglob.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

daglob

Over the years I have received help, advice, and encouragement from just about everyone who has ever dropped by here. People have taught me stuff, give me pointers on how to do some things, and even did the work for me: Bearded posted some stuff for me when I was unable to access my Yahoo groups, and Cyber Burn, Hoss, Detourne_me, Dr. Challenger, Peerless, Yell0w Lantern, Zivon, Avalon, Herodad, Catman/Sick Alice, Tommyboy, Johnny Patches... the list of those who have made me meshes, scopes, and pieces goes on and on...

Those of us who hang around here enjoy the game and the way you can add things to it. We all want everyone else to have as much fun as we do, so everyone here is generous with their time and skills to make that happen.

And when one of us has trouble (y'know, like cancer), they will get encouragement, prayers, sympathy... whatever is needed.

The Good Part 2 is you guys.

spydermann93

It's really amazing to hear that your family is so helpful and supportive of you, Glob. :D

Sounds like an incredible bunch of folks you have there.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on October 12, 2016, 12:10:53 AM
It's really amazing to hear that your family is so helpful and supportive of you, Glob. :D

Sounds like an incredible bunch of folks you have there.

Agreed.  :thumbup:

Your positive attitude during all of this has really been inspiring, it really shows the quality of your character.

BentonGrey

Double agree, DG.  I'm so glad that you've had such support and help from your family.  That's awesome, and you've absolutely been an inspiration to us.
God Bless

daglob

That's what having the flu AND pneumonia is.

BentonGrey

Urg!  That's a horrible double whammy!  Get better soon, my friend.  We will keep you in our prayers in the Grey household, more than usual!
God Bless

daglob

Two doses of Tammiflu, a shot of antibiotics, two doses of antibiotic pills, and more steroids (woohoo) later, I think I'll live.

My granddaughter got a laugh out of it, though, my daughter called it "flumonia" and her child thought that was hilarious.

BentonGrey

God Bless

Incredible Bulk

I just now Saw this, im so sorry your dealing with this awful situation, my prayers to you. Your a great forum member and a great resource to the forum and a big help for people like me that ask a million questions. Fight the fight. Beat it!  I'm so happy to know those close to you anf around you have rallied. Continues to fight we will keep you in prayer and thoughts
Sith Prime

daglob

Quote from: Incredible Bulk on October 23, 2016, 03:27:03 PM
I just now Saw this, im so sorry your dealing with this awful situation, my prayers to you. Your a great forum member and a great resource to the forum and a big help for people like me that ask a million questions. Fight the fight. Beat it!  I'm so happy to know those close to you anf around you have rallied. Continues to fight we will keep you in prayer and thoughts

One can never have enough prayers. Thank you.

daglob

So, nine months later, I get into an exercise program. I couldn't go last week because I was contagious, but this week looks good.

And I'm on a diet. No bread/starches, no sugar, no salt, no caffeine. You know, all the things that make life worth living. Since the blood pressure meds all tried to kill me, I'm going to have to control it without them. Losing weight will be the key. It should also take some of the strain off my back.

Actually, the doctor said to cut way back on them. She said it would be easier to do it I made some allowances. So, I have a 2-cup coffee pot, and I make coffee on Saturday, then drink one cup and save the other one for Sunday. Today for lunch I will eat a sandwich. Yesterday, I used my Nuwave oven to air-fry some chicken (which worked this time, last time it was an epic fail) and roast some vegetables. I'm trying to find stuff with a lot of strong flavors (like kosher pickles,  giardiniera, sardines), and use lemon juice and malt vinegar on veggies instead of salt. I have lost 14 pounds in two weeks (of course, the flu may have helped).

BentonGrey

DG, that sounds very tough, but very worthwhile!  I'm really excited that you've got a good plan and are seeing some results.  I know folks who have gone through similar (though less serious) measures and who have seen dramatic improvements in their health, so I'm really hopeful that this will work well for you.  As always, we're rooting and praying for you, my friend.  I'll ask Lady Grey, who is an amazing chef, if she has any suggestions.
God Bless

hmarrs

Quote from: daglob on January 31, 2015, 07:47:05 PM
I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer. It is a particularly aggressive form, so much so that it has spread to the point that surgery is no longer an option. So they are going to try hormone therapy on it.

In 1998, they gave my father six months to two years to live, and decided to try the hormone therapy on him because who knows? It might do some good. He is in his fourth year "cancer free", so obviously the therapy works. I don't think I'm quite as far along as my father was, so I believe that I have a good chance. I've got some slight pain, and know that from my father's case, it will get worse before it gets better. I'll also never father another child (but check out my age; I have no business having a kid), and may have what are euphemistically called "intimacy issues", but, hey, dead people have those problems too, and they don't get to see sunsets, eat chocolate, read the next Doc Savage book, and play with their grandchild (or play Freedom Force), all things I have to look forward do.

What annoys me (other than the whole getting up four or five or ten times at night), is that they squirted chemicals into my veins, injected me with radioactive substances, put me in big machines and zapped me with weird energies, and I didn't develop even one super-power.
I just saw this and have been reading and catching up...Im kind of upset at myself for being away so long..Yes Id pop on and off but not long enough to inquiry about anyone...
Id sometimes just come on to see the latest Releases and updates but we are people first with issues and real life problems I Myself took some time away for a Hiatus because of personal issues.
I also Found out Bearded has been sick as well...I can still remember a brother who used to be on here who passed away by his own hand and wont mention his name out of respect and feeling the sorrow in my heart because I wondered how many times he could have been reached out too.I don't know if it means anything and hopefully you can understand but you can only understand if you feel the same way..
But you guys are my friends..Its been 14 years...You guys have been my escape in my Midnight hours...Where I have been up feeding my Babies that are teenagers now..where I would go to get my mind off of my issues.. even now as I go through what I'm going through now..as brothers I have even Argued with some of you seen some of you argue with each other but in the end we have always been there for each each other through our Mutual love for what we do...I ask myself why are we so committed to this and its because these are the things and the dreams of our childhood and although time goes by and go through changes we are not willing to give that up because we may grow up but never have to grow old and If growing up means giving up on those dreams then I for one never want to grow up we should forever keep that child alive.
So we will forever be a bunch of 8 and 9 year olds in the Basements,Tree houses,Bedrooms under the Covers with a Flashlights reading our Comics books and captivated by the Superheroes that we Daydream about...
Something in us that must live on.
Long Live Freedom Force and long Live Freedom Reborn!!!!
THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THAT  YOU ALL HAVE GIVEN ME.
HMARRS

daglob