The good, the bad, and the ugly-More Tests...

Started by daglob, January 31, 2015, 07:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Deaths Jester

If you're asking me, DG, I got no clue....all I know is this clear liquid stuff that says alcohol on the side of it tastes wonderful...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

daglob

Carolyn Crane died today. I know this means little to you, but she was my mother-in-law for seven years. Funny thing is, although my ex divorced me, her family didn’t. Her grandmother sent me Christmas presents, as did her mother, and her mother kept me supplied with oyster dressing around Thanksgiving (don’t knock it ‘til you try it, and don’t try it if you don’t like oysters). My ex’s aunt gave me some furniture when I moved out. Once when I picked up my daughter from her grandmother’s house, my ex’s father came out to the car and told me that my ex didn’t know what she wanted, and I hadn’t done anything wrong. Many times I felt like a stranger in my own family, but I never felt that way with my ex’s. Carolyn has been my mother for nearly 40 years. I will miss her a lot.

Cyber Burn

My condolences Daglob.

QuoteMany times I felt like a stranger in my own family, but I never felt that way with my ex's.

I can definitely relate to you here. I feel more welcome with my Wife's family than I do my own, more so with recent events.

BentonGrey

I'm very sorry, DG.  It sounds like she was a wonderful woman.  I'm glad that you had such a good relationship during her time here.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

daglob

...is the pits.

I haven't been worked that hard by a woman since I got divorced.

Although... I can climb the single step between the carport and the house without using my hands to pull me up.

spydermann93

Quote from: daglob on November 13, 2017, 03:42:45 AM
Carolyn Crane died today. I know this means little to you, but she was my mother-in-law for seven years. Funny thing is, although my ex divorced me, her family didn't. Her grandmother sent me Christmas presents, as did her mother, and her mother kept me supplied with oyster dressing around Thanksgiving (don't knock it 'til you try it, and don't try it if you don't like oysters). My ex's aunt gave me some furniture when I moved out. Once when I picked up my daughter from her grandmother's house, my ex's father came out to the car and told me that my ex didn't know what she wanted, and I hadn't done anything wrong. Many times I felt like a stranger in my own family, but I never felt that way with my ex's. Carolyn has been my mother for nearly 40 years. I will miss her a lot.

That's horrible, Glob. :(

I'm very sorry to here that somebody so close to you passed away. That's awful.

Focus on the memories that you have of her. Talk to your family and friends (and us!). Stay active and busy. Losing a family member is always hard, but if you need to talk, feel free to pm me.

BentonGrey

Ha, that's a hard earned step, but I hope that it becomes easier as you go.  Keep working hard man!
God Bless

daglob

Deaths Jester

It's for your own good, DG...just keep repeating that....

daglob

I'm typing this using a screen driver that was probably new when I had an 80286. Because the fine folks at Microsoft decided I needed a new video card, when WX updated yesterday, the screen of my computer went whonky. According to all the diagnostics the card was fine, the drivers were new, and everything worked just fine. Finally, I found when the computer updated, the graphics card drivers were not correctly installed. I went to AMD, got the driver, and installed them myself... and they didn't install. It took awhile, but I finally tracked down a page at AMD that listed the adapters that were supported by WX, and my card was not among them. It said, as a matter of fact, that any card below a certain series above mine was not supported.

But if that is true, why did it work yesterday? :banghead:

In addition, it changed several of my preferences (so it could show me all the neat things I have turned off can do... and I had to shut up Cortana again). But what this means is that FF skins, which are 7.11X7.11 look like they are 6X10. Text on the screen is larger and stretched out, adds on the sides of the screen can cover the readable sections because hey are even larger than anything else. :thumbdown:

At least it didn't reset the screen to Tablet Mode, like it did once...

Deaths Jester

...and there are people who wonder why I hate Microsoft...

daglob

Besides giving me eyestrain and a headache, several programs won't run, like CTool and Google Earth. However, FFv3R looks just fine, I just can't run the game.

stumpy

This is one among the many reasons I dislike Windows 10's mandated automatic Windows Updates.  :thumbdown:  Let me know what updates are available and what they do, then let me decide which ones I want and when to install them.

[BTW, I am not generally an MS basher. But, software companies (and not just MS) often have this attitude that "Since you bought some software from us, we now know what's best for you and your PC and you have given up any easy way to make your own decisions." Can't they understand how annoying that is for users who want to have some say in how software the user has bought affects the user's own computer?

And, yes, I do know that there are good reasons for automatic updates, both in terms of security and in terms keeping user's systems reasonably easy to support. I still maintain that the PC owner should have the final say.]

daglob, one thing you might look into is using System Restore to roll back the most recent update. That is supposed to work, though I have not had to use it on my W10 box, yet.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

daglob

I have rolled back or uninstalled updates before... there was the time Photoshop quit working... but the interface that was easy to read and figure out what to do was replaced by a simplistic yet confusing list.

I can't be the only person this happened to. When PS quit there was another update within a couple of days that fixed whatever they had screwed up.

But now the laptop is trying to update, and Google Earth has already told me that it doesn't like the new drivers, or maybe lack thereof.

Deaths Jester

...and now we all know why I searched high and low for a Win7 disk when I was forced to rebuild my comp even though Microsoft was forcing Win10 on everyone. Complete control of updates and a much more stable os.

Cyber Burn

Don't know if it helps or not, but, after my niece had updated her laptop to W10 from 8.1, she started having a lot of issues. So while I was helping her troubleshoot it, from everything I read, I found that 8.1 had a glitch in the programming, and things needed to update in a certain order, or else it wouldn't take. But there still seems to be 1 problem update, and that's the problem one. Everytime that this one specific update installs, it adds things that a lot of computers don't have/need, so the whole update fails. With her Laptop and mine, this caused repetitive reboots and reinstalls of that same update. We ended up turning off automatic updates, and have been installing updates manually, with the exception of that one update, and both her W10 and my W8.1, seem to be doing alright.

For my 8.1, this is the Update that kept causing me problems, but once I disabled it, I was able to keep all my FFvt3R stuff working.

And for my Niece's W10, this is the Update that kept causing her problems, but once we disabled it, she said her Laptop hasn't given her any problems since.

daglob

That's not what mine looks like, but I appreciate the help. However, after working on the thing for several hours a day, I managed to re-install some old drivers, and, for the time being, it works.

daglob

daglob

spydermann93

Wish that I could help ya, mate, but this is beyond me :(

daglob

stumpy

Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Deaths Jester

...now if we can only cure you of the vile booze free virus...

WyldFyre

For Freedom!

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Silver Shocker

"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com