The good, the bad, and the ugly-More Tests...

Started by daglob, January 31, 2015, 07:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigisan

Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

BentonGrey

Yeah, stuff with your back is terrible.  Everything is effected by that.  Glad you're feeling better, man!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

MikeB7

daglob

BentonGrey

I'm sure you're managing that, my friend.  I'm glad we get to know you and CONTINUE to know you!  :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on May 12, 2018, 11:30:36 PM
Quote from: MikeB7 on May 12, 2018, 09:42:24 PM
You are quite awesome, daglob! 

I'm just trying to be deserving of my family.

?then you've more than succeeded my friend, a thousand times over.  :thumbup:

daglob

Three years ago today I picked this little fellow up out of the middle of a busy street where he was dodging trucks in a rainstorm:

He's up around 15 pounds now...

MikeB7

Aww, adorable.  :thumbup: 

She's my buddy. My buddies are usually goofballs.  From a rescue league

daglob

BentonGrey

Aww, two adorable furry friends!  Both of our cats are rescues, and we always joke that they are like Goofus and Gallant.  One wants to be good, and the other just wants to be bad!
God Bless

Deaths Jester

KITTY!!!  ME WANT KITTY!!!!   GIVE KITTY TO DJ!!!!

<- secretly a MAJOR cat lover....has tons of them...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

MikeB7

Here's one from FR's heyday.  Emma the kittycat passed away many years ago

daglob

daglob

Haven't posted much, I'm what is called "down in my back"... I have another pinched nerve. The good news is steroids Friday.

The ugly is that my brother has prostate cancer. His is not as aggressive as mine, so his prognosis is good.

daglob

Quite frankly, this past spell with my back was hell. It hurt so bad I was nauseous (and in the spirit of "good,bad,ugly" I have lost six pounds), and the rest of the time I'd just lay in bed rather than get up and drag myself to the kitchen. So, here I am choc full of steroids and am a lot better... but not up to what I usually consider "normal".

So, I have to sweep the house, make pizza sauce, do a little scoping, get legal help taking possession of this house from my brother (at his request), feed the cats (my son-in-law changed the litter), wash the dishes, and scores of things I've been putting off.

Cyber Burn

I gotta tell you 'Glob, you have no idea how many times I've come to this thread for inspiration. No matter how the cards are dealt, you never fold, and you just keep playing your hand.

I really can't thank you enough for keeping this thread going.

daglob

What's the use of being miserable if you can't commiserate?

Truth is, I come here when I'm feeling down and read the comments. The people here are, as I said, part of the "good" in this whole mess.

MikeB7

I've always been open in the fact FR helped me, distracted me, and gave me a meaningful purpose during challenging IRL times.  Its what's kept me coming back even all these years later.  There are just special people here with great spirits and an appreciation for stuff that makes others smile.  Glad to hear you've had some relief, daglob.   

daglob

The epidural did not work as it was supposed to; things are as bad as they were before it. I have an appointment Friday to see what went wrong, and just in case they want to try again I can't take my arthritis meds.

Spent all day Thursday in bed. Yesterday my six-pound alpha female cat started trying to bulldoze me off the bed and grunted and hollered the whole time. Almost sounded like a dog.

Lost another pound :).

daglob

... Room.

Yep, sitting in the emergency room, cellulitis in my leg, arthritis in my spine, and wanting to go home.

BentonGrey

Aww man, DG, that sounds rather unpleasant.  Urg!  Sorry my friend!  I hope that the alpha female cat will be a bit more sympathetic when you get home!
God Bless

daglob

So, I got to stay in the hospital being pumped full of antibiotics for four days and when I cam home I came down with a cold.  :angry:

I've lost around ten pounds,now, but it took several days for Lenore to forgive me. She started nagging as soon as I got home, though.

Deaths Jester

Hospitals: we always make sure you leave here with something to remind you of your stay...

daglob

Deaths Jester

...at least he's only a disturbance at the moment. If he makes it to the Gulf...well, yeah...

BentonGrey

Sorry to hear about that, my friend!  I hope you're feeling better!  Nothing like a trip to the hospital to make one sick.  :P
God Bless

daglob

BentonGrey

God Bless

daglob

Yeah, a lot of stuff. As I mentioned, the last epidural did not work like the previous ones. However, I had one this past Tuesday, and so far, so good. I was waiting until I believed it could last until after New Years, so the past few weeks have been bad. This is why I'm missing a week or so someplace. It's all been just one long ache.

In addition, my brother just started treatment for prostate cancer. His prognosis is better than mine was, so... And the lucky so-an-so gets radiation in addition to the weird chemicals and zappy machines.  :angry:

I am also in he process of getting ownership of the house I'm living in. That's all sorts of good, bad, and ugly all at once.

And this:

This is the kitten I picked up out of the street three and a half years ago.

Deaths Jester