The good, the bad, and the ugly-More Tests...

Started by daglob, January 31, 2015, 07:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Jr.

I'm sad to hear about your health issues, DG. I hope things get better to you and your brother.

daglob

...cancer free.

And I now own the house I am living in, despite what Lenore (my little alpha female) believes.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

BentonGrey

Man, that is awesome!  Way to go, DG!  I am very glad that we've still got you around, my friend!  :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

OrWolvie1

That is great news! Hope the worst of it is finally behind you!  :thumbup:

MikeB7

Wonderful news all around!  Congratulations!  Glob on, buddy!   :thumbup:

Deaths Jester

...but you never developed super powers?!?!?!  We must keep trying to irradiate you or get some toxic thingy to bite you and get you those superpowers!!!!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Deaths Jester on December 07, 2018, 06:26:10 PM
...but you never developed super powers?!?!?!  We must keep trying to irradiate you or get some toxic thingy to bite you and get you those superpowers!!!!

Toxic thingy?  Is that any relation to Minute Man's sticky stick thing?
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Deaths Jester

No, PG, Minuteman's sticky stick thingy is closer to...umm....shall we say more  potential "adult entertainment" thingies instead of toxic thingies.

John Jr.

Quote from: daglob on December 07, 2018, 03:25:29 AM
...cancer free.

And I now own the house I am living in, despite what Lenore (my little alpha female) believes.

Wonderful news, DG! Congrats!

daglob

I had a cat die today. Her name was Natalia; she was a scrawny little gray striped tabby who weighed in at 5 pounds or so. She was the runt of the litter from a cat who showed up on my daughter's front porch ready to deliver. The sad thing is, she never really had someone of her own. She spent a lot of time hiding or in inaccessible places. I don't know why. She was with me for ten years or so, but she barely allowed me to pet her or even hold her. I'm hoping where she goes she finds things better than here.

OrWolvie1

Incredible Bulk

Sorry to hear. Losing a pet is hard really hard
Sith Prime

BentonGrey

Ohh, I'm sorry my friend.  That is hard, and harder knowing that she didn't have the joy of a bond.  My sympathies, DG. 

I trust that all suffering will one day be made whole, ours, but also theirs. 
God Bless

daglob

Actually, there isn't one.

However, along with not being able to balance on my feet and them feeling cold all the time, I am having ghost sensations. Back in October I was walking around with an imaginary splinter in my foot. I checked, I felt around on my foot, but it wasn't there. Another time I slid my feet under my covers into a pool of liquid... that wasn't there either (man, was I mad at the cats for a moment). Now, I have a rock in my shoe. Even when I am barefoot. There is no way to get rid of an imaginary rock...

Of course, I am around to complain about this so...

daglob

stumpy

Trying to decide if that's better or worse than a real ingrown toenail and an imaginary flu. <scratches head>

Sorry to head that DG. I think the more problems you can move to the imaginary column, the better. Then just chalk it up to your surfeit of creativity needing an outlet.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

daglob

This is Diego. His owners tossed him out of his house and moved, leaving him behind. He tore up his leg trying to get back inside after they left. He's now in my back bathroom re-learning how to use a litter box.

He is missing his tail, it seems from an amputation that healed long ago. He also has 22 toes. I gave him the name because I was thinking of naming him Zorro, but he doesn't act like Zorro, he acts like Don Diego. So: Diego.

Deaths Jester

How could they just leave such a handsome black kitty?!? Mean people!

Good job saving him, DG!

daglob

Yeah, I'm trying to be his good to counter the bad and the ugly of his previous owners.

Deaths Jester

...and he's a polydactal!!! Such a special, handsome kitty!!

<- is secretly the crazy cat person who gives all the feral and stray kitties a home in his area...

BentonGrey

People are awful.  Good on you for adopting him, DG!  As DJ said, he's a handsome looking fellow.  I can just imagine exactly what you mean about him acting more like Don Diego.  That's hilarious!

Lady Grey is a crazy cat lady, and we are definitely a cat household, so we sympathize. 

I'm very sorry for the nephropathy troubles, man.  I hope you're feeling better.  You remain in our prayers.  I hope your new feline overlord will take it easy on you.
God Bless

daglob

Epidural Monday.

Diego has learned how to use the litter box (or maybe re-learned), and had his little operation. He gets turned loose a week from Monday.

daglob

I ordered a book from Amazon, and was notified when it shipped. Unlike a lot of orders, this one had no way to track it, I guess because the seller guaranteed that he book would be there in one week after it shipped. Come the day (a Thursday), no book. I waited to see if it came in the next day and the next (Saturday), but still no book. Their little not-really-tracking-thingie said that it should have been delivered by now, so I e-mailed them. They said they would loo into it. I had not heard back from them a week later, and still no book, so I e-mailed them again. They apologized and refunded my money. So I ordered the book from another seller. They provided a tracking number and updates on Amazon's site. It took forever to ship, and waited n Arizona for several days (the weather maybe?), and made it to Atlanta Sunday. Once a package hits Atlanta, it is almost always here within a couple of days, sometimes even the next day. I checked it yesterday morning and the tracking thingie said it was at the local distribution center, and should be delivered by 8:00 PM today (Tuesday). Today, I checked it again, and was informed that it was in Birmingham. I called the local postmaster, and she said that if she had to guess ti was put in the wrong bin when it was sorted. By this time, it had been sent to Montgomery. She said that she would flag it, and whenever it was scanned, they should get a note that it had been misdirected and to send it my way. This evening, it was back in Mobile; I was afraid it might get sent back to Atlanta, since EVERYTHING around here gets routed through Atlanta, but no, it is here. Now, it still hasn't been delivered, so I don't know if I'm going to have to order it a third time.

daglob

The book came in, finally, but that's now why I'm here.

As I mentioned before, one of the good things in my life is my son-in-law. He came over yesterday, climbed up on the roof, and used a pipe snake to get rid of a clogged drain. He did this on the way home from his night shift job. It was already almost 90 degrees.

BentonGrey

Man, that is a good son-in-law.  That's awesome, DG!
God Bless

SickAlice

You got more good things in life. Just popped in this one to see how it is going and had to page up. You're here, you survived cancer and a hurricane as far as I've read. Have a house, a cat and caring people. Just remember and I know this one is frustrating at times but most people care it's just that most do not know how to express it, they're stunted in that regard. More and more really people become comfortable with being snarky trolls but most often the words still mean they care about you. You've done well is what I'm saying, give yourself a pat on the back for a life well fought and lived.