The good, the bad, and the ugly-More Tests...

Started by daglob, January 31, 2015, 07:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

daglob

Weight gain, bone loss, and... and... and...

My sister tells me that my memory problems aren't from the hormone treatment, but from the treatment that keeps me from developing osteoporosis. She said that she was having the same problem when she was under treatment for that. Now that it is done, she says she has recovered and is amazed at how good she feels. I don't get to stop as long as I'm on the hormone treatment, and my father was on it for twelve years.  :angry:

On the lighter side, Diego is adjusting to being a house cat fairly well. The other cats still don't like him, but they have begun to ignore him. I'm still putting him in the bathroom when I'm not home and at night (I don't want to have to get up and stop any more cat fights than I already do). He has filled out and his leg has has healed up, although it seems to be a little weaker than the other.

BentonGrey

Well, I guess you've got your pick of causes there, unfortunately.  Sorry my friend.  At least there's the possibility that you might get off of it eventually.  Here's hoping!

Hey, being ignored is pretty close to acceptance for cats!  That's good news.  I hope that they'll come around soon.  It took our boys a month before they stopped trying to murder each other.  :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

Hormone treatment. I'm on that. Honestly I don't think it's as bad as people say. I haven't grown any appendages and there was a bit of an emotional roller coaster in the first month or so but flax seemed to balance it out. Else it's evened out and seems to actually help a bit. And again memory loss friend, that's a if the thunder doesn't get you the lighting will thing. Hit's everyone just the older we get anyways. Notebooks, I live by them. Leave text notes for daily things with your Freedom Force stuff on your PC, so on. It works.

daglob

daglob

It's rained most of the morning. They have issued a Flash Flood Watch because of this. They have reported heavy surf at Gulf Shores and Dauphin Island, with erosion on the West End of The Island. The bridge to Dauphin Island is closed, as is The Causeway across Mobile Bay. I've heard sirens all morning on the nearby main roads. The wind is pretty steady out of the south, with an occasional gust that shakes the trees. They are warning of flooding in the usual places around town that flood under normal rainy conditions.

This is nothing compared to what New Orleans is getting.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

daglob

...which is all sorts of bad and ugly, especially with 60 year old plumbing.

SickAlice

Ohio. A friend lives in Cleveland and was showing me some of the videos today. Yeesh, time to invest in a canoe.

daglob

Probably a pulled muscle. I'm getting on up there, so I decided that I might should go get it checked out.

BentonGrey

Take care, my friend.  Here's hoping it's minor and passes quickly.
God Bless

daglob

Just taking a moment to mention this: my son-in-law's father passed away this morning, after a long fight with an assortment of problems.

BentonGrey

Ahh, sorry for your family and his, my friend.  May the Lord bring peace.
God Bless

SickAlice

daglob

... in four hours. Not as bad as a hurricane, but bad. Half the roads in the city are flooded, and there are house fires that emergency crews can't get to. Sink holes are forming under the water, so even if it looks like the water is only a couple of inches deep, you could lose your truck in it... like on guy over on Dauphin Street. Several "water rescues" (they just said 50 on the news) have been reported, and in places that don't usually flood (everyone kept away from those).

Houston and Beaumont have it worse. Where is DJ again?

cranlox

Forces in difficult times and the best for those affected by destruction

daglob

Still no word from DJ?

Well, here is a current picture of Diego.

And another.

Deaths Jester

Bone dry here...no rain atall.

Diego says, "Why you taking pic of me? You should be worshipping me. Worship your master!"
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Panther_Gunn

The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

SickAlice

I got way lucky and our fall desert flooding happened to skip my town completely. Naturally the desert does not hold well against floods and other cities didn't get so lucky. I'm going to steal your cat BTW, it will happen. You will go to feed it one morning and there will just be a note from me sitting where the cat used to be.

daglob

Quote from: SickAlice on September 21, 2019, 08:49:23 AM
I got way lucky and our fall desert flooding happened to skip my town completely. Naturally the desert does not hold well against floods and other cities didn't get so lucky. I'm going to steal your cat BTW, it will happen. You will go to feed it one morning and there will just be a note from me sitting where the cat used to be.

You had better hurry, or you may have to fight Lenore for him.

For the time being, I can't run my central AC for very long. Nothing is wrong with the unit; the drip pan has come loose, and the condensation fills the pan and runs out over the ceiling to the dining room instead of out the drain (the humidity here is often 80-90%). So, I am using the window unit again, and have a curtain up on the hall doorway. Diego and Henry have discovered that they can play with each other under the curtain... at least until they pull it down.

And I didn't mention that I had an epidural last Friday, so WOOHOO! STEROIDS!. Hardly any bad or ugly this week...

BentonGrey

Diego!  Glad he's keeping you company, my friend.  The bit about them fighting under the curtain is delightful. :D  I hope that the steroids have a good effect! 
God Bless

SickAlice

My cat Peanut died yesterday. He ate a poisonous bug or something.

Not sure if you mean good or bad about steroids? They helped me a bit, side effects were meager.

daglob

Quote from: SickAlice on September 29, 2019, 09:36:43 PM
My cat Peanut died yesterday. He ate a poisonous bug or something.

Not sure if you mean good or bad about steroids? They helped me a bit, side effects were meager.

I'm sorry to hear about that.

SickAlice

daglob

The Windows update today disabled my graphics tablet. I mean, Photoshop barely runs at all (more like it staggers), but his was too much. Re-installing the drivers and setting up the service again (and again), then re-booting the tablet FOUR OR FIVE TIMES has it working for now. I was thinking of asking my family for a newer tablet for Christmas anyway, but I don't like to be forced to upgrade because someone at Microsoft doesn't want to make things backwardly compatible.

AND it disabled my sound again. That is minor, but still...

daglob

BentonGrey

Man, sabotage by update.  I hate that so much.  Sorry DG!
God Bless

daglob