The good, the bad, and the ugly-More Tests...

Started by daglob, January 31, 2015, 07:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

PET scan today. They brought this little lead lined box in and squirted the stuff inside into my veins, then took me to a big machine and bombarded me with something or other.

Nothing. Nada. I don't even glow in the dark, much less develop muscles and acquire the dexterity to throw a shield around.

They are worried that I've lost 30 pounds and have these "nodules" under my skin. Now, I have been trying to lose weight, and the weight lost has been over the past two months and a little more. The nodules may be the little fatty tumors I've had since junior high. The doctor wants to check them, however. I figure he will either do a biopsy or remove one eventually to get a better look at it.

I'm not too worried.

daglob

A funnel cloud went cruising up I-65 earlier, coming about 2 miles from my house, and just a little while ago, a tornado passed less than a quarter of a mile from my daughter's house.

The weather is not good around here today...

SickAlice

Goes without saying you are getting it bad. Glad you're okay. We're getting some residuals from that system but tornado's can't reach mature strength here luckily.

daglob

My best friend in the whole world (since 1970) is in the hospital. Came through surgery okay, and the prognosis is good, but it will be a slow recovery.

SickAlice

Glad they made it. My sponser and bf just passed from cancer, I got the call a week ago. Sort of surrounded by death lately and in a cloud actually, guess it's just that point on my timeline. I'm diving into work and hobby to keep myself from dwelling hence an uptick in releases here.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: SickAlice on November 08, 2019, 08:20:12 PM
Glad they made it. My sponser and bf just passed from cancer, I got the call a week ago. Sort of surrounded by death lately and in a cloud actually, guess it's just that point on my timeline. I'm diving into work and hobby to keep myself from dwelling hence an uptick in releases here.

It seems to be going around.  :angry: 

SickAlice

Too much for comfort. I suppose it's just part of it. My mom now as well. Her levels are doing good this month though. My friend whom was Steve was not doing well when I last saw him but he was in his fifties and never really took care of himself, chain smoked and cigars his whole life as well.

daglob

Test results are in, and the nodules are not active. However, there is a place on my pelvis and my "breasts" that are. So, biopsies in the future, possible radiation and/or surgery.

On the other hand, dead people don't have to worry about this stuff...

But, hey, radiation... we all know that gives you super powers.

SickAlice

I hope they can give you an alternative or just get away with surgery.

daglob

Tomorrow they are going in to get samples. I'm so thrilled I could plotz.

SickAlice

I'm rooting for you friend. My stepdad is back and forth to Mayo right now. Test results came back very negative yesterday. Note this is like his fourth tour with C, second for prostate so bad news is to be expected. Anyways there isn't much they can do that won't do much else than possibly extend him a year or so so we're prepping for the worse, me and mom that is. Cancer is a harsh mistress to be certain.