News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

animated textures for dablob project

Started by bearded, February 01, 2015, 06:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

Is it possible to use hp for which texture to use? Me and dablog want to make something similar to armor that appears to drop off. Transition to alpha'ed skins?

hoss20

Other than setting the skin to Random in a hero editor, I don't know if you can switch between skins. There are two other ways to try as workarounds:

1. Give your initial hero with armor intact the Accidental Change attribute. Then copy that hero and rename him "Hero-damaged" or whatever, and swap out Accidental Change for Involuntary Form. You can give this guy the damaged armor skin. Also, I believe you would set the revert Trigger in the FFX Control Centre to is Never to keep the damaged hero from reverting back to the undamaged one.

2. If you want multiple stages of damage, you can try giving your initial hero the Russian Doll attribute. Then you can make as many copies of this hero as you want damage stages, renaming them "Hero-damage1", "Hero-damage2", and so on. Just remember to remove the Russian Doll attribute from the hero showing the last stage of damage. One thing to keep in mind with this method is that you will need to set up each stage of damage's hero file with a Health that when all hero files are added up, they will equal what you originally want for your hero. Instead of dividing the Endurance number by the number of damage stages, you will want to use this table to equate Endurance to Health:
           Endurance            Health
                  1                       10
                  2                       20
                  3                       40
                  4                       70
                  5                      110
                  6                      160
                  7                      220
                  8                      290
                  9                      370
                 10                     460

For example, if you have a hero with an Endurance of 6 (160 Health) and give him 4 stages of damage (Healthy, Damage1, Damage2, Damage3), then you could set up each hero file with an Endurance of 3 (40 Health x 4 stages of damage=160 Total Health).

One thing you'll probably have to change for either method will be for the FX that play with the transition/character change. I know it's a little clunky, but it should do. I'm thinking that the only way to succeed with the method you had originally inquired about would be through Python scripting, and I'm not even sure about that. If there is an easier way to do it, I'd also love to know what it is.