Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 6 (AKA Cat tries to kill you attempt #1)

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, March 05, 2015, 02:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yes, it's that time again.  This time you'll be facing this dude.

In an alternate future, Baron Blade killed Legacy's daughter, Young Legacy, ending the line of Legacy's forever.  Mad with grief, he killed Blade and conquered the world, determined to bring final peace.  Finding the main timeline, he is determined to bring that same peace to this world, whether anyone wants it or not.
Nemeses: The Freedom Six(future versions of Tachyon, Wraith, Bunker, Absolute Zero, Tempest, and Unity)
Difficulty: Very Hard

So pick your hero and hope you live to tell the tale.

Current lineup

DeathsJester as Guise
Reepicheep as GI Bunker
Uncle Yuan as Dark Visionary
Outcast as the Naturalist
Spade as Team Leader Tachyon

Team: Prime Wardens
Nemesis: Apostate
Mistreated for the pair of wings she is gifted with, Fanatic has chosen to side with the angels--literally--in the fight against evil.  Holy warrior type powered by holy relics.

Nemesis: Ambuscade
A gentile soul gifted with super strength, ancient warrior traditions, and immortality.  He's like the Hulk if the Hulk looked more like a normal person, was highly educated, and was an elementary school teacher for his day job.  Okay, he's nothing like Hulk, but he does like to smash.

Team: Freedom Five (Leader)
Nemesis: Baron Blade, Vengeance Five (Baron Blade)
From a long line of Legacies starting with the Revolutionary War, each generation of Persons have developed a new power and passing it and all previous ones on to the next.  The current Legacy possesses flight, super strength, durability, and danger sense.  His daughter has laser vision.  Yeah, he's like a hybrid of Captain America and Superman, but plays most like the former, inspiring his team mates to greatness.

Team: None
Nemsis: The Ennead
Finding the staff of the Egyptian sun god Ra, a humble archeaologist uses it to transform into Ra, god of the sun!  Yeah, he's Thor with fire powers, basically.

Team: Freedom Five
Nemesis: Matriarch, Vengeance Five(Friction), Iron Legacy
A scientist with the power of super speed.  Not much else to say.  Plays a lot of cards and builds up momentum for spectacular stuff later on.

Nemesis: Grand Warlord Voss, Iron Legacy
Former alien slave who escaped from the warlord Voss only to end up in the hands of suspicious humans.  He has powers over the weather and is also aquatic.  He even sometimes talks to the fishes.

Nemesis: Spite, Vengeance Five (Ermine), Iron Legacy
Billionaire heiress by day, stalker of criminals by night.  Female Batman, essentially.

Nemesis: Unknown, Vengeance Five (Proletariate), Iron Legacy
A lab accident has turned him into a creature of frost and cold.  As his cryo suit and chamber is quite expensive, he is forced by the government to join the Freedom Five in exchange for being allowed to live.  He isn't terribly thrilled about it.  The most complex hero in the game, he relies on hurting himself to damage his enemies.

Team: Freedom Five (Auxiliary member)
Nemesis: Unknown, Iron Legacy
A technopath who serves as Tachyon's lab assistant.  She builds an army of robots to assist her in battle.

Nemesis: Biomancer
As old man who spends most of his time relaxing in his houseboat. Also he possesses the philosopher's stone and sometimes goes off to fight supervillains. The games most tanky tank who can depending on which form he is using can ignore most damage, or heal it back and hurt the enemy in response.

Team: Dark Watch
Nemesis: The Chairman
An elderly blind mechanic who happens to be a master martial artist. Fixer gets only one power, but can modify it with various tool and style cards.

Nemesis: Citizen Dawn
Rejected by her supervillain mother for having no powers, Expat proves that you don't need powers to fight supervillains, just lots and lots of guns. She plays lots and lots of guns with their own attack power and modifies them with bullet cards.

Team: Prime Wardens (Leader)
Nemesis: Akash'Bhuta
With the power of ancient magical instruments, he puts the power of music to use.  A total support hero who make his team mates a little more awesome.

Team: Dark Watch (Leader)
Nemesis: Gloomweaver
Cursed into a form of mist and magic, this private eye uses powerful spells and ancient artifacts to take down the forces of darkness.  Another self damaging hero who can actually tank pretty well too.

Nemesis: Plague Rat
The Sherrif of the 1800's town of Silver Gultch who fell into a time portal, Jim Brooks soon found himself in a faroff future where the world has been destroyed and taken over by monster. His arm bitten off buy a rat-man, he survived by wandering into the friendly sapient bunker Con, but upgraded him with cyberneticss, gave him time travel technology and sent him into the past to the destroy those who would create this desolute future. Chrono is the master of the plink damage.  He deals one point of damage, and he deals it a LOT in addition to play bounties that let him do other things.

Nemesis: Omnitron
Far into the future, Omnitron-IX, having been destroyed and rebuilt countless times over the centuries decides to solve the problem of always beeing defeated by weak heroes by giving his next incarnation the one thing the heroes have that he doesn't--compassion.  The new Omnitron-X prompty repented of everything he'd done in his past models and went back in time to destroy himself.  Upgrades himself to grant new, usually automatic, abilities.

Nemesis: Miss Information
An analyst whose exposure to Omnitron's code has upgrades her mind, Parse can analyse any situation and discover every possible outcode, an ability which also makes her an uncanny archer.  A deck manipulator who can also deal damage.

Nemesis: Kismet
Setback has always had wild swings of luck.  Really bad things happen to him out of nowhere, but then really lucky things always happen to.  Like when he was randomly kidnapped by Baron Blade to be the subject of deadly experiment, then was the only one to survive them and gain superpowers.  Lucky!  He has his own resource, Unlucky points.  By player cards that represent unlucky things happening, he can trade the points for really lucky things later.

Team: N/A
Nemesis: La Capitan
A team of 4 heroes that play off a single deck they are Dr. Medico, M.D. with light powers, his best friend with super strength and endurance Mainstay, his adoptive daughter with psychic powers The Idealist, and reformed criminal and living shadow Writhe.

Nemesis: Progeny
A former member of FILTER who went rogue, she is a trained soldier and spy with energy focusing powers.  A damage dealer with some interesting combos.

Nemesis: Infinitor
Infused with yellow energy, Captain Cosmic can create constructs out of yellow light!  Yes, he's Green Lantern, but with yellow.  Puts out lots of little targets that buff his teammates.

Nemesis: Kargura Warfang
A member of the Thorathian resistance that fought against the tyranny of Grand Warlord Voss using her size changing powers, she was captured by Kargura Warfang and forced to fight in her arena, until freed by Earth's heroes.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Reepicheep

Uncle Yuan

Ooof, Bunker could be tough as he is characteristically a slow starter.  To help with that and to give us some villain deck control I'm going with Dark Visionary.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

catwhowalksbyhimself

Three Bunkers to choose from.

Regular Bunker--28 HP, Base Power is Initialize: Draw a card.
Engine of War (Freedom 6 Bunker)--27 HP, Base Power is Locomotion: Discard a Mode card. If you do, destroy an Ongoing card.
GI Bunker (WWII Bunker)--27 HP, Base Power is Panzer-Buster: Select a target. Damage dealt to that target is irreducible until the start of your turn.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on March 05, 2015, 10:06:19 PM
Three Bunkers to choose from.

Regular Bunker--28 HP, Base Power is Initialize: Draw a card.
Engine of War (Freedom 6 Bunker)--27 HP, Base Power is Locomotion: Discard a Mode card. If you do, destroy an Ongoing card.
GI Bunker (WWII Bunker)--27 HP, Base Power is Panzer-Buster: Select a target. Damage dealt to that target is irreducible until the start of your turn.

Given the amount of DamRed Iron Legacy can get out, GI Bunker could be a huge advantage for the team.

Reepicheep

Definitely. That power sounds like it could make one of his tactics obsolete.

GI bunker please. :)

Deaths Jester

Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Outcast

Sorry. Had a real hard time choosing. Lots of neat characters i wanted to try out. Still, i had to choose someone who can help fight iron legacy.  The easy and safest choice would probably be Legacy. But id like to try someone new.

So i'll try and see if The Naturalist can help you guys with Iron Legacy.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Alright, four's a good number.  I'll leave it open for another day or so in case anyone else wants in (new players are always welcome)

HarryTrotter

''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Reepicheep

Quote from: Spade on March 08, 2015, 06:57:37 PM
I could try,but I dont really know how to play the game.

It's gonna be a tough villain to learn on, but pick a character any character.

Take a look at some of the past games to get the idea, but to explain it quickly you are given a selection of cards which all behave in different ways. Your turn will come up once a round. Usually, you would play a card, then a power, and then draw a card (but there are a lot of modifiers that change how that works).

It's just a case of paying attention to what all the effects of the cards are and tactics come with being adaptable as the game changes.

We do a lot of talking about how the game works as we get to grips with it ourselves.

I hope that covers the gist of it.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Reep correct.  This will probably be a very short and very hard game, so don't expect to win or excel your first outing, but you'll catch on to the general rules just fine.  Since it's coop, the other players and even me as moderator can answer questions and give advice and we will be pleased to do so.  Just choose a hero that looks interesting.  The first six and KNYFE are especially good choices for a new player.

Uncle Yuan

I'd argue against Fanatic as a first character.  I'd advise Haka or Ra - they're both pretty straight forward damage dealers.

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

Outcast

Quote from: Spade on March 09, 2015, 05:38:03 AM
Hard choice,since I know very little about the heroes.Is Tachyon ok?

Team Leader Tachyon would be more than ok.  :lunarman:

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

Outcast

There are 3 "versions" of Tachyon available. Each with a slightly different base power and starting HP. But the cards in her deck will be the same.

Tachyon (regular) - HP 27
Power - Rapid Recon -Look at the top card of your Hero deck. You may discard that card.

Tachyon (team leader) - HP 28
Power - Team Leader -Each Player draws 1 card.

Tachyon (super scientific) - HP 26
Power - Experiment -Reveal the bottom two cards of a deck. If they share a keyword, put them into play. If not, discard them.

For more information on other Heroes, their powers, and their cards. You can look them up here.
Sentinels of the Multiverse - Full Card Breakdowns

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

Alright then, I'll let you guys suggest environments once I get a list up, we'll get started.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'm feeling sick right now and not up to actually starting this, but you an discuss what Environment you'd like to try.  In addition to these, I have 4 more that aren't on the list that I or someone else can tell you about later.  I don't feel up to getting them ready for fancy viewing right now.

The ruins of the lost city of Atlantis, home to amazing relics and the terrifying Kraken.

The home city of Legacy and the Freedom Five.  A shining vast metropolis.

Wagner Mars Base, a research and military base located on Mars, it is the first stop for would-be conquerors from the stars.

A land lost in time, where dinosaurs and other ancient creatures still live.

Often known by it's nickname of Crook city, it is full of crime and curruption and is the home of Wraith and Darkwatch.

More than just strictly legal production and research goes on here.  Beware of dangerious chemicals and mutated vermin.

A strange magical dimension where the laws of physics are constantly in flux

The tomb of Anubis, Egyptian death god, full of traps trails and the occassional reward.

Time has gone completely bannannas here.  Creatures and places form throughout time and space are all mixed together, and that can't be good for the space-time continuum.

FILTER's interdimensional prison, where the worst of the worst are held.  The prison is ungoing a riot and the heroes are unfortunately not any more popular with the guards than they are with the prisoners.

A time Portal has connected the present with Chronoranger's home down, right in the middle of a gunfight with a family of bandits.

In the far future that Chrono-Ranger ended up in, strange cryptids have multiplied and destroyed all human life.  Only Chronoranger, lost through a time portal, and the eternal warrior Haka are still alive.

The headquarters of the Freedom Five and target of villains looking to get ahead.  It was, in fact, designed with that in mind.

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

Reepicheep

Uncle Yuan

I'm not super excited about Wagner Mars Base - I've been playing the video game a fair amount and with the limited environment choices I've been playing it a fair amount.  My preference would be Time Cataclysm - plus I think it fits the game. 

Deaths Jester

I choose Guise's Bungaloo of Love...wait, where's the Bungaloo of Love?!?!?!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

It was retconned.  The editors are trying to appeal to children.

It looks like Mars Base has the lead.  If you don't to annoy UY, you can always pick another one.  Also, that one has the potential to shut Iron Legacy down for a long time and that would interfere with my plans to murderize you.

Outcast

Anything that can help us win against Iron Legacy has my vote. So i'm with Uncle Yuan on Time Cataclysm.

Plus it would make it more interesting if it was a tie. Only DJ's vote will break the tie.

It's up to DJ now. ;)

Uncle Yuan

I think he was referring to Mars Base - there's a card called Meteor Storm that stops ALL damage.  It can really be a key card as it can give heroes essentially unlimited time to set up their tableaus.  I don't hate Mars Base, I've just been playing it a lot lately.  If that's the was the team wants to go I'm fine with it.

Outcast

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on March 12, 2015, 11:38:59 AM
I think he was referring to Mars Base - there's a card called Meteor Storm that stops ALL damage.  It can really be a key card as it can give heroes essentially unlimited time to set up their tableaus.  I don't hate Mars Base, I've just been playing it a lot lately.  If that's the was the team wants to go I'm fine with it.

Oh...i see. If Mars Base can help foil Cat's plan...then i'll change my vote to Mars Base then.  :P

HarryTrotter

Since checking cards would make are game last a lott longer,can I switch to Team leader Tachyon?
Jon Farmer

Reepicheep

Mars base this time and the promise of time cataclysm next round?