Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 6 (AKA Cat tries to kill you attempt #1)

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, March 05, 2015, 02:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Outcast on March 12, 2015, 03:15:23 AM
Plus it would make it more interesting if it was a tie. Only DJ's vote will break the tie.

It's up to DJ now. ;)

You're relying on me to break a tie??!?!  Okay, the world is at an end now...pack it up...nothing to see or do here anymore.

Quote from: Reepicheep on March 12, 2015, 03:44:52 PM
Mars base this time and the promise of time cataclysm next round?

Don't you go putting words in my mouth, Reep, I promise nothing!!!  Well, okay sometimes I promise stuff but not this time....maybe...unless there's a lot of vodka involved...or just some...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Reepicheep

Mars this time and the promise of vodka cataclysm next time?

Compromise is hard, man.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Spade on March 12, 2015, 11:55:12 AM
Since checking cards would make are game last a lott longer,can I switch to Team leader Tachyon?

If you like, although I doubt it will be that much of a problem.  Up until the game starts you can switch if you like.  Team Leader is probably a bit easier for your first time out since you don't need to understand her deck to know what it's useful for.

Looks like a majority is now in favor of Mars Base.  I wish a pox on your for trying to foil my evil plans.  Also, game will start up as soon as I cook up a play banner for Guise.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Uncle Yuan

"Vodka Cataclysm" does sound like a lot of vodka would be involved.

Edit - and the Team Leader Tachyon character is considered "So Good She's Neigh Broken."  Which we will need . . .
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on March 12, 2015, 09:06:27 PM
"Vodka Cataclysm" does sound like a lot of vodka would be involved.

That sounds a bit like what happens around em everyday....

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'm home from work sick today, the first time in four or five years.  So I've done and got this thing set up and will go back to bed for a while.

Anyhow, Iron Legacy before the game begins starts with 1 Ongoing card for every Hero fighting him.  He puts into play, in order

Superhuman Redirection: Ongoing   The first time Iron Legacy would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source each turn, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP.
Demoralizing Presence: Ongoing--Increase Damage dealt by Iron Legacy by 1. At the end of the Villain turn, each Hero Target deals themselves 1 Psychic Damage.
Final Evolution: Ongoing--When this card enters play, Iron Legacy deals each non-Villain Target 1 Toxic Damage. Whenever a Hero uses a Power, Iron Legacy regains 2 HP.
Galvanized: Ongoing--Increase Damage dealt by Iron Legacy by 1. This card is indestructible.
Superhuman Redirection: Ongoing   The first time Iron Legacy would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source each turn, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP.

The order here's important because Final Evolution deals damage as soon as it's put into play.  As Demoralizing Presence is already in effect, it deals 2 damage to most heroes, and 3 to Bunker and Tachyon (They are nemeses.  Note to the new player--this means Tachyon does 1 extra point of damage to him too whenever she does damage.)

That gives us the following starting situation.  Note that I've tinkered with my format somewhat, to make it closer to the one we use at Board Game Geeks.

Villain Ongoing Effects
Increase damage dealt by Iron Legacy by 1(Demoralizing Presence)
Increase damage dealt by Iron Legacy by 1(Galvanized)
The first time Iron Legacy would be dealt 5 or more damage from a single source each turn, redirect it to the Hero target with the highest hp(Superhuman Redirection)
Whenever a Hero uses a Power, Iron Legacy regains 2 HP(Final Evolution)

Hero Ongoing Effects

Environment Ongoing Effects

Side: Ironclad Tyrant
Spoiler

Side A--Ironclad Tyrant
At the start of the Villain turn, if Iron Legacy has 20 or fewer HP, flip Iron Legacy's Villain Character card. Iron Legacy is immune to Environment Damage. At the end of the Villain turn, Iron Legacy deals each Hero Target 3 Melee Damage.

Side B--Motivated by Desperation
At the start of the Villain turn, if Iron Legacy has 25 or more HP, flip Iron Legacy's Villain Character card. Reduce Damage dealt to Iron Legacy by 1. At the end of the Villain turn, Iron Legacy deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP (H) minus 1 Melee Damage and regains (H) plus 1 HP.
HP: 32/32
Deck: 20
Trash: 0
In Play: 5
-Superhuman Redirection--Ongoing
-Demoralizing Presence--Ongoing
-Final Evolution--Ongoing
-Galvanized--Ongoing
Spoiler

Demoralizing Presence: Ongoing--Increase Damage dealt by Iron Legacy by 1. At the end of the Villain turn, each Hero Target deals themselves 1 Psychic Damage.
Final Evolution: Ongoing--When this card enters play, Iron Legacy deals each non-Villain Target 1 Toxic Damage. Whenever a Hero uses a Power, Iron Legacy regains 2 HP.
Galvanized: Ongoing--Increase Damage dealt by Iron Legacy by 1. This card is indestructible.

HP: 25/27
Available Powers:
Tough Choices: Draw a card or play a card. How to choose?! Also, Guise deals 1 target 1 melee damage. But Who?!

Deck: 36
Hand: 4
Spoiler

Guise The Barbarian: Ongoing, Limited--I am mighty and fearsome, like the fabled alpaca! Increase damage dealt by Guise by 2. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Retcon: One-shot--Destroy 1 ongoing or environment card. Awesome! I'm a great hero. You may draw a card or play a card.
Say Cheese!: One-shot--Guise deals 1 target 1 cold damage. Then, if that target is still in play and has 5 or fewer HP, you may play 1 card.
Selling Out: Ongoing, Limited--Gotta have all the best swag. At the end of the environment turn, you may discard 1 card. You may play up to 3 cards that share a keyword with the discarded card. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
In Play: 0
Spoiler

HP: 24/27
Available Powers:
Panzer-Buster: Select a target. Damage dealt to that target is irreducible until the start of your turn.

Spoiler

Adhesive Foam Grenade: One-Shot--Environmental cards cannot be played until the start of your next turn.
Adhesive Foam Grenade: One-Shot--Environmental cards cannot be played until the start of your next turn.
Decommissioned Hardware: One-Shot--Select 1 Equipment card in your trash and put it into play.
Gatling Gun: Equipment, Limited--At the start of your turn, Bunker deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. At the end of your turn, discard 1 card or destroy this card.
Spoiler

HP: 25/28 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers
Team Leader: Each Player draws 1 card.

Spoiler

Lightspeed Barrage:One-Shot--Tachyon deals 1 Target X Melee Damage, where X = the number of Burst cards in your trash.
Nimble Strike: One-Shot, Burst--"Tachyon deals 1 Target 1 Melee Damage. You may draw a card.
Supersonic Response:One-Shot, Burst--Tachyon deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. If that Target dealt Tachyon Damage since your last turn, she deals that Target 2 Sonic Damage.
Lightning Reflexes:One-Shot--You may play up to 2 cards now.
Spoiler

HP: 23/25 Lowest Hero Target

Available Powers
Turmoil: Reveal the top 2 cards of a deck. Put 1 on top and 1 on the bottom of the deck.

Spoiler

Mass Levitation: Ongoing--Power: Until the start of your next turn, reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 3.
Mind Spike: One-Shot--The Visionary deals 1 Target 3 Psychic Damage.
Twist The Ether: Ongoing--Play this card next to a Target. Whenever that Target would deal Damage, the Damage type changes to a type of your choice and is either reduced by 1 or increased by 1, your choice. If the Target leaves play, destroy this card.
Spoiler

HP: 27/29 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers
Transform: Search your deck or trash for a Form and put it into play. If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.
Available Forms
Spoiler

The Deadly Crocodile: Ongoing, Form--When this card enters play, destroy any other Form cards. Increase Damage dealt by The Naturalist by 1. Power: The Naturalist deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage.You may activate Crocodile effects.
The Formidable Rhinoceros: Ongoing, Form--When this card enters play, destroy any other Form cards. Reduce Damage dealt to The Naturalist by 1. Power: Draw 2 cards.You may activate Rhinoceros effects.
The Nimble Gazelle: Ongoing, Form--When this card enters play, destroy any other Form cards. Power: The Naturalist regains 3 HP. You may activate Gazelle effects.

Spoiler

The Nimble Gazelle: Ongoing, Form--When this card enters play, destroy any other Form cards. Power: The Naturalist regains 3 HP. You may activate Gazelle effects.
Bestial Shift: One-Shot--Gazelle: The naturalist regains 3 HP. You may use a Power now.Rhinoceros: Reduce Damage dealt to the Naturalist by 1 until the start of your next turn. Crocodile: The naturalist deals 1 Target 3 Toxic Damage. You may use a Power now.
Crafty Assault: One-Shot--The Naturalist deals up to 3 Targets 2 Melee Damage each. Gazelle: You may destroy up to 2 Ongoing cards.
Threatening Stomp: One-Shot--The Naturalist deal 1 Target 4 Melee Damage. Rhinoceros: Damage dealt by a Target Damaged this way is redirected to The Naturalist until the start of your turn.
Spoiler

Deck: 15

Spoiler

catwhowalksbyhimself

Iron Legacy's turn:

Start: Legacy has more than 20 hp, so nothing happens

Play: Iron-Fist Strike: One-Shot--Iron Legacy deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) plus 1 Melee Damage. Destroy 2 Hero Ongoing cards.

So that's 8 damage to the Naturalist.  There are no Ongoing cards to destroy, fortunately.

End: All Heroes deal themselves 1 damage.

That makes it Guise's turn

Villain Ongoing Effects
The first time Iron Legacy would be dealt 5 or more damage from a single source each turn, redirect it to the Hero target with the highest hp(Superhuman Redirection)

Hero Ongoing Effects

Spoiler

Side A--Ironclad Tyrant
At the start of the Villain turn, if Iron Legacy has 20 or fewer HP, flip Iron Legacy's Villain Character card. Iron Legacy is immune to Environment Damage. At the end of the Villain turn, Iron Legacy deals each Hero Target 3 Melee Damage.

At the start of the Villain turn, if Iron Legacy has 25 or more HP, flip Iron Legacy's Villain Character card. Reduce Damage dealt to Iron Legacy by 1. At the end of the Villain turn, Iron Legacy deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP (H) minus 1 Melee Damage and regains (H) plus 1 HP.
HP: 32/32
Deck: 19
Trash: 1
In Play: 5
-Galvanized--Ongoing
Spoiler

HP: 24/27 Highest Hero Target
Available Powers:
Tough Choices: Draw a card or play a card. How to choose?! Also, Guise deals 1 target 1 melee damage. But Who?!

Spoiler

Guise The Barbarian: Ongoing, Limited--I am mighty and fearsome, like the fabled alpaca! Increase damage dealt by Guise by 2. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Retcon: One-shot--Destroy 1 ongoing or environment card. Awesome! I'm a great hero. You may draw a card or play a card.
Say Cheese!: One-shot--Guise deals 1 target 1 cold damage. Then, if that target is still in play and has 5 or fewer HP, you may play 1 card.
Selling Out: Ongoing, Limited--Gotta have all the best swag. At the end of the environment turn, you may discard 1 card. You may play up to 3 cards that share a keyword with the discarded card. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Spoiler

HP: 23/27
Available Powers:
Panzer-Buster: Select a target. Damage dealt to that target is irreducible until the start of your turn.

Spoiler

Decommissioned Hardware: One-Shot--Select 1 Equipment card in your trash and put it into play.
Gatling Gun: Equipment, Limited--At the start of your turn, Bunker deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. At the end of your turn, discard 1 card or destroy this card.
Spoiler

HP: 24/28 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers

Spoiler

Lightspeed Barrage:One-Shot--Tachyon deals 1 Target X Melee Damage, where X = the number of Burst cards in your trash.
Nimble Strike: One-Shot, Burst--"Tachyon deals 1 Target 1 Melee Damage. You may draw a card.
Supersonic Response:One-Shot, Burst--Tachyon deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. If that Target dealt Tachyon Damage since your last turn, she deals that Target 2 Sonic Damage.
Spoiler

HP: 22/25 Lowest Hero Target

Available Powers
Turmoil: Reveal the top 2 cards of a deck. Put 1 on top and 1 on the bottom of the deck.

Spoiler

Mass Levitation: Ongoing--Power: Until the start of your next turn, reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 3.
Twist The Ether: Ongoing--Play this card next to a Target. Whenever that Target would deal Damage, the Damage type changes to a type of your choice and is either reduced by 1 or increased by 1, your choice. If the Target leaves play, destroy this card.
Spoiler

HP: 18/29 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers
Transform: Search your deck or trash for a Form and put it into play. If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.
Available Forms
Spoiler

The Deadly Crocodile: Ongoing, Form--When this card enters play, destroy any other Form cards. Increase Damage dealt by The Naturalist by 1. Power: The Naturalist deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage.You may activate Crocodile effects.
The Formidable Rhinoceros: Ongoing, Form--When this card enters play, destroy any other Form cards. Reduce Damage dealt to The Naturalist by 1. Power: Draw 2 cards.You may activate Rhinoceros effects.

Spoiler

Bestial Shift: One-Shot--Gazelle: The naturalist regains 3 HP. You may use a Power now.Rhinoceros: Reduce Damage dealt to the Naturalist by 1 until the start of your next turn. Crocodile: The naturalist deals 1 Target 3 Toxic Damage. You may use a Power now.
Crafty Assault: One-Shot--The Naturalist deals up to 3 Targets 2 Melee Damage each. Gazelle: You may destroy up to 2 Ongoing cards.
Threatening Stomp: One-Shot--The Naturalist deal 1 Target 4 Melee Damage. Rhinoceros: Damage dealt by a Target Damaged this way is redirected to The Naturalist until the start of your turn.
Spoiler

Spoiler

catwhowalksbyhimself

I meant to do a story introduction, but I plum forgot, so here it is.

Concerned by the sudden, violent change in his friend Visionary's personality, Tyler Vance, better known as the hero Bunker, has taken her to the isolated Wagner Mars Base along with the Naturalist, who knows a thing or two about dealing with the beastial side of his nature.  To their suprise they find Guise--seemingly on vacation.  As he appears to be napping, they careful avoid him and hope he doesn't notice they are around.

Before they can make their hasty exit, a time portal opens and Legacy steps out.  Or rather he looks like Legacy--but older, with a different uniform, and all the kindness and nobility the heroes have learned to look for in their friend is completely gone.

He looks around the room before stating "Today is a day of celebration, for here I will begin to bring justice to your world, as I brought it to mine.  No more will criminals be coddled and evildoers allowed to live.  Inform your governments that the populations of all prisons are to be executed at once.  If they do not comply, I will know them for the traitors to peace they are and will give them the same justice they would deny their people.  Then I will demand the following. . ."\

Before he can continue, a second figure emerges from the portal.  It is Tachyon, but not Tachyon.  Like with Legacy, she is older and perhaps more serious, but this is still the Tachyon they know.

"Stop, Legacy.  I will not let you bring your tyrany to this innocent world."

Cursing himself for not bring his Bunker suit with him, Vance runs to the base's display case, hoping the WWII model of the Bunker suit is still functional.

Meanwhile.  Guise yawns and stretches before standing up and proclaiming "Let's put on a good show for the new player!"

Deaths Jester

Guise pops up beside Iron Legacy.  "IL, you looking might fancy today.  Love the new cape and those fancy shoulder pads.  Bet you I could pull those off better, though.  Here give them to me."  Guise rips Iron Legacy's shoulder pads off (play Retcon to destroy Final Evolution) and shimmies into them.  "Oh yeah, now that's what I'm talking about!  Yeah, I sooo am made for these!" (draw a card and end my turn)

(OOC: Just by seeing the few cards in my hand, I think I've already found my new regular hero!!! So I'll call dibs on Guise for future games....MWUAHAHAHAHA!!!)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Are you choosing not to use your power?  Also, Retcon allows you to either draw a card or play a card.  Are you passing up on that?

Deaths Jester

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on March 13, 2015, 06:23:47 PM
Are you choosing not to use your power?  Also, Retcon allows you to either draw a card or play a card.  Are you passing up on that?

(Oops, guess I'll go ahead and use Tough Choices on Iron Legacy plus pull another card from my deck thanks to Retcon.)

Guise spins around for a while wearing Iron Legacy's shoulder pads before turning around quickly and slamming them back onto Iron Legacy's shoulders.  "Ach, their so 90s!"

Reepicheep

You get to draw or play another one from tough choices too. You're gonna be freakin kitted out!

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Reepicheep on March 13, 2015, 08:13:37 PM
You get to draw or play another one from tough choices too. You're gonna be freakin kitted out!

Hells, your right!  Draw another card from Tough Choices. 

Oh man...am loving this character more and more.

catwhowalksbyhimself

He specializes in drawing and playing lots of cards.  He can even do it during other peoples turns.  The downside is that all his Ongoing cards destroy themselves after a single round, so he doesn't get to keep things in play.  This is an advantage, though, against villains like Iron Legacy that either give you no time to set up, or destroy setups, since you don't need to be setup to be at your best.  And yes, he's stinking hillarious. Note--in universe his powers are that he's a shapeshifter, but can't alter his general color scheme.  Being insane the results are usually hillarious.

So you draw
Spoiler

X-treeeeeeeeme!!!: Ongoing, Limited--It's hard to tell if I'm the most awesome, or the most extreme. Probably both.Damage dealt by Guise is irreducible and cannot be redirected. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Total Beefcake:Ongoing, Limited--Who would want to hurt such a beauty? The first time Guise would be dealt damage each turn, redirect that damage to the non-hero target with the lowest HP. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.

This makes it Bunker's turn.  Sorry about your opening hand there.  Not the best I've ever seen.

Villain Ongoing Effects

Hero Ongoing Effects

Spoiler

Side A--Ironclad Tyrant

HP: 31/32
Trash: 2
In Play: 4
-Galvanized--Ongoing
Spoiler

Available Powers:

Deck: 33
Hand: 6
Spoiler

X-treeeeeeeeme!!!: Ongoing, Limited--It's hard to tell if I'm the most awesome, or the most extreme. Probably both.Damage dealt by Guise is irreducible and cannot be redirected. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Total Beefcake:Ongoing, Limited--Who would want to hurt such a beauty? The first time Guise would be dealt damage each turn, redirect that damage to the non-hero target with the lowest HP. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Spoiler

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers
Available Forms
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reepicheep

Bunker emerges back into the fray, clad anew in the antiquated armour. He also has a gattling gun. "You're losing your touch in your old age, Legacy" he says opening fire, "wrong planet".

Play Gatling Gun on IL for 3 damage (2+nemesis) and discard one of the grenades.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Gatling Gun only acts at the start of your turn, before you get to do anything normally, so you can't actually do damage with it until your next turn.  It also isn't a power and acts automatically.

If you still wish to do this, you can still use your power.

Reepicheep

I always forget how much reading is involved in this game!

In that case i'll load it up but play panzer buster on IL.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You draw
Spoiler

Ammo Drop: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever a Villain card is destroyed, you may draw a card, even if a Mode card says you cannot.

That makes it Tachyon's turn. 

Since you're a new player, a brief explanation here.  Each Hero turn consist of 5 phases
1. Start--Do anything a card says to do at the start of your turn
2. Play--play up to 1 card
3. Power--Use up to one of your powers.  You always have your base power and cannot lose it.  Other cards my grand you additional powers.  Any text on a card after "Power:" is a power.
4. Draw--draw up to 1 card.  If you both did not play a card and also did not use a power, you may draw up to 2 cards instead.
5. End--Do anything a card says to do at the end of your turn.

Everything also always happens in that order, unless a card says otherwise.

Current situation

Villain Ongoing Effects

Hero Ongoing Effects
All damage to Iron Legacy is Irreducible(Panzer Buster)

Spoiler

Side A--Ironclad Tyrant

HP: 31/32
-Galvanized--Ongoing
Spoiler

Available Powers:

Hand: 6
Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers:

Deck: 35
Hand: 3
Spoiler

Ammo Drop: Ongoing,Limited--Whenever a Villain card is destroyed, you may draw a card, even if a Mode card says you cannot.
In Play: 1
-Gatling Gun--Equipment, Limited
Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers
Available Forms
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

HarryTrotter

Errrr...asuming it works that way I play Lighting Reflexes.Now I can play 2 MORE cards right?
If so then Supersonic response and Nimble strike on IL.
Then I can use my power,then draw a card.
PS. It totaly wrong,isnt it?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Reepicheep

You're absolutely fine for the order!

The only problem there is that you'll have dealt more than 5 damage thanks to the Nemesis bonus - IL would redirect it on to Guise. So, depends how much you like DJ.

HarryTrotter

If redirection works only once,we might as well get it over with.
Sorry DJ  :(
Jon Farmer

Reepicheep

Nah, it'll work for the first hit on every turn - the only way to stop it is to destroy the card, like how DJ just destroyed Final Evolution.

It's annoying because it puts a limit on how much damage we can do each turn, so we need to destroy that card pretty soon. The Naturalist looks like he'll have a chance next round.

It's up to you how you want to play your cards now, but my suggestion would be to just play nimble strike until we can get rid of that redirection.

Question Cat: does 'single source' refer to an attack or to a hero - because if it considers each move separately as a single source then I'm wrong about the above and Spade should totally go ahead with his idea. :)

Uncle Yuan

You're wrong.  :D The wording is odd; it has to come as a single chunk.  This ability essentially makes him nuke proof, smaller instances of damage get through.

That being the case, I think the better card to zap is the one that allows him to heal whenever we use a power.  That will heal him at least 10 hp a round.  And that's assuming we don't do extra power shenanigans.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

HarryTrotter

So supersonic would be redirected,but nimble strike would go through?
Jon Farmer

catwhowalksbyhimself

No, ALL  of your damage would go through.

Supersonic deals damage twice, both under 5 points, so neither one gets redirected.

Also, I goofed when adjusted the sheets.  Guise destroyed the card that heals on power use.  Demoralization is actually still around.  You probably want to kill that one next.

This means that Tachyon deals a respectable 8 points of damage and draws 3 cards!  Also everyone else gets to draw one too.

Guise draws
Spoiler

Blatant Reference: Ongoing, Limited--Look how cool I am! Just like that actor, whatshisname. At the end of each hero turn, you may discard 1 card. If you do, Guise deals 1 target 1 projectile damage. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.

Bunker
Spoiler

Tachyon
Spoiler

Accelerated Assault: One-Shot,Burst--Tachyon deals each non-Hero Target 1 Melee Damage.
Accelerated Assault: One-Shot,Burst--Tachyon deals each non-Hero Target 1 Melee Damage.
Sonic Vortex: One-Shot--Tachyon deals up to X Targets 3 Sonic Damage, where X = the number of Burst cards in your trash.

Visionary
Spoiler

Suggestion: One-Shot--Select 2 cards from the Villain trash. Put 1 on the top and 1 on the bottom of the Villain deck.

Naturalist
Spoiler

And it is now Visionary's turn.  Villain's status has been fixed.

Villain Ongoing Effects

Hero Ongoing Effects

Spoiler

Side A--Ironclad Tyrant

HP: 23/32
-Galvanized--Ongoing
Spoiler

Available Powers:

Deck: 32
Hand: 7
Spoiler

Blatant Reference: Ongoing, Limited--Look how cool I am! Just like that actor, whatshisname. At the end of each hero turn, you may discard 1 card. If you do, Guise deals 1 target 1 projectile damage. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Spoiler

Available Powers:

Deck: 34
Spoiler

Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Sonic Vortex: One-Shot--Tachyon deals up to X Targets 3 Sonic Damage, where X = the number of Burst cards in your trash.
Trash: 3(2 Burst)
Spoiler

Available Powers

Deck: 25
Hand: 5
Spoiler

Suggestion: One-Shot--Select 2 cards from the Villain trash. Put 1 on the top and 1 on the bottom of the Villain deck.
Spoiler

Available Powers
Available Forms
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

HarryTrotter

Just to ask this right away to get it out of my system: Can Sonic Vortex target the same thing multiple times,or do I have to chose MULTIPLE targets?
And carry on...  :thumbup:
Jon Farmer

Reepicheep

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on March 14, 2015, 11:28:27 AM
You're wrong.  :D The wording is odd; it has to come as a single chunk.  This ability essentially makes him nuke proof, smaller instances of damage get through.

That being the case, I think the better card to zap is the one that allows him to heal whenever we use a power.  That will heal him at least 10 hp a round.  And that's assuming we don't do extra power shenanigans.

Aw sweet. I think I held back a big attack in a previous round because I didn't know this.  :thumbup:

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Spade on March 14, 2015, 03:23:45 PM
Just to ask this right away to get it out of my system: Can Sonic Vortex target the same thing multiple times,or do I have to chose MULTIPLE targets?
And carry on...  :thumbup:

This game is extremely literal.  It does not allow you to hit a target more than once.  Every target you choose still only takes 3 damage.  Which still isn't that bad.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Hmm, just realized I forgot to deal you all Iron Legacy's regular end of turn damage.  That's 5 to most of you and 6 to Bunker and Tachyon.  Oops.  Let me adjust that.

This is what things should look like.

Villain Ongoing Effects

Hero Ongoing Effects

Spoiler

Side A--Ironclad Tyrant

HP: 23/32
-Galvanized--Ongoing
Spoiler

HP: 19/27 Highest Hero Target
Available Powers:

Deck: 32
Hand: 7
Spoiler

Spoiler

HP: 17/27
Available Powers:

Deck: 34
Spoiler

Spoiler

HP: 18/28 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers

Spoiler

Trash: 3(2 Burst)
Spoiler

HP: 17/25 Lowest Hero Target

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

HP: 13/29 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers
Available Forms
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

catwhowalksbyhimself

Come to think of it, this is actually a pretty good team to take IL on.  Except for Bunker, none of the heroes really need much setup and can just go in pounding, as you've seen.