News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

converting FX nif's

Started by satch4684, March 16, 2015, 08:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

satch4684

I was sure there was a way to get FX from the original working in FFvs3R, unless i am remembering wrong

basically, if I steal the core.nif from the original FF's pumpkin bomb, and put that into some other FFvs3R effect, I will get a pink grenade flying across the screen. I thought maybe Nif converter would help, but seems to have no effect.

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: satch4684 on March 16, 2015, 08:09:14 PM
I was sure there was a way to get FX from the original working in FFvs3R, unless i am remembering wrong

basically, if I steal the core.nif from the original FF's pumpkin bomb, and put that into some other FFvs3R effect, I will get a pink grenade flying across the screen. I thought maybe Nif converter would help, but seems to have no effect.

did you put the art files where they go? or did you just do the nif switch? you'll need all the files to make it work right.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

satch4684

art files? are you referring to files that come from the _textures folder? i know im missing something but i can't remember what

but no i havent moved anything else at all, to test them out I am just switching a start, core, and/or end nif and then looking at it in-game.....if it is the files from the  _textures folder i need, I dont know which ones match up to the fx, i guess some should be obvious, but for others like the pumpkin grenade i dont see what goes with it.

Cyber Burn

Hi Satch, before we worry about converting anything, let's hit the basics.

Is this the "Flaming Pumpkin" FX by Texas Jack that is found on FXForce?

What kind of issues are you having with the FX?

Once we get this figured out, then we can move on from there.

satch4684

cyber it is the pumpkin grenade effect, looks like your standard FF grenade but orange, that came with EZ-FX for  :ff:
the issue is the grenade and trails show up pinkish, but i dont think any of the effects (start core end) display right.

sorry its been a while, some things are starting to come back to me in bits and pieces, and searching the forums. I thought i had moved over original FF effects to FFvs3R, but maybe i didn't do that at all, I did also have something called PFX 1.2 (dont know if that exists somewhere still)

EDIT:   topic right below this one concerns PFX  :rolleyes: didn't even realize that i read it a bit maybe i should just hold off for a while until this new EZ FX is released, that would solve most if not all of my issues i think.

Cyber Burn

If you need the original File for the "Flaming Pumpkin", you can find it here: http://frp.unlimited2.net/fxforce/public_html/MB7ENT.html#flaming_pumpkin

With the pinking issue, you "Might" just need the Art Files (TGA or DDS) so you could add them to your "_textures" File.

satch4684

thanks again for helping, i think that you are right, if the issue can be solved it must have to do with getting the textures in there.

well at this point I think my best bet is to either just hunt down the PFX 1.2 and use that, OR just put a pin in this whole thing until new ez fx is released, though i am not sure of when that is expected.

Cyber Burn

Here is a temporary Link to "PFX_1.2". I don't remember if the "Flaming Pumpkin" is in there or not though. If it is, you should be good to go (For this FX, anyway), and if it's not, I'll set you up with a modified version of the FX that will work with FFvt3R. Just let me know what you want to do.

Note: Temporary Link has been removed.

satch4684

hey thanks again for being helpful I really appreciate it, I went ahead and spent some time searching for PFX but it was no where to be found, i just thought i was out of luck in that department

somehow an old username from 2010 i forgot about popped up in a Freedom Reborn topic while Google searching (what are the chances?) thats what reminded me of PFX.....but i digress, in some old posts it says pumpkin effects are included with PFX, so I should be good to go now  :thumbup: