July 4th/Independence Day Challenge-Time is counting down...

Started by daglob, April 07, 2015, 06:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outcast

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on July 02, 2015, 08:07:33 PM
Quote from: daglob on July 02, 2015, 07:48:10 PM
Quote from: Outcast on July 01, 2015, 02:25:21 PM
Well, i do have an old unfinished skin that has a somewhat Patriotic theme...hmmm...but it's horrible. :(

So? I probably speak for all skinners when I say "You should see some of mine". :wacko:

yeah, i think i'm the king when it comes to embarrassing skinning attempts. i'd like to see your patriotic skin outcast.

Gee. Thanks for the interest Daglob and Amazo. I'll dig it up and see if i can make it a little bit presentable at least? The costume is really just a rough draft/sketch i made thru skinning. Very lazily done. Since i really didn't know how to make a good costume design. :P

The weekend is coming so...maybe i can afford to spare some time...to rethink/review the horrible design...if i'm able to, that is.  :banghead:  :P

hoss20

Here's my submission for the challenge. This is my original hero, Sanction. LP had done a skin for me a while ago and I had previewed the character on the Trinity of Freedom site when FR was down for a bit. So, now I've created my own skin and added a couple of touches to my original version for a project that I am working on.

Let's all celebrate the 4th and give thanks to the people who dared to dream of establishing the American ideal and to all those that have sacrificed to grant us the precious freedom we enjoy.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: hoss20 on July 04, 2015, 04:25:04 AM
This is my original hero, Sanction. LP had done a skin for me a while ago and I had previewed the character on the Trinity of Freedom site when FR was down for a bit.

Very Nice Hoss, after you Mentioned that you had previewed this at Trinity of Freedom, I had to go back and take a look. Any chance that you still have that Stealth Version as well?

hoss20

I no longer have the original skins due to damaging my hard drive while stepping on my laptop. I did recreate the stealth version. I just need to finish the chin and ear pieces and "tighten up" the skin for release. I should re-release the skope as I noticed that I didn't include any melee kicking animations, either. I also figure I should include hero files for my originals, too.

spydermann93

That is a really cool skin and skope there, Hoss!

And you know that I am all for Hero File releases, so that's a definite yes for me! :P

deanjo2000

I started this a few weeks ago but ive only just got back to it, still needs a little more doing but im happy with it.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: deanjo2000 on July 05, 2015, 05:05:55 PM
I started this a few weeks ago but ive only just got back to it, still needs a little more doing but im happy with it.

I am really envious of your ability to design new Characters, they are always so clean...so uncluttered.  :D

Quote from: hoss20 on July 04, 2015, 08:52:34 PM
I no longer have the original skins due to damaging my hard drive while stepping on my laptop. I did recreate the stealth version. I just need to finish the chin and ear pieces and "tighten up" the skin for release. I should re-release the skope as I noticed that I didn't include any melee kicking animations, either. I also figure I should include hero files for my originals, too.

Definitely looking forward to the updated Release. Also, I have to agree with Spyder here, more Hero Files are always welcome.  :thumbup:

Outcast

Ohh...K. Well, i tried to redesign the costume a bit, because the old design just borrowed from the classic Captain America's design maybe a bit too much.

Spoiler

Couldn't decide on which cape would look better.

Spoiler

I was also thinking of maybe changing the white suit to a red or blue maybe. Or have the gloves and boots have white lining and perhaps more star designs. Hehe. But maybe that would be too much stars. :P

This was an old project of mine , around 2013?  Primarily made just for fun, and intended to be posted on Irrational Games website when it was still up. By the way, could you tell who's face is it i used? :P

daglob

I like the first cape, myself. I think the white suit looks good, also.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on July 08, 2015, 10:16:22 PM

Agreed. I think the second Cape kind of gests lost in the Costume.

WyldFyre

Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 08, 2015, 11:23:49 PM

edit I kind of like the back of the 2nd with the inside of the 1st.  The inner red looks good against the white, but I like the "Star-Spangled" look of the back of the second.

I was half asleep when I typed this. (I hate night shift.)
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

Outcast

Thanks for the feedback guys. Really appreciate it. Kinda makes me feel tempted to work on it some more rather than play video games. Hehe.

Sometimes i get other ideas.. but i'm not sure if they are any good.

Thanks again. :)

deanjo2000

Quote from: WyldFyre on July 09, 2015, 07:48:21 PM

edit I kind of like the back of the 2nd with the inside of the 1st.  The inner red looks good against the white, but I like the "Star-Spangled" look of the back of the second.

I agree, outcast if you have ideas and you have time then skin them :thumbup: i would like to see them :D
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Outcast

Quote from: deanjo2000 on July 10, 2015, 06:57:51 PM
Quote from: WyldFyre on July 09, 2015, 07:48:21 PM

I agree, outcast if you have ideas and you have time then skin them :thumbup: i would like to see them :D

Hmmm...inner red with the "Star-Spangled' design on the back...interesting.

Thanks Deanjo. Maybe i will... :)