News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvel page updates 2

Started by SickAlice, April 19, 2015, 07:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

Quote from: laughing paradox on April 29, 2015, 01:28:05 AM
Podmark! I would love to collaborate on some A-Next characters! If you find yourself interested, we should coordinate something!

Sure! Drop me a line and let me know what you're thinking.

Quote from: SickAlice on April 29, 2015, 04:14:23 PM
@MC2: Mainframe is a go, I love the design. If you want specific keys your going to have to do them on your end and send them my way though. I'll be using Gren's Iron Man MK18 as a base here.

Sweet! Let me know if you need any reference. I skinned him once before on a Silver Centurion mesh, but he really needs the proper head.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

WyldFyre

Hey SA,

I have the Gren and LP Dynamos.  I was actually thinking of his 1st Appearance.

http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character2.asp?UniqueId=700

http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/Images/Characters/CrimsonDynamo2.jpg

I don't believe anyone has ever attempted this one.
For Freedom!

SickAlice

@Podmark: I should be fine. There was a lot of really clear images of the character from various angles online. I think I can probably rush that one out actually.

@WyldFyre: I see. That's a unique look, sort of male heavy? Well you see I'm doing a batch of Iron Man stuff because I have the nif and nodes set up right now. That doesn't really conform to an Iron Man armor to be honest. I'll make it but it will be awhile because I'm going to have to do that one from scratch.

Added Pepper Potts aka Rescue.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Welcome. So for the record the Iron Man's I have going now (literally on my hard drive) are Marvel NOW (black and yellow), Godkiller, Movie (1st Iron Man), Avengers (film), 2020 (gratis to me to program the projectile keyframes in), Mainframe and Heartbreaker (IM3). Also I'm going to do Red Skull and Crimson Dynamo from the games Contest Of Champions and Iron Man 3 using Gren's Iron Man as a base. Red Skulls moveset will be based on the his Avengers cartoon appearance were he had an Iron-Manish armor. As side projects I'll be working on a Classic (Vanko) Crimson Dynamo (probably using some Mark 1 Gold as a base) and Iron Monger movie version (I have the SEGA game so I can extract his model from there, should be easy enough. Those models are already separated into pieces.). Additionally I'm working on a War Machine, on my end I already started his Herioc Age and 2.0 armors, will now add an Iron Man movie variant as well as an Iron Patriot one. Anything I'm missing (I see the Hammer drone but I'm not sure how to approach that right now)?

Also Pepper has some ghosting sorry. This happens especially on the leg armor bits during melee animations. Gren explained it to me once in greater detail but basically the keys and nodes for that Mark 32 mesh are really picky and pick up more issues when converted to FFVTTR. I tried to compensate on the texture. I could have went a different route but I wanted 1.) the jets for flying and 2.) to leave it open for someone down the line, say Gren, to come in and improve it. I made a seperate faceplate piece for this reason as well (same goes for Iron Patriot) and left the original node there. In my case I was able to get the faceplate sort of lined up but the helmet piece would then jump all over during animations.

Phew. Anyways more Iron Man stuff coming as well as a really detailed Deadpool, a Time Runs Out Thanos and some more stuff. Glad to finally knock off another character from The Order after all this time. Only two more to go there (Supernaught speaking of armored characters). Keep letting me know what you peeps like. Remember even if I don't get to something right away I'm almost always getting on requests a bit at a time. Most times I'm just staying quiet about it until I have something more definitive going on. As well any teamwork one can pitch in always helps, especially work on keyframes, reference material (good stuff like the feet and the back of the costumes), making skin bases and helping me choose what keyframe set will best suit the character as I'm not always familiar with some of these (I grew up in the 80's so use that as a guage).

Podmark

You've got some great stuff coming down the pipe.

Any chance you'd do the Initiative War Machine? I always liked that design.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

@Podmark: Lol, thanks. I felt something was off with what I wrote. " Initiative " War Machine was what meant by " Herioc Age ". 2.0 is actually the Herioc Age. So yes, I'm working on that one. Oh and seriously I swear you and I were raised in the same circles some times given how our interests in characters are that close. I think we should collaborate more especially on multi-skin packs. I'm real happy with the way the last venture went.

Added Time Runs Out Thanos.

Podmark

Quote from: SickAlice on May 01, 2015, 12:30:12 PM
Added Time Runs Out Thanos.

Added smile on my face  :D

I'll have an update for you and WB this weekend.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Can't wait. I had to have that model. I even felt like a pretty slacker about and yeesh the polys on the head are pushing it but that sucker is just too eye catching to not use.

windblown

:thumbup: :thumbup: Those last releases look really good!

SickAlice

Thanks windblown!

Added Ultron (Avengers 2).

spydermann93

He looks awesome, SA!

It looks like a good port!

SickAlice

That model is something else. I literally leaned forward with my eyes bugged out and just got lost in it. It looks like Pym just shrunk down the guy from the movie and stuck it in a 3d program.

SickAlice

Added Moon Knight NOW! pack.

Podmark

Okay that is freaking awesome!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Thanks and thanks to detourne_me as well. I forgot to add the cape is new as well. It's a tweak of the generic cape shaped to look more like Moon Knights. Also back to the keyframe thing you may notice the staff hanging out in CTool and in the in game preview, but I tested it a few times in game and I'm 99% sure it works fine. I only accounted for animations that would overlap in game, in other words ones where the character quickly shifts from one to another. Like say the character is walking and gets shot in the back they would shift from the walk animation to the pain or stunned one. However they would never go directly from say melee_staff to ranged_1. There's always a break there. But if anyone does find an example in gameplay let me and I'll address it. I think that's everything. Sorry I'm really worn out and a tad forgetful lately.

ghazkul

4 hours of trying to skope the current MK costume, decide to take a break and look on here.......

Sod it yours is better!!!

windblown

Awesome! I love the new hood.

SickAlice

Thanks. This was a fun one to work on. I like when I get a character that let's me play around and experiment with different techniques and the models and textures. Even better when someone else already did the framework so I can just focus on those things. Much of this came out better than I was foreseeing. Naturally all of these pieces conform to male_basic meshes, though perfectly to Gren and JP's male if anyone wants to recycle them for other things.

Jimaras8

SickAlice that is some fine work. I really appreciate the Marvel Now MK, it's one of favourite costumes. And the Black order, oh my!!!

ghazkul

Oh, can I ask, did you try to skope the bone armor from the current run to?

SickAlice

" Thought about it " yes. But...well just look at thing. I'd be at all week, lol. I mean one could probably borrow from some of the samurai meshes out there I guess with some work and I already included a Khonshu skull so...but I'm just not up to it myself. Luckily I made this one pretty friendly to skopers so if the want is strong enough one should be able to pull it off. I also notably avoided both armors, the Marc Spector series classic one and the modern NOW one. I did that straight up because they think they're both ugly as heck. That's shallow of me I know but sort of the way I role. If I think a design is terrible looking and/or will translate to 3d space badly I end passing on it. Basically I feel the effort in trying to make something look nice is wasted when the material you base it on itself looks like crud you know?

SickAlice

I updated Gamora to version 2 adding NOW hair from Contest Of Champions and new parts for a Black Vortex alt. If you already had the old pack you can copy this one over it.

SickAlice

Added Miss America Chavez.

ghazkul

Best quote of hers, "I've seen you staring at my arse, no-ones that straight!". ^^

daglob

Quote from: ghazkul on June 20, 2015, 06:31:17 PM
Best quote of hers, "I've seen you staring at my arse, no-ones that straight!". ^^

That would depend on the subject under observation...

SickAlice

Not really sure why I had to look it up to find out that was from YA. Must be the headaches. Seriously I don't think this character has been in a bad series to date. Chipping away at Storm yet, just finished some skins tonight. I have a few more skins, small costume bits and a couple hairstyles. Hoping for a release date soon.

SickAlice

Podmark

I...don't actually know who that is. That's rare. Looks good though.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Thanks. She's the villian from Infinity Crusade which is the third act of Infinity Guantlet.
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Infinity_Crusade