Mockingbird to be the next Marvel TV show

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, April 21, 2015, 10:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

They new Agents of SHIELD spinoff has just been confirmed to start Bobbi known in the comics as Mockingbird.  I am glad that this actress--whose Wonderwoman series never made it past the pilot--is getting her chance to star in a comic book series.  The WonderWoman series sounded terrible, but the actress has proven to be great in this role.

What do you all think?
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

BWPS

She's basically a bad guy I don't like her she's not that great I'd rather see a totally different superhero show if they're going to make another Marvel show I mean what's she doing that's so important she can't do it on Shield I'm already watching a lot of other shows I'm not going to have time for this I don't like it
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Silver Shocker

From what I've seen, technically it's not confirmed. It's being reported by a source that's not Marvel or ABC, aka not confirmed.

I have nothing against Mockingbird in the comics or show, but.....eh. I'm not digging it. Adrienne Palicki is not leading material, and I don't think the character is appealing or interesting enough to warrant her own show. I would rather watch a spinoff starring Agent May.

I actually didn't watch Agent Carter. I watched the two hour premiere, got absolutely nothing out of it, and said "nope, don't need to watch this week to week". I just find S.H.I.E.L.D. ok most of the time (though this season is a little better than S1 IMO), so I don't have much enthusiasm for a spinoff.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Talavar

I like Mockingbird on the show, and the actor has been great in the role, but I don't -at this point- see enough of a difference to justify another show about agents of SHIELD.  Maybe as a limited series, like Agent Carter was, while AoS is on hiatus, but not if it means no more Agent Carter, which was excellent.