News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

How do you want your FX's?

Started by Cyber Burn, April 23, 2015, 03:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How should I release new FX's?

Release individual FX with instructions for FFEdit.
Release a group of FX with Dat Files.
Other...I'm open to suggestions.

Cyber Burn

Since my productivity has slowed down...a lot...finished FX's are going to be spaced out a little more than before. As such, I was wondering how you all feel would be the best way to release them. Should I release them individually, as a group (Which would space releases out even further), or by some other way. Really, I'm open to suggestions, so if you have other ideas, I'm more than willing to consider them.

spydermann93

I would recommend doing your releases in bulk.  It makes it easier for you (just pack up one file rather than 12 different ones) and it makes it easier to implement to our games (one merge over 12).

Of course, I realize there are members who have trouble downloading in bulk, so I guess that a middle ground would have to be found.

Amazo Version 2.2

i'm good with releasing them one at a time. even if it's one a week or one every other week, then we at least have something new to play with. but if you wait until you have a group of fx, then it may be a month, or 2, or 3. not to be greedy, or anything, but i'm good with seeing new stuff when ever possible. and this also allows people to pick and choose what they want to install.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on April 23, 2015, 09:12:06 PM
i'm good with releasing them one at a time. even if it's one a week or one every other week, then we at least have something new to play with. but if you wait until you have a group of fx, then it may be a month, or 2, or 3. not to be greedy, or anything, but i'm good with seeing new stuff when ever possible. and this also allows people to pick and choose what they want to install.

These were actually some of my concerns:

1.) The length of time between releases, which will depend on if I wait until I finish this entire batch of FX (Which will be somewhere around 50 FX, maybe more).

2.) Having to deal with FFEdit and setting up DAT Files (I find myself not wanting to set up the Sound DAT Files because I always have the game on Mute).

3.) With FX that are Character specific, do people really want all the FX's, or do they just want to pick and choose what they install?

That's why I set up the Poll.

Do you guys want everything, with DAT Files? Would you prefer to just download what you want and set up the FX's in FFEdit yourselves?

Should I release these as I finish them? Should I wait until I have a decent amount to release?

When I originally started making FX, it was really just being done to fill some requests, as well as being used as an opportunity for me to learn something new. But now I'm putting more time into each FX, and also putting more pride into them (Which is why I want to re-do most of my old FX). So when I do have a release, not only do I want you guys to enjoy them, but I want to make sure that I'm happy with them as well.

SickAlice

I take them anyway I can get them thanks but I like your install structure better than the single manual kind obviously as that's an undertaking. More than anything I just want to see you get proper website hosting with preview pics of your stuff. I think given the wealth of FX you've made as well as skins and skopes it's much needed. By the by how's things going with Blender? We never touched base on your progress there.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: SickAlice on April 27, 2015, 06:22:25 PM
I take them anyway I can get them thanks but I like your install structure better than the single manual kind obviously as that's an undertaking. More than anything I just want to see you get proper website hosting with preview pics of your stuff. I think given the wealth of FX you've made as well as skins and skopes it's much needed. By the by how's things going with Blender? We never touched base on your progress there.

I never was successful with using Blender to import Characters into the FF Universe, but it has been a bit helpful with making FX. I just never had the time to devote to it that I wanted, but if I'm lucky, maybe I can try again over the Summer.

SickAlice

That's unfortunate. We should go over it some time when you feel up for it. I'm considering a fast track tutorial there as well as a footnote to RD's actually. Something like where all the user is prompted to do is export male basic, reimport what they just exported, weight it and stick it in a nif. I had to do that myself to get the understanding of it. Originally I dove in and tried some really complicated things but I ended up getting jumbled.