News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Definitive Cinematic Iron Man

Started by Tomato, May 05, 2015, 06:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Now that Avengers 2 is out, what do you guys think is the best version of MCU's Iron Man?

Mark III
1 (9.1%)
Mark IV
5 (45.5%)
Mark VI
0 (0%)
Mark VII
2 (18.2%)
Mark XLII
0 (0%)
Mark XLIII
3 (27.3%)
Mark XLV
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Tomato

Kinda jumping on Pod's bandwagon a bit here, but just curious what people think is the "definitive" MCU armor now that Avengers 2 is out. Admittedly, I'm skipping past a lot of good armors, but I opted to limit the poll to those armors featured prominently in the movies for the sake of not having to list all 45 armors.

Spoiler

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on May 05, 2015, 06:06:30 PM
Kinda jumping on Pod's bandwagon a bit here

Be my guest, I fell off the face of the map on the costume rating polls. I'll have to get back to those.

I voted the Mark III but it was tough, I could have picked any one of them. The last one is interesting, which film was that from?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

I'm guessing it's from the end of Avengers 2. I haven't seen the film myself yet so I don't really know the context, but it's referred to as the Mark 45 on the figures and merchandise (meaning it comes after the Hulkbuster aka Mark 44), and I did a bit of googling before including it to ensure it is in the movie. Personally, I don't much care for it... it's clearly heavily influenced by the bleeding edge armor from the comics, and I wasn't a huge fan of that look.

Personally, I voted for the Mark 43. Granted, it's just the Mark 42 with a better paint job, but the color scheme was the only real problem I had with it. Even the silver areas look like they have a reason to be there (IE: it looks like it's just pieces of the inner machinery poking out), as opposed to the random silver areas on Marks 6, 7, and 45 that look like he just got lazy and didn't finish painting the outer shell.

bat1987

Voted for mark 4, but was not an easy choice. They really did a good job with all of them, very sleek looking and the colors are really crisp.

Cyber Burn

While I considered the Mark XLIII because its a nice, streamlined suit, I ended up going with the Mark IV. I like the solid Red and Gold look, and the Silver in the other Armors just seemed to throw things off.