Stealth Suit
0 (0%)
Avengers 2
12 (75%)
Civil War
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Tomato

Moving on from Iron Man, let's go with someone whose outfits have been a bit more... controversial. I've included the main costumes from each film, including the recently revealed Civil War costume (I considered throwing in the joke costume from CA1, but decided against it.)

Spoiler

Podmark

I have two answers for this question: My favourite is the costume from Captain America 2, the stealth suit as you call it. It's clearly derived from the comics' Super Soldier/Commander Rogers look and I think it looks great.
However, it pushes the design a little too far from the Captain America norm so I don't think of it as the definitive design. That designation I give to Avengers 2 or Civil War (those two are really similar, differences seem vary small). I gave my vote to Avengers 2 since I've seen that one in action.

As for the other two, the WWII costume I've never really liked, something about the design doesn't click for me. There's too many straps and holsters for one thing.
The Avengers 1 design didn't click either. Solid blue seems to overpower the design and the material looks cheap. Kinda looks like I could pick up that one from a Halloween store at decent price.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

I went with the Avengers 2 Costume, it just seemed to be the cleanest, most all around consistent suit in the Group. Like Pod, I considered the Stealth Suit, but it just seemed to clash with the Shield.

Tomato

Avengers 2 for me, easily. The first costume was good for what it was, but it was clearly a one off outfit. The Avengers outfit is... Eh. I think my biggest issue is the mask, it just makes him look too thin somehow. The stealth suit looks great, but like the WWII outfit, it's best as a one off outfit/one used for specific stories.

Really, for definitive outfits, it comes down to Avengers 2 and Captain America 3. Between the two though, I like Avengers 2 slightly more... CA3 has a cleaner design, but I miss the white on the arms.

hoss20

In this array, I completely agree with Pod regarding Cap's Avengers I costume. I did find this rendition of the costume on the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wikia, however. It is in the same retouched format as the pics posted here for the other costumes. For some reason, it is the only one without a shield. For the sake of consistency, I checked to make sure that the pictures of the other costumes were actually the same ones you posted here, Tomato. With this pic in the mix, I'm going to have to cast my vote for this one. I just think it represents Cap's comic book style while still capturing a more modern, functional look.

I do have to be completely honest, though. I remember when I saw it in the movie itself, I wasn't that big of a fan. Other than this costume, I'd have to go with Avengers 2.

Tomato

Its not an official image. If you look closely, there's an artist tag on it. The official ones are either posed weird, or primarily covered by the shield. That's why I didn't include it, and went with a screenshot instead.

hoss20

Sorry about that. I missed the artist tag, although I saw it on the Golden Age uniform that was on there. I did see the same pics you used here for the others, so I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

For me, it's more that the image styles are so different (concept art compared to a pic from the movie), that it's hard to make an accurate comparison. It's weird that there aren't any official images for the Avengers 1 costume like the others. I know I should have relied on the fact that you would have scoured the net to find a good representation. I didn't mean to muddy the waters.

Tomato

Well, to be fair, I pulled the others off a wiki page (I think the Marvel wiki, rather than the cinematic one, though I looked at both) and I did see it... I just discounted it because it was clearly the work of another artist, and it wasn't that accurate (the zippers are less noticeable, the musculature is more defined, etc). I also discounted additional artwork of the WWII look (I think it was made for CA2) because it didn't look like it does in the film.

For the record, I did find plenty of artwork of Avengers 1 Cap. But, well...

Spoiler

The best of it is the last one, but he's posed in such a way that you can't see most of the chest or arms. In that case, I felt like the photo taken from the set was a better choice.

BentonGrey

While the Avengers 2 one is good and the stealth suit is great for an alternative costume, for my money the Avengers 1 costume is basically perfect.  It looks like Cap.  He's the comic brought to life, just like Iron Man, Thor, and Black Widow.  I really like the brighter blue because color is good, which the various movie folks need to have tattooed inside their eyelids.  Also, the loss of the red gloves in the more recent ones is a real shame.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

bat1987

Civil War costume with red gloves and boots would have been perfect. As it is, def going with Avengers 1. It's a modern take on his classic outfit so it works great. I like all of them, that one is my fave though.

Tomato

So between coming off my Avengers 2 high and getting to see some better renders of the Avengers 1 outfit (Courtesy of a wonderful mobile game called Future Fight) I wanted to quickly come back and address this discussion before posting the next poll. I'm going to make a pros and cons list for the 3 "best" costumes, outlining what I feel are the pros and cons of each.

Avengers 1:
Pros: The gloves and boots are perfect. Admittedly, I kind of wrote them off before (mainly because most of my exposure to the costume has been the previous Marvel Legends figure, and Hasbro went way too bright on the red for that figure. Avengers struck a better balance.) The colors in general are better balanced on the Avengers 1 design, though maybe the blue could have been a shade darker.
Cons: Mainly the mask. It's nothing I can really put my finger on, honestly... maybe it's the lack of chin on it, or the lack of ears... I dunno, but it just looks wrong whenever I see it. I'm not overwhelmingly fond of the chin strap they use in later designs, but it does look better in action. I also don't like the stripes on his torso... they don't look like a natural part of the outfit, especially since they appear to be armor plating, something that isn't present in the rest of the design. It's like if those armor segments on the Dark Knight batman costume only covered his abs, and the rest of the costume was fabric. Finally, I take issue with the white stripes on the arms... they only cover the inner half of the arm, and like the stripes appear just to be patched on rather than a relevant part of the outfit.

Avengers 2:
Pros: As stated, the mask on the Avengers 2 costume is superior to the Avengers 1 costume. The red and white strips on the torso look like a natural part of the outfit, and I like some of the little bits of red threaded throughout the costume, it just makes the design pop that much more.
Cons: It's just a bit too busy. All that random detail on the torso, the complicated shoulderpads... As I stated, I do like some of the red, but they went excessive with it. I'm also with Benton on this... it's just a touch too dark. I'd be happier if the blue was somewhere in the middle of the shades of Avengers 1 and 2.

Avengers 2.5/Civil War:
Pros: Much cleaner than the Avengers 2 design. It keeps just enough of the red detail to be interesting, without looking excessive. A great balance between having detail and being too busy.
Cons: I definitely miss the white areas from the arms of the Avengers 2 design, and if anything the color is even darker than the Avengers 2 costume. I realize part of that is tone for the film, but... ugh.

Honestly, to me, the perfect costume would be a mix of all three. Color scheme, gloves, and boots from Avengers 1, though maybe with a blue that's a shade (a SHADE mind you) darker, the arms from Avengers 2, and the rest of the design from Civil War. As is... I still have to go with Avengers 2, but only because the Avengers 1 mask bugs the heck out of me every time I see it.